Riverdale

Riverdale has alot of talented athletes in the school and as long as they continue to play football Riverdale will be successful. However, several factors may play into Riverdale not playing for a state championship most seasons:

1. They are not going to be able to get the transfers from Rutherford County like they once did.

2. Several new high schools have opened in the county with more on the way. This only dilutes the talent pool.

3. If D1 & D2 are placed back together with only 4 classifications the competition will be much stronger.

• Replies 262
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

To answer the original question, I think Riverdale is very capable of making another run. They have tons of good players and should be strong on both lines. If the team has had a good off-season they will be competitive. I look for a slow start and strong finish.

We'll begin to get some more ideas of coach A's philosophy soon. Will the program continue to be as open or will they become secretive like some of the other county programs are? What about scrimmages...will they adopt different formats and different opponents?

A couple little things I noticed over the summer:

~Riverdale scheduled a high quality private school for a regular season game which is a change from the Rankin era.

~ The facilities have really been kept in good shape. This has always been a strong point but is even better this year.

~ Web site hasn't been updated all summer which is unusual.

The pace definitely should start to pick up now.

riverdale dominates yr in yr out...doesnt matter..yall r talkin like they have never lost this many seniors! riverdale will still be dominate...

Not in a sarcastic way but have they always lost this many seniors? Maybe they have, but they have ALWAYS had dominant juniors. I don't see any 2007 players that are as dominant as 04, 05, or 06. The best juniors to me last year was Locke, Hunter, and Goree. Plus they haven't loss this many coaches before. I don't want to go out on the edge and say Riverdale will be soft but they won't dominate.

Not in a sarcastic way but have they always lost this many seniors? Maybe they have, but they have ALWAYS had dominant juniors. I don't see any 2007 players that are as dominant as 04, 05, or 06. The best juniors to me last year was Locke, Hunter, and Goree. Plus they haven't loss this many coaches before. I don't want to go out on the edge and say Riverdale will be soft but they won't dominate.

There is a new coaching staff with a lot of new names. The main questions around this team is the DBs and RBs but I'm guessing they will do OK. This team should be better on both lines and at the LBs. Will probably be better at WR. With the QB returning they should be better there too. Punting should be improved but we have to find a place-kicker.

ALRIGHT IN ALL SERIOUSNESS...WE ARE GOING TO BE JUST FINE yes Rankin is gone but it has been my opinion that we have one of the best coaching STAFFS in the state now we did lose britton and snow and mcdaniel BUT he have a lot of the staff still here and correct me if i am wrong coach A did a pretty good job at hillsboro did he not? so the guy can coach too i am sure he brought in a few guys who can replace the coaches we have lost as with every year we lose a few coaches and replace them with someone else new and energetic to helpo keep the machine rolling

Now onto the crack about the superintendent and transfer ins i believe all schools has had their fair share of them when it was just oaklnad and Riverdale their were several from each team the only difference now is that people cant come to Riverdale but they can get an exemption into oakland one of your starting QBs was a Riverdale boy but saw he wasnt going to start at riverdale so he left so transfers and zone exemtions were big everywhere

Yes we still have plenty of athletes to win and the machine will still role

as far as Chad i havent heard anything official i do know that he has been encourage to quit football and concentrate on baseball but i dont know of any descion as of now me personally you are only in High school once i would love to see him out there for his SR year but if he doenst play i understand

ALRIGHT IN ALL SERIOUSNESS...WE ARE GOING TO BE JUST FINE yes Rankin is gone but it has been my opinion that we have one of the best coaching STAFFS in the state now we did lose britton and snow and mcdaniel BUT he have a lot of the staff still here and correct me if i am wrong coach A did a pretty good job at hillsboro did he not? so the guy can coach too i am sure he brought in a few guys who can replace the coaches we have lost as with every year we lose a few coaches and replace them with someone else new and energetic to helpo keep the machine rolling

Now onto the crack about the superintendent and transfer ins i believe all schools has had their fair share of them when it was just oaklnad and Riverdale their were several from each team the only difference now is that people cant come to Riverdale but they can get an exemption into oakland one of your starting QBs was a Riverdale boy but saw he wasnt going to start at riverdale so he left so transfers and zone exemtions were big everywhere

as far as Chad i havent heard anything official i do know that he has been encourage to quit football and concentrate on baseball but i dont know of any descion as of now me personally you are only in High school once i would love to see him out there for his SR year but if he doenst play i understand

ok i agree with u..riverdale is the team until they go a couple yrs without winnin..which i jus dont see happenin...

riverdaleman, you make good points. Riverdale had a good nucleus to fall back on. They will win games for yrs to come.

Not sure what QB that you are talking about tho?

Is Wyant not still at RHS? Or is someone else doing the webpage now?

I also heard that Chad had a minor injury this summer and that was the main consideration about not playing football...to heal up for spring. We both know if you start season out with an injury, it is rare for it to completely heal. I wish him well no matter what he chooses to do. I think he has a VERY bright future in baseball.

riverdaleman, you make good points. Riverdale had a good nucleus to fall back on. They will win games for yrs to come.

Not sure what QB that you are talking about tho?

Is Wyant not still at RHS? Or is someone else doing the webpage now?

I also heard that Chad had a minor injury this summer and that was the main consideration about not playing football...to heal up for spring. We both know if you start season out with an injury, it is rare for it to completely heal. I wish him well no matter what he chooses to do. I think he has a VERY bright future in baseball.

2P, I think he is talking about Matt Forrest as being the QB that left R'dale for Oakland.

As to the web page it is not usually updated during the summer at least until the real practice starts again. Face it the man deserves a vacation too!

As to Chad, I wish him well no matter what he decides to do. :lol:

Hahhaah...what he deserves????? Hahhaha....NO comment....... :lol:

Duh...forgot about Matt. However, I think it was more friction b/f his father and Rank-dogg that caused that flight. Let's not forget Rankin made sure he sat out an entire yr for doing it too. I can assure everyone that Matt does and continues to feel it was worth it tho.

Maybe jda can enlighten us about Chad as he is as close as it gets to all the action. :lol:

Edited by 2priceless

There is a new coaching staff with a lot of new names. The main questions around this team is the DBs and RBs but I'm guessing they will do OK. This team should be better on both lines and at the LBs. Will probably be better at WR. With the QB returning they should be better there too. Punting should be improved but we have to find a place-kicker.

LB's will be better or just good? Because Kit was a beast and I felt the wrath of Butler on a interception and it wasn't nice AT ALL...If you speak to him, tell him that was the hardest I've ever been hit :lol: lol

True, your only in high school once. I've thought about quitting other sports to concentrate on football but every athlete that has graduated that i've talked to that didn't play at the next level all regret not playing up to their potential in high school. Sometimes people forget that we are kids and not major league players. For instance, people say Sonny Gray should quit football. Sonny is without a doubt a very easy d-1 prospect for baseball and wouldn't be suprised if he got drafted out of high school if he stays at the pace he's going, but he is a very good QB. But like riverdaleman said, if he didn't play i would understand because he can play some baseball. I've seen him hit some BOMBS!