MBA at Trinity

FlyBy

After reading bluegrass preps, MBA should be proud of the way the fans in Kentucky think of you. After last night you are 3-1 against Trinity, and they continue to say how MBA plays hard and with class. And how the MBA fans are liked and how classy they are. I know if MBA played any school in Tennessee as highly reguarded as Trinity is in KY, outside of DIV II (you can add your own schools here) and went 3-1 against them some words I would guess you would not here is class, great program, etc. And most amazing of all is they hope to keep playing you in the future! This weekend is a classic example, in other games teams were lucky, recruiting etc. To be honest I am suprised that the Trinty fans would so nice in defeat, but they also said that the previous two losses to MBA were years that they went on to win the state. MBA players, coaches and fans should not only be proud of your win but also how you conduct yourself in the process. You represent Nashville well even though you continue to beat teams out of state, and they still like you. You don't see that very often.

Thanks for the nice words. It reminds me, didn't we have a poster on here sometime last year from Ensworth describing how "a mean spirit prevails at MBA" and the fans were horrible and mean at a basketball game, and faculty reps were constantly having to reprimand the crowd for the way it was behaving? Sure doesn't seem like Trinity fans feel that way. Looks like they are really reaching for recruiting material.

Good to hear that there is a mutual respect between fans of legit programs--like MBA, Trinity, BA, etc.

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Tough luck for David. That guy is a warrior, and took some huge hits over the years and kept bouncing up. 19-6 as a starter with teams that probably weren't as talented as the ten or so teams leading up to 2004; he did a heckuva job in my book.

As the Trinity game discussion is probably close to wrapping up, I should probably amend an earlier post in this thread where I contended some of the Trinity fans felt that MBA may have messed with the lights in last year's game at MBA (when a bank of lights went out on one side of Trinity's end zone). Upon further review of some old posts on their message boards, their displeasue was more with the situation (even though the officials only could have suspended or canceled the game; switching directions was not an option), but there were no accusations of foul play. Just wanted to set the record straight.

Thanks for the nice words. It reminds me, didn't we have a poster on here sometime last year from Ensworth describing how "a mean spirit prevails at MBA" and the fans were horrible and mean at a basketball game, and faculty reps were constantly having to reprimand the crowd for the way it was behaving? Sure doesn't seem like Trinity fans feel that way. Looks like they are really reaching for recruiting material.

Good to hear that there is a mutual respect between fans of legit programs--like MBA, Trinity, BA, etc.

I recall seeing that post on the Tennessean's old discussion board. I was actually a bit disturbed about it. But after reading the posts here and on the Bluegrass Preps board, I think it's more likely that the offended party heard the undercurrent of remarks, as opposed to organized or particularly loud, mean-spirited comments. As any alum of any all male school can attest, the ability to come up with witty and sarcastic remarks is a high (though not particularly charming or approved) art form in schools like that.

Sorry to get on here so late to offer congratulations to MBA. I am very sorry to hear of the extent of the injuries to the quarterback. Best of luck on his recovery. I really hope this series continues. For one, I want the chance to get even in the series. More importantly, you just don't learn anything about your team in a blowout win. The game Saturday night will give Trinity a lot of things to work on and improve. We couldn't have been treated better than we were three years ago in Nashville (I couldn't make it last year). You brought a great crowd to Marshall Stadium and brought out a good Trinity crowd. This year we play seven district games and only three out of district games. With the new six class set up in Kentucky we will only have three district games, so we should be able to figure out the schedule. One question, Any chance to add a freshman or JV game on the afternoon of the varsity game? One of the problems with the regional games is not getting a game for the JV and freshman teams. I look forward to seeing you next year and good luck the rest of the season.