Westmoreland vs Greenbrier

Boobi

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I believe it will be a better game this year. Its always tough going to Westmoreland.

it definately should be! to be honest last years game in my opinion could have been a lil closer, I'm not taken anythingaway from SCHS. But Westmoreland didnt come out and played like they were capable.

I believe you Boobi. Both GreenbrierCat2 & NoDoubt looked at this topic last night and neither one of them argued your score. I'm sure at least one of them attended the scrimmage last night.

I was over on West End so I wasn't able to make it but had a real close contact that was there and he pretty much described it the same way. WM QB seemed to be the "go-to" guy. I did hear that one of the scores was on a blocked punt and long return. Not sure why punts are being blocked in the first scrimmage of the year but to each his own.

Overall.... for the Cat's first scrimmage, I think the coaches were reasonably pleased.

I was over on West End so I wasn't able to make it but had a real close contact that was there and he pretty much described it the same way. WM QB seemed to be the "go-to" guy. I did hear that one of the scores was on a blocked punt and long return. Not sure why punts are being blocked in the first scrimmage of the year but to each his own.

Overall.... for the Cat's first scrimmage, I think the coaches were reasonably pleased.

yeah... there was a blocked punt but I'm counting the varisty the punt was blocked w/ the JV team.

I believe you Boobi. Both GreenbrierCat2 & NoDoubt looked at this topic last night and neither one of them argued your score. I'm sure at least one of them attended the scrimmage last night.

You almost had me fooled there, Catfish/CBarkley/BigCountry......but thanks for keeping up with my viewing frequency.......but no, I haven't been to Westmoreland in at least a decade or two. You must still think I'm someone I'm not. I did talk with a good friend that is a Greenbrier player yesterday though and asked how the scrimmage went. He seemed to think they faired pretty well, but then again, it was a scrimmage.

How are Sycamore and the Cubbies looking? ;)

You almost had me fooled there, Catfish/CBarkley/BigCountry......but thanks for keeping up with my viewing frequency.......but no, I haven't been to Westmoreland in at least a decade or two. You must still think I'm someone I'm not. I did talk with a good friend that is a Greenbrier player yesterday though and asked how the scrimmage went. He seemed to think they faired pretty well, but then again, it was a scrimmage.

How are Sycamore and the Cubbies looking? ;)

You mean C.Barkley has changed his name again?

I don't know....but something doesn't add up yet...let's see in a few weeks

Good to see you back bulldog69.

I have no idea about the Westmorland scrimmage…I wasn’t there…..I only know what I heard from a few people close to the program. Greenbrier found out what they need to improve on….that’s what scrimmages are for. I know they played a lot of kids. We should find out a little more this Friday when we scrimmage Glencliff.

There are a lot of uncertainties with Greenbrier football this year….much like last year. Even though we fans were a little skeptical after graduating 23 of the 2005 class and playing for a 3-A state title, the Bobcats won their 3rd region title and remained undefeated for the 3rd straight year. There are several skilled positions to be filled. Hopefully this team can surprise us as they did a year ago. Our schedule is tough…PJP Tate 2, Lipscomb, Marshall Co. and Cheatham Co. outside of our region. My feeling is it could go either way. We will need a break or two.

One name you will see a lot this year for the Bobcats is….Jody Dorris. Just remember I told you here first.

Good luck to your beloved Page Patriots this year. If they keep pulling from your student enrollment…you may be 2-A before you know it.