12. Coalfield

13. Harriman

14. Bruceton

15. Mckenzie

16. Cloudland

17. Eagleville

18. Whitewell

19. Moore Co.

Thats how Coaches around the state voted them, the only real problem i have w/ the top ten is Union City being so high. They lost 22 seniors and i see them not being nearly as good as last year.

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Murphy Fair has it as:

1. Trousdale Co.

2. Friendship Christian

3. South Pittsburg

4. Union City

5. Jackson Christian

6. Mt. Pleasant

7. Jo Byrns

8. Lake County

9. Hampton

10. Fayette Academy(tie)

10. Gordonsvillle(tie)

Others in order:

12. Coalfield

13. Harriman

14. Bruceton

15. Mckenzie

16. Cloudland

17. Eagleville

18. Whitewell

19. Moore Co.

Thats how Coaches around the state voted them, the only real problem i have w/ the top ten is Union City being so high. They lost 22 seniors and i see them not being nearly as good as last year.

Far be it from me to argue with Murphy. I couldn't disagree with that lineup. I actually think Gordonsville could be a bit higher. One thing to point out--there are three Region 4 teams in the top 10. That speaks for itself!!

Murphy Fair has it as:

1. Trousdale Co.

2. Friendship Christian

3. South Pittsburg

4. Union City

5. Jackson Christian

6. Mt. Pleasant

7. Jo Byrns

8. Lake County

9. Hampton

10. Fayette Academy(tie)

10. Gordonsvillle(tie)

Others in order:

12. Coalfield

13. Harriman

14. Bruceton

15. Mckenzie

16. Cloudland

17. Eagleville

18. Whitewell

19. Moore Co.

MY PRE SEASON PICKS AS FOLLOWS 1.FRIENDSHIP 2.FAYETTE ACA.(tie)

2.JO BYRNS (tie)

4.SO. PITT

5.TROUSDALE CO.

6.MT.PLEASANT

7.LAKE CO.

8.HAMPTON

9.EAGLEVILLE

10.JACKSON CHR.

everyone has their opinion,not going against my boys at JO BYRNS but watch out NO#1

MY PRE SEASON PICKS AS FOLLOWS 1.FRIENDSHIP 2.FAYETTE ACA.(tie)

2.JO BYRNS (tie)

4.SO. PITT

5.TROUSDALE CO.

6.MT.PLEASANT

7.LAKE CO.

8.HAMPTON

9.EAGLEVILLE

10.JACKSON CHR.

everyone has their opinion,not going against my boys at JO BYRNS but watch out NO#1

:o i'll give you #1, that's the betting man's choice, but you're picking the rest of those with your heart and not your head. gordonsville was the only other team in 1a that gave the champs a game(other than FCS) and you don't even give them a top ten nod. i hate gordonsville, but they still deserve more respect than that. jo byrns???fayette academy?????they couldn't even hang with union city(who was beaten quite soundly by your #5, what a joke.) last year. even south pitt should be higher than they are. now come on and give some real predictions. you crazy man. :o:o

Edited by snoball5278

:o i'll give you #1, that's the betting man's choice, but you're picking the rest of those with your heart and not your head. gordonsville was the only other team in 1a that gave the champs a game(other than FCS) and you don't even give them a top ten nod. i hate gordonsville, but they still deserve more respect than that. jo byrns???fayette academy?????they couldn't even hang with union city(who were beaten quite soundly by your #5, what a joke.) last year. even south pitt should be higher than they are. now come on and give some real predictions. you crazy man. :o:o

I thought the predictions were for this year, not last year.

I wander where each 1A team stands as far as power ratings . / strength of schedule

I know FC had a tough one last year. I think just 2nd to Copper Baisen. It'll be interesting as the season progresses. Especially to see how the different regions play out.

To all Class 1A Regions good luck & may all stay healthy.

Edited by Ole3putt

I thought the predictions were for this year, not last year.

:o oh they are, but they're based on what happened last year.(correct me if i'm wrong) what i'm conveying is most of those predictions read like a wish list, rather than a thought out assimilation of what's probably going to occur. i mean i could say mickey mouse's team is my preseason #1 and they'll be playing the loonie toons squad(my #5, they're my "sleeper") in the boro this fall, of course i come to this conclusion because i'm not paying a bit of mind to what happened last year, and i make these picks basicly on the fact that... this is what I would like to see. do you see what sense that makes? :o

;) oh they are, but they're based on what happened last year.(correct me if i'm wrong) what i'm conveying is most of those predictions read like a wish list, rather than a thought out assimilation of what's probably going to occur. i mean i could say mickey mouse's team is my preseason #1 and they'll be playing the loonie toons squad(my #5, they're my "sleeper") in the boro this fall, of course i come to this conclusion because i'm not paying a bit of mind to what happened last year, and i make these picks basicly on the fact that... this is what I would like to see. do you see what sense that makes? :lol:

Yes, I understand what you are saying. Tuck ask for picks, picks are opinions and you know what they say about opinions. Speaking of last year, I don't remember the score of the Gordonsville Trousdale County game. Can you refresh my memory.

Yes, I understand what you are saying. Tuck ask for picks, picks are opinions and you know what they say about opinions. Speaking of last year, I don't remember the score of the Gordonsville Trousdale County game. Can you refresh my memory.

41 - 20 and 34- 0 , they played twice.

Thats how Coaches around the state voted them, the only real problem i have w/ the top ten is Union City being so high. They lost 22 seniors and i see them not being nearly as good as last year

Couldn't agree more. Also dont know if JCS is good enough for a 5 spot, but thats why you play the game!