Maryville or Brentwood Academy

BL46

Believe what you want to believe, but coach Flatt would never and has never publicly (esp. on Tv or radio), called another team fair and definately would never call his own team great. Well, maybe with the exception of his 88 team, lol. Even if he thought another team was fair and his was great, he is way to smart a coach to give his opp. the fuel that those remarks would give. As for walking off the field without the silver ball, he felt that the situation might get out of control and he did what he thought was best for his players. His job as a coach is to protect his team, even if the threat is real or preceived. When your the best, there are always those that want to bash you and your character. Coach Flatt is Class and so is BA. MLREB, no BA has not won vs. Maryville. Talk about living in the past, 76-78. BA has never backed down from a challenge and they play in a very tough class. Maryville would not have 6 out of ten if they played in that class. In fact, Mary is relieved that BA is not in thier class anymore because Mary's last one might have been in 78. By the way, MLREB, how many rings you polishing? BA, 35 years, 21 finals. Pretty impressive. Vivat Veritas, Let truth prevail. B)

Let truth prevail ? Ya right , I was on the 76 team , and Coach Flatt did call Maryville a "fair team ", that is the truth . I know in 1978 he sure didn't refer to us as a " fair team" .

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Let truth prevail ? Ya right , I was on the 76 team , and Coach Flatt did call Maryville a "fair team ", that is the truth . I know in 1978 he sure didn't refer to us as a " fair team" .

I am glad to hear the year. I was positive that it was not 78. 1976 was before I knew him. I do know he was given zero chance to win that year (there were like 120 boys and girls grades 9-12 back then). We were just up from Single-A (by request - obviously not because of enrollment). I think he was either trying a desperate measure or he learned from it. Because that is So not him to say something like that to anyone much less the media. Either way, no one denies (including Coach Flatt) that the best team won in 76 and 78.

I know that Maryville had to be even more disappointed than Coach Flatt that there were no further rematches. After the 1978 season there would be 13 more years of BA and Maryville sharing the AA classification. Coach Flatt came back to the finals 9 of those 13 years.

Edited by USA1

I am glad to hear the year. I was positive that it was not 78. 1976 was before I knew him. I do know he was given zero chance to win that year (there were like 120 boys and girls grades 9-12 back then). We were just up from Single-A (by request - obviously not because of enrollment). I think he was either trying a desperate measure or he learned from it. Becasue that is So not him to say something like that to anyone much less the media. Either way, no one denys (including Coach Flatt) that the best team won in 76 and 78.

I know that Maryville had to be even more disappointed than Coach Flatt that there were no further rematches. After the 1978 season there would be 13 more years of BA and Maryville sharing the AA classification. Coach Flatt came back to the finals 9 of those 13 years.

Well, BA and Maryville could always play in week zero.

Like someone else said BA and Coach Flatt does not want Maryville on it's schdule.

Don't sell your team short. Just because Brentwood Academy only has 5A Division 1 teams on their schedule, doesn't mean they wouldn't dip down to 4A and play a team with very good tradition like Maryville. I would not expect them to dump a rematch with the defending TN 5A State Champions or the MS 5A State Runner-ups or anything like that. But, who knows just keep up that tradition and anything might happen.

"BA and Coach Flatt does not want Maryville on it's schdule."

i may not be considered a BA supporter,

but they have a proven record of scheduling tough opponents.

if maryville wanted that game, i am certain they could have it

on the first date BA has available.

if you are dying to see that matchup, you probably need to be talking to people in maryville.

"BA and Coach Flatt does not want Maryville on it's schdule."

i may not be considered a BA supporter,

but they have a proven record of scheduling tough opponents.

if maryville wanted that game, i am certain they could have it

on the first date BA has available.

if you are dying to see that matchup, you probably need to be talking to people in maryville.

This would be a great kick off game for the season. Can you imagine the money they would make.

Like someone else said BA and Coach Flatt does not want Maryville on it's schdule.

I think he was joking. Cut the guy a break. I'm sure he actually has done at least a cursory reading of BA's schedules.

This thread is TOO funny, though...I have to admit!! Why was it moved to Public-Private Debate forum?

Edited by itzme

Ya , I'm sure it's Brandon100 ... when you make as many stupid posts as he does you have to change your name .

BTW Catback aka: Barney Fife ..... Have you still got your one bullet ? hehe

Actually, I only come on here at football season, and I have found that you guys that make fun of me are beyond imbiciles. I have no idea who trnsdeveloper is......Everything I said came true in the playoffs, and you are mad because I proved right. SteelerWhit.......you and the rest of us alums will never win against these half brained nitwits, so don't waste your breath trying to show the truth...........we have known each other a long time, and you and I know what is right. I played on 3 state championship teams and you played on 2 with 3 state championship appearances. Most of these guys that you are debating with never got to even play for the district championship.....let alone even start for a mediocre team. These guys just spit in your face and laugh. They have an answer for everything. Most of them have no idea what they are talking about 80% of the time. There are more of them in here than you and the rest of our supporters. I have fought these guys for years and they don't listen. It is like arguing/debating with a brick wall. Just let the numbers show the truth.......kind of like the Ravenwood vs. Oak Ridge score in the 2005 state championship. I told these high and mighty guys weeks before the game Ravenwood would take it all the way and they laughed until they saw the score. Most said Oak Ridge would blow them out of the stadium. I told my Ravenwood friends they would win the state the first game of the 2005 season when BA beat them. Sure enough.....they won. Yeah..........show me one comment I made last year that wasn't or didn't come true :lol: Oh.......by the way.........congrats on the win in the TSSAA lawsuit BA! Yeah........"Let Truth Prevail"! :)

Edited by Brandon100

This would be a great kick off game for the season. Can you imagine the money they would make.

This precisely the type of game that the organizers of the clinic bowl were hoping to pull off when the Clinic Bowl, despite its long, rich tradition in TN high school football, was forced to become a pre-season game rather than a state title game. They wanted to create match-ups between teams that would not normally meet up during the regular season (i.e., public v. private; 4a v. 5a) and that would draw big crowds and generate big $ for the charities supported by the Clinic Bowl. Well, surprise, surprise, no local public schools had any interest in playing in the game.

They would be doing back flips to get a game like BA-Maryville...last year they really wanted MBA-Riverdale but Riverdale wouldn't do it.

What's up Brandon, it is nice to hear from you. You know how I am, I always like to throw a few logs on the fire. Esp. when pple that have no clue talk trash. I always state the facts and back it up. If being the best means that u have to take pop shoots from those that was'nt "recruited" (LOL) by BA, I'll take the shoots w/ a smile as I polish my rings. Love to your family, Whit

This precisely the type of game that the organizers of the clinic bowl were hoping to pull off when the Clinic Bowl, despite its long, rich tradition in TN high school football, was forced to become a pre-season game rather than a state title game. They wanted to create match-ups between teams that would not normally meet up during the regular season (i.e., public v. private; 4a v. 5a) and that would draw big crowds and generate big $ for the charities supported by the Clinic Bowl. Well, surprise, surprise, no local public schools had any interest in playing in the game.

They would be doing back flips to get a game like BA-Maryville...last year they really wanted MBA-Riverdale but Riverdale wouldn't do it.

It's too bad that the organizers of the Clinic Bowl didn't get this match up for this years game. I believe this might have been one of the most exciting Clinic Bowl's ever. The organizers need to contact both schools and get it set up for the near future. I'm sure that there would be other great match ups but I believe this one to be the best.