1A top 10!

bigtuck4242

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I hear ya Utha, how's UC psyche this yr?

I think that we will be pretty good, we're just underrated for losing all of our seniors from last year, which isn't a suprise, they were a good group of guys

Did they win any games when he played?

They went undefeated but lost in the second round of the playoffs back in the day, he played quarterback at akron and ut martin

True, but Jo Byrns will not be 10th, trust me! They will finish higher then that.

I hope so. I hope the taste of success from last year will make you hungrier for more and prove to everyone that '05 was not a fluke. And most of all, from my favorite post from last season...show 'em how our 160 lb LB's swell up at gametime!!! Did you think "OUR" endzone was too loud last season?!?!?!

I hope so. I hope the taste of success from last year will make you hungrier for more and prove to everyone that '05 was not a fluke. And most of all, from my favorite post from last season...show 'em how our 160 lb LB's swell up at gametime!!! Did you think "OUR" endzone was too loud last season?!?!?!

An endzone can never be too loud!! Of course it can always get louder, maybe i will go down there and help u guys out this year.

Just to clarify tho, now or LB's our heavier lol

Tuck is a WHOPPING 175 according to Murphy Fair

And Hankins is about 180.

Edited by neutralfan07

An endzone can never be too loud!! Of course it can always get louder, maybe i will go down there and help u guys out this year.

Just to clarify tho, now or LB's our heavier lol

Tuck is a WHOPPING 175 according to Murphy Fair

And Hankins is about 180.

You sure that scale is right??? :thumb: We're going to need a "repair the gate" fund if we hang on it too much longer!

I think we should have a little discussion about the JCS team ( and coaching staff). Fresh coaches is all I can say. Brian Stewart bumped to head, Lansdell and Cohu gone. Gray Powell (Harding University Football Coach, Coach of a nationally ranked Texas team) and Cade Smith. New coaches means a whole new playbook and a whole new game from JCS. And the speed. With only losing 8 seniors, they might be hurting in recieving, but thats all if at that. Do I expect a state championship? Too early to tell. Am I even going to put my opinion of the rankings? No. I just want a discussion.

I think we should have a little discussion about the JCS team ( and coaching staff). Fresh coaches is all I can say. Brian Stewart bumped to head, Lansdell and Cohu gone. Gray Powell (Harding University Football Coach, Coach of a nationally ranked Texas team) and Cade Smith. New coaches means a whole new playbook and a whole new game from JCS. And the speed. With only losing 8 seniors, they might be hurting in recieving, but thats all if at that. Do I expect a state championship? Too early to tell. Am I even going to put my opinion of the rankings? No. I just want a discussion.

My $.02. The coach does not mean as much as the talent and desire of the players. Way back when, we (Jo Byrns/ 1A) beat Page, a 3A team. They had a new coach that was just a few years out of playing for the Philadelphia Eagles. We had a new coach as well, but also returned A LOT of talent with A LOT of desire. Enough desire and talent to give Bruceton all they wanted in a 14-13 JBS loss when Bruceton was on their way to the Clinic Bowl. I'm not downing the importance of a good coach, and Coach Adkins (JBS)is good, but again...my $.02

My $.02. The coach does not mean as much as the talent and desire of the players. Way back when, we (Jo Byrns/ 1A) beat Page, a 3A team. They had a new coach that was just a few years out of playing for the Philadelphia Eagles. We had a new coach as well, but also returned A LOT of talent with A LOT of desire. Enough desire and talent to give Bruceton all they wanted in a 14-13 JBS loss when Bruceton was on their way to the Clinic Bowl. I'm not downing the importance of a good coach, and Coach Adkins (JBS)is good, but again...my $.02

No no. You have a good point. Without strong players then your team won't be any good. My reasoning for that post was to simply give coaches credit where credit is due. I, myself, don't know what approach JCS is taking this year, with a new coaching staff. I just think that the plays called are as important as the talent of the players.

No no. You have a good point. Without strong players then your team won't be any good. My reasoning for that post was to simply give coaches credit where credit is due. I, myself, don't know what approach JCS is taking this year, with a new coaching staff. I just think that the plays called are as important as the talent of the players.

Very true. With that said...I think talent would be 51% importance to coaching at 49%. BUT...that is at game time. O and D can audible off of what a coach calls. Coaching takes the cake from spring training up to Week 0 and between games, watching film, conditioning and technique drills, etc.. "You can lead the horse to water, but..."

Very true. With that said...I think talent would be 51% importance to coaching at 49%. BUT...that is at game time. O and D can audible off of what a coach calls. Coaching takes the cake from spring training up to Week 0 and between games, watching film, conditioning and technique drills, etc.. "You can lead the horse to water, but..."

I can agree with that. :thumb: Now, if you will excuse me, I must be making my way to USJ. The game calls.