MBA at Trinity

FlyBy

Once again, I am looking forward to seeing the Big Red take on Trinity. This has turned into an excellent series with two solid programs. If I remember correctly, they have a message board very similar to this one; does anyone have that link? I'd like to read up on them heading into next week's game.

Best of luck, Red.

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

RRR beat me to it. I think they charge now just to read the posts. If you don't want to pay for that site, I would expect some Trinity folks to be posting here this week so hopefully we can get a little insight on the 'Rocks this year.

MBA beat Dunbar tonight 24-7. Good to get the win, but I'll be interested to hear details from people who were there.

Edited by TheBigRedDog

I think they charge now just to read the posts. If you don't want to pay for that site, I would expect some Trinity folks to be posting here this week so hopefully we can get a little insight on the 'Rocks this year.

MBA beat Dunbar tonight 24-7. Good to get the win, but I'll be interested to hear details from people who were there.

I think they have intermittent blackouts (somedays you can read, others you can't). You do have to pay to post there. I can summarize as needed (I subscribe - yes, I'm a junkie). I do know that Trinity "lost" a scrimmage to Scott Co. last week and "won" one tonight versus Lexington Catholic.

I think they have intermittent blackouts (somedays you can read, others you can't). You do have to pay to post there. I can summarize as needed (I subscribe - yes, I'm a junkie). I do know that Trinity "lost" a scrimmage to Scott Co. last week and "won" one tonight versus Lexington Catholic.

Any idea on the calliber of those two teams?

Any idea on the calliber of those two teams?

I'm not sure, to tell you the truth.

Interesting remarks on BluegrassPreps today - seems some of the Trinity fans think that MBA monkeyed with the lights at MBA last year during Trinity's drive to try to win the game. Good grief, talk about paranoid. Yeah, I'm sure MBA made one of the light stands go out on purpose; nothing like having your own defenders not being able to see when the offense knows where it intends on putting the ball in play. <_<

I'm not sure, to tell you the truth.

Interesting remarks on BluegrassPreps today - seems some of the Trinity fans think that MBA monkeyed with the lights at MBA last year during Trinity's drive to try to win the game. Good grief, talk about paranoid. Yeah, I'm sure MBA made one of the light stands go out on purpose; nothing like having your own defenders not being able to see when the offense knows where it intends on putting the ball in play. :lol:

Now that's a new one.

See...I think that the KY fans weren't too upset about all those losses in football to TN teams, but when BA went up there last year and whipped up on two of their best hoops teams...that was the final straw!! Now we're messin' with their religion!! <_<

All kidding aside, it's good to see the Tennessee teams do so well overall so far against the out-of-state competition. If MBA can beat Trinity, and BA can beat Meridian, we'll definitely have some bragging rights around the South!

Thanks RX3!

It is very interesting to see opinions of folks from other areas, and it is good to see that everyone has a lot of pride in their own programs.

I particularly got a chuckle out of the comments on Brentwood Academy. I can't believe that anyone from anywhere in the Southeast would question whether or not a program like Brentwood Academy could compete in any division from any state around here.

Give me either the Brentwood Academy or MBA teams over the past 10-15 years and pick a state, and I can promise you we would "belong" in any division we choose. We may not have won all of the titles, but we would have won our share.

Good luck Big Red, and thanks again for the link.

Yep

I expect a good game. Trinity played a scrimmage last week. They are replacing most of the skill positions, except quarterback. In past seasons it has taken a while for the quarterback and new receivers to get on the same page. In Trinity's first scrimmage, that was the case. We'll see this week. I hope that this series will continue after this season. I enjoyed the hospitality at MBA and hope we can return the favor.