MBA at Trinity

FlyBy

Being a recent graduate of the MBA football tradition, you can expect a prepared and sturdy MBA defense and a loaded MBA offense. The film watching and concise practices that the boys are participating in this week should be enough to get past the shamrocks.

Petrino was a quick scrambler with a strong arm, but the defense looked a little over aggressive and not very fundamental. Look for MBA to fill in the shamrock mistakes with big plays and hard hits. Good luck to both teams. Roll Red

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Being a recent graduate of the MBA football tradition, you can expect a prepared and sturdy MBA defense and a loaded MBA offense. The film watching and concise practices that the boys are participating in this week should be enough to get past the shamrocks.

Petrino was a quick scrambler with a strong arm, but the defense looked a little over aggressive and not very fundamental. Look for MBA to fill in the shamrock mistakes with big plays and hard hits. Good luck to both teams. Roll Red

What year is Petrino?

Trinity's offense took some time to come together, but they seemed to find their groove in last week's scrimmage. Petrino is small, but has great mobility and a strong arm. He's a Mr. Football candidate and currently holds a scholarship offer from Jacksonville St. He's a very, very good high school QB, but his height is preventing the big college programs from recruiting him. The o-line was supposed to be the stregth of the team with three starters back including one 1st team all-stater returning, but the line has struggled. I think MBA's complex blitz packages will keep Petrino on the run most of the night. However, that might be a good thing because Trinity has a lot of speed on offense, and seems to have an easier time operating in space than between the tackles.

Trinity's defense is the strength of the team. This might be the best and nastiest Rock defense in 15 years. The linebackers in their 4-4 scheme are really good. Watch for sophomore standout Jordan Whiting. He's 6'2, 220 with 4.6 speed. He'll be a big time recruit. But right now he's the 3rd best LB on the team. Scary.

Trinity's kicking game is solid. PK/Punter Ryan Tydlacka will make your jaws drop with his punting. Great distance, great hangtime. However, we're hoping you never see his punting except in warmups.

Looking forward to the MBA faithful coming up. You're fine people, and it will be a fine game.

Edited by RockMan36

Trinity's offense took some time to come together, but they seemed to find their groove in last week's scrimmage. Petrino is small, but has great mobility and a strong arm. He's a Mr. Football candidate and currently holds a scholarship offer from Jacksonville St. He's a very, very good high school QB, but his height is preventing the big college programs from recruiting him. The o-line was supposed to be the stregth of the team with three starters back including one 1st team all-stater returning, but the line has struggled. I think MBA's complex blitz packages will keep Petrino on the run most of the night. However, that might be a good thing because Trinity has a lot of speed on offense, and seems to have an easier time operating in space than between the tackles.

Trinity's defense is the strength of the team. This might be the best and nastiest Rock defense in 15 years. The linebackers in their 4-4 scheme are really good. Watch for sophomore standout Jordan Whiting. He's 6'2, 220 with 4.6 speed. He'll be a big time recruit. But right now he's the 3rd best LB on the team. Scary.

Trinity's kicking game is solid. PK/Punter Ryan Tydlacka will make your jaws drop with his punting. Great distance, great hangtime. However, we're hoping you never see his punting except in warmups.

Looking forward to the MBA faithful coming up. You're fine people, and it will be a fine game.

It's always nice to see a classy post like this. I had assumed sportsmanship was dead. Apparently it's only on life support, so there's still hope.

Will the game be broadcast on any internet radio stations? I'm in exile in Florida.

It's always nice to see a classy post like this. I had assumed sportsmanship was dead. Apparently it's only on life support, so there's still hope.

Will the game be broadcast on any internet radio stations? I'm in exile in Florida.

I look forward to this game and hope it will continue. The game will be broadcast on AM 900 and the internet y Trinity. You can get to the internet broadcast at

http://www.thsrock.net/index.php?p=436&amp...e0a1718eeb7d5ea

Sorry you can't come to the game, but for the rest of you, come up early and stay late.