Maryville or Brentwood Academy

BL46

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I bet there are a lot of u.t. fans that would like to have had Bama's 10-2 record last year.

I'll second that notion......and add, what was that Vandy/UT score this past season??........also, when you have 12 National Championships and numerous NCAA records we're allowed to live in the past!!!

As for the forum question, who cares? But I believe it will be Maryville simply because I've not heard too much about BA's talent level this year....and you can bet if they had it, they'd tell you loud and clear.

I'll second that notion......and add, what was that Vandy/UT score this past season??........also, when you have 12 National Championships and numerous NCAA records we're allowed to live in the past!!!

As for the forum question, who cares? But I believe it will be Maryville simply because I've not heard too much about BA's talent level this year....and you can bet if they had it, they'd tell you loud and clear.

BA is loaded with talent. We have the past few years, as well. Talent has not been the problem. I think the problem has been DII is very tough and we just haven't got it done as a team.

"What does that mean?"

alabama has 6 actual national titles.

oklahoma has 7, & notre dame has either 9 or 10.

the reality is nothing to sneeze at,

alabama is unquestionably one of the top football schools in the us.

but somewhere along the way

someone went back and collected every time they got a #1 rating in any poll

even the tuscaloosa local paper poll,

and called them all national titles.

they have it on a bunch of t-shirts and stuff,

i think some of them may even take it seriously,

but it is kind of a joke to everyone else.

all murvul would have to do is go back before the playoffs

and find local newspaper articles stating that particular teams were "the best in the state",

call those state titles, print up t-shirts and hats, and voila

18 state titles.

Edited by lazarus

"What does that mean?"

alabama has 6 actual national titles.

oklahoma has 7, & notre dame has either 9 or 10.

the reality is nothing to sneeze at,

alabama is unquestionably one of the top football schools in the us.

but somewhere along the way

someone went back and collected every time they got a #1 rating in any poll

even the tuscaloosa local paper poll,

and called them all national titles.

they have it on a bunch of t-shirts and stuff,

i think some of them may even take it seriously,

but it is kind of a joke to everyone else.

all murvul would have to do is go back before the playoffs

and find local newspaper articles stating that particular teams were "the best in the state",

call those state titles, print up t-shirts and hats, and voila

18 state titles.

Yup.......those mythical national titles nobody was aware of.....at the time these titles were supposedly won, most folks had no idea who the teams were.......our media wasn't what it is today for promotion.......heard all about the mythical titles last year.......