Top Sophomores in Tennessee

ShaneC

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sam Thompson from Alcoa. He has good speed and hands(WR), and will put a hit on anybody (SS). Starts both ways on this team. His first high school punt (replacing Fiegler) went 65 yards against Maryville last Friday. As a footnote, he is very bright, already holding a HIGH ACT score! We will hear great things about this young man during the next few years!

I agree, Sam is special. He is a multiple sport athlete. Football, I believe he will play basketball, soccer most likly and he used to wrestle. He has two brothers at Annapolis Naval Academy and they both scored in the 30's on their ACT, and from what I hear Sam is as smart if not smarter. A great all around kid. I look forward to seeing him play the next few years. He had a pick and good runback vs CAK but a penalty called back the runback, and against Maryville it seemed like his name was called on every tackle. He will be something special, but he may standout more as a SS/Punter, but with him he can do anything he sets his mind too. I haven't seen him catch any that I remember this year, but I probably forgot. But that punt, wow.

being a goodpasture graduate i would consider myself a little partial but i think that one of the new backs they have in there stable over there (a group of backs that put up 500 yards on the ground last weekend against a very good PJPII team that also has a very solid sophomore in wesley tate) is quite good. Benji Cunningham is his name and though he's only had 15 carries in limited play he's seen the endzone 3 times and has totaled 322 yards (thats 21.5 yards a carry).

• 3 weeks later...

I know of two of the top ones in East Tennessee

Courtland Styles of Knoxville Central, has all the skills to be great

Jock Stinson of Knoxville Fulton, if he keeps his head in the right direction Fulton could win another 3A title this year

Throw out some more names so that I can him about them.

I played against Styles pappa while he was at Carson Newman, he was a awesome LB.. I can't believ this is his kid.. What kind of season is he having?