1A top 10!

bigtuck4242

oh they are, but they're based on what happened last year.(correct me if i'm wrong) what i'm conveying is most of those predictions read like a wish list, rather than a thought out assimilation of what's probably going to occur. i mean i could say mickey mouse's team is my preseason #1 and they'll be playing the loonie toons squad(my #5, they're my "sleeper") in the boro this fall, of course i come to this conclusion because i'm not paying a bit of mind to what happened last year, and i make these picks basicly on the fact that... this is what I would like to see. do you see what sense that makes?

If they're based on what happened last year, then why isn't Fayette Academy ahead of Lake County? LAST YEAR they beat them 53-14 in the first round of the playoffs. So apparently not every aspect of preseason rankings has to do with "last year." Ill give it you that probably the top 3, top 4 teams are there because of their play last year but the majority of the teams on the the top ten are there because of the progress they have made in the offseason and the promise that they bring to THIS YEAR. Also, who are you to tell people their opinions are garbage (in so many words), when did you become the authority on whats a good top ten preseason football poll OPINION?

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

;) oh they are, but they're based on what happened last year.(correct me if i'm wrong) what i'm conveying is most of those predictions read like a wish list, rather than a thought out assimilation of what's probably going to occur. i mean i could say mickey mouse's team is my preseason #1 and they'll be playing the loonie toons squad(my #5, they're my "sleeper") in the boro this fall, of course i come to this conclusion because i'm not paying a bit of mind to what happened last year, and i make these picks basicly on the fact that... this is what I would like to see. do you see what sense that makes? :lol:

Hey BUBBA, sounds like you should pull for mickey mouse thats your mentality,all the guy ask for was for opinions,I gave mine,you gave yours along with alot of unecessary bull$$$$ ,and to comment on your last statement my picks is what i would like to see,do you see what sence that makes? BLINK BLINK!!!

GO RED DEVILS

These are just my picks just going by last years records, and returning players for this year. I have in parenthesis how many returning starters for each team.

1. Frienship Christian (14 of 22)

2. Trousdale County (8 of 22)

3. Fayette Academy(14 of 22)

4. Jo Byrns (14 of 22)

5. South Pittsburg ( NL, but lost best WR)

6. Mt. Pleasant (7 of 22)

7. Jackson Christian (NL)

8. Gordonsville (12 of 22)

9. Eagleville (16 of 22)

10. Union City (NL, but lost 22 seniors)

Teams that could be there by seasons end:

Mckenzie, Hampton, Lake County, Harriman, Cloudland, and Collinwood

NL- returning players Not Listed in Murphy Fair

These are just my picks just going by last years records, and returning players for this year. I have in parenthesis how many returning starters for each team.

4. Jo Byrns (14 of 22)

9. Eagleville (16 of 22)

Thanks for the Info bigtuck, I haven't seen the M.Fair mag. yet . Interesting to see the Qty of returning players for some of these teams.

Also, who are you to tell people their opinions are garbage (in so many words), when did you become the authority on whats a good top ten preseason football poll OPINION?

i'm snoball5278, and who are you to tell me that i can't hold different opinions or argue against others? you want me to lie and say "oh man those are great picks, and very likely to occur" cause i'm just being honest. also i obtained my authority to debate and argue on oct 7, 1981 about 0700 am when i was born in the USA. i mean, last i checked the constitution defended my free speech, you fascist. ;):o;)

4. Jo Byrns (14 of 22)

9. Eagleville (16 of 22)

SP lost best WR but gained a bigger line and more backs. Passing is not the strong point.

1. Friendship Christian

2. South Pittsburg

3. Trousdale

4. Mt. Pleasant

5. Jo Byrns

Hey BUBBA, sounds like you should pull for mickey mouse thats your mentality,all the guy ask for was for opinions,I gave mine,you gave yours along with alot of unecessary bull$$$$ ,and to comment on your last statement my picks is what i would like to see,do you see what sence that makes? BLINK BLINK!!!

GO RED DEVILS

ease up with the profanity, dude. kids read this stuff. don't get so rattled when someone yanks your chain. :o and no i don't see what sence that makes i don't even know what "sence" is. ;);)

Edited by snoball5278

ease up with the profanity, dude. kids read this stuff. don't get so rattled when someone yanks your chain. ;) and no i don't see what sence that makes i don't even know what "sence" is. ;):o

Well from the look of your next to last comment you seemed to get a little rattled yourself but that is just my opinion.

Thanks for the Info bigtuck, I haven't seen the M.Fair mag. yet . Interesting to see the Qty of returning players for some of these teams.

The number of senior returns is not that big of a deal in high school. In fact most of your top teams, especially in 1-A started alot of younger guys, Example: Friendship, There top runningback, Rickaway was just a sophomore, and a good one. Trousdale used many juniors, and Hampton was full of freshmen. All three of these teams were in the top. Murphy needs 2 lists, one that list departing seniors and beside it he should list if they were impact players. You pass 12 years of school your a senior, that does not make you a good football player, my DAUGHTERS a senior.