Clinton Football

coonhunter291

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Clinton lost alot of good coaching staff, after around 98' Clinton could get better, but all of the big and good players that should go to Clinton, transfer to Anderson County, because they want to play football, how do they expect Clinton to get better, without the good players?

Clinton has their best shot in several years, this year, they have some pretty good players, I know it was just a scrimmage, but Clinton looked really good in the scrimmage against Fulton and Rutledge, The Clinton Football Program will be back, you just got to give them time, Maybe ALOT of time!!!!

If Clinton just looses by 20 or 30 points to Oak Ridge It will be improving, Compared to last years BLOWOUT 74-0!!

Edited by coonhunter291

It looks like in the past 60 years that Clinton has beaten Oak Ridge 5 times. I don't expect we will be arund to see the series get even.

Ole Dad

Since 1940, Oak Ridge is 34-9 vs. Clinton.

Wins by Year vs Clinton

1940 OR-2 Clinton-4

1950 OR-1 Clinton-0

1960 Did not play

1970 OR-8 Clinton-2

1980 OR-9 Clinton-1

1990 OR-8 Clinton-2

2000 OR-6 Clinton 0

Total Points OR-1095 Clinton-383

Edited by Ole Dad

Here are the numbers for your review. Since 1949 Clinton has beaten Oak Ridge 5 times. So, my bad...it's only 57 years.

Ole Dad

Wins by Year vs Clinton

1940 OR-2 Clinton-4

1950 OR-1 Clinton-0

1960 Did not play

1970 OR-8 Clinton-2

1980 OR-9 Clinton-1

1990 OR-8 Clinton-2

2000 OR-6 Clinton 0

can u add, its gotten lopsided but its not 5

For all of you that dont know, Clinton and Oak Ridge are bigger rivals than Clinton and AC! I can see Clinton beating Both teams this year, Especially AC, even if they play a good game against Oak Ridge, it will be GOOD!! Clinton has really looked good in the scrimmages, and practices, they have a good quarterback, good runningbacks, good receivers, and an AWESOME defense, dont nobody look for a blowout by Oak Ridge or Anderson County this year!!!! :ph34r:

Clinton 21

Oak Ridge 14

Clinton 35

Anderson County 21

The DRAGONS are Back!!!!

Edited by coonhunter291

Clinton lost alot of good coaching staff, after around 98' Clinton could get better, but all of the big and good players that should go to Clinton, transfer to Anderson County, because they want to play football, how do they expect Clinton to get better, without the good players?

Clinton has their best shot in several years, this year, they have some pretty good players, I know it was just a scrimmage, but Clinton looked really good in the scrimmage against Fulton and Rutledge, The Clinton Football Program will be back, you just got to give them time, Maybe ALOT of time!!!!

If Clinton just looses by 20 or 30 points to Oak Ridge It will be improving, Compared to last years BLOWOUT 74-0!!

Which good players from Clinton have transfered to Anderson County since 98 to play football.

For all of you that dont know, Clinton and Oak Ridge are bigger rivals than Clinton and AC! I can see Clinton beating Both teams this year, Especially AC, even if they play a good game against Oak Ridge, it will be GOOD!! Clinton has really looked good in the scrimmages, and practices, they have a good quarterback, good runningbacks, good receivers, and an AWESOME defense, dont nobody look for a blowout by Oak Ridge or Anderson County this year!!!! :ph34r:

Clinton 21

Oak Ridge 14

Clinton 35

Anderson County 21

The DRAGONS are Back!!!!

You have then scoring more points against Oak Ridge and AC than they have the past 2 seasons.

The Clinton Middle Football team has one the TMSSAA Championship 5 out the 7 past years, all of the Freshmen would leave Clinton Middle School to go play for AC, Like Jonathan Sharp, Logan Disney. Cody Pack also went to Clinton in Elementary School and then he did the same thing. There are several other players that transfered from Clinton over to AC. That is just the current players!!!!

Clinton has a good offense this year, and their defense can stop anyone, even Zeke Rodgers, That is why I have them scoring so many points!!

Edited by coonhunter291

I doubt that there is any chance Clinton can give Oak Ridge a game this year. To be able to turn around a 74-0 loss to OR and a 1-9 season last year in order to beat OR this year, fat chance. That would mean they are capable of a 9-1 or 8-2 season, and I just don't see that happening. Clinton doesn't have the horses to do it. Oak Ridge is too well rounded; of course, that's what you get playing a school that big. You have to be crazy to think Clinton is a playoff calibre team this year, cause that's what they'd have to be in order to beat Oak Ridge. Unless they make major improvements in every single offensive and defensive personnel department versus last year, they will finish dead last again in 3-4A.

Edited by osunut2

Clinton has improved, MUCH, their offense is So Much better, their Defense is OUTSTANDING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Everything is different this year, the only coach we have this year that Clinton has this that they had last year is pretty much just Coach shattuck, our defensive coach came from Maryville!!!!!!!!!

I do think that Clinton will make it to the playoffs, atleast the first round. They are looking Really good in the scrimmages, Tall Receivers, Good quarterback, Big Line, Good Runningbacks, this season will be MUCH better than last year.

Edited by coonhunter291

Oak Ridge is going to rebuild a little this year. I know I know, we have Connor back and a slew of receivers, but up front its Lane and Stuart, both good players, but we are green everywhere else. Someone told me that we were starting a soph. at right tackle? I guess there is a lack of seniors or a movement to the youth at OR. We have two brand new coordinators, Scotsdale and Miner, and who knows what they are going to do. I am going to watch practice this afternoon and I will be able to tell you a little bit more. I think the game with Clinton will be a war, because a dog can only take enough beatings before it bites back.

Oak Ridge 42

Clinton 28

Too close for many Ridgers.