Clinton Football

coonhunter291

Clinton has improved, MUCH, their offense is So Much better, their Defense is OUTSTANDING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Everything is different this year, the only coach we have this year that Clinton has this that they had last year is pretty much just Coach shattuck, our defensive coach came from Maryville!!!!!!!!!

I do think that Clinton will make it to the playoffs, atleast the first round. They are looking Really good in the scrimmages, Tall Receivers, Good quarterback, Big Line, Good Runningbacks, this season will be MUCH better than last year.

Your defensive coordinator Ritchie Marsh came from Maryville College. He coached defensive line at MC in 2005. The 2 previous years he coached at William Blount. He coached at Jeff County for a few years and coached at Alcoa a few years. He coached under Scott Meadows. He was a very good player at Alcoa. Give him some time and he will put together a good defense.

Your offensive coordinator Jason Phillips coached at Anderson County last year. He coached at William Blount the 2 previous years. Jason played quarterback at Maryville under George Quarles. He wants to install the Maryville system at Clinton. Jason learned a lot from George Quarles.

Clinton has very good middle school teams. For Clinton to take it to another level in high school those kids need to stay together. They need to be willing to pay the price. They need to be willing to work hard. Clinton has plenty of athletes to compete with the best teams in region 3 4A. If those kids stay together and don't quit.

Maryville doesn't win championships by accident. Those kids bust their tails. They are working out during the summer at 5:30 in the morning on mondays,tuesdays,thursdays and fridays. They also go out 3 times a week to throw. At least 50 kids will show up for the passing drills. Those kids hardly ever miss a workout. In matter of fact. I know a few of the players parents. They all take their vacation during the dead period so their son doesn't miss a workout.

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Here are the numbers for your review. Since 1949 Clinton has beaten Oak Ridge 5 times. So, my bad...it's only 57 years.

Ole Dad

Wins by Year vs Clinton

1940 OR-2 Clinton-4

1950 OR-1 Clinton-0

1960 Did not play

1970 OR-8 Clinton-2

1980 OR-9 Clinton-1

1990 OR-8 Clinton-2

2000 OR-6 Clinton 0

that equals 11 right i bet the first guy that went out of his way to post that was closer than you are but im not sayin the win loss is not lopsided but it used to be a better game

Edited by tnvols89

You must have gone to Clinton High School. Read the numbers. 9 Total wins for Clinton and 4 of them in the 1940's. Since 1949 Clinton has won 5 games. How hard is that for you to understand?

Ole Dad

that equals 11 right i bet the first guy that went out of his way to post that was closer than you are but im not sayin the win loss is not lopsided but it used to be a better game