MBA at Trinity

FlyBy

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What a game!

So little time (or energy), yet so much to say. What a comeback by MBA - reminiscent of McCallie's comeback last night, sans some questionable coaching decisions by the opponent. Trinity took advantage of MBA's weakness (rush defense - THS had 167 yards rushing, over 6 yards per carry), but MBA's strength - pass defense - held Petrino in check, laying the "oskie" on him three times and giving up 151 through the air, 65 coming on a TD pass. I believe Petrino had 3 INTs all of last year.

The true moxie came when MBA's QB (Howe) went down late in the fourth, after easily a career night of about 300 yards passing, including a 97-yard TD pass. Austin Bennett comes in at QB with not only no QB experience career-wise, but I believe no varsity experience this year (I'm pretty sure he was out all pre-season with injuries, and he was a DE last year as a sophomore). MBA just wore the Trinity D down late in the game with its rushing attack.

This loss cannot sit well in Louisville. Trinity is 75-12 since 2000, and 3 of those losses have come to MBA. Losing to MBA is objectively no shame, but keep in mind that Trinity has about 2.5 times more boys than MBA, and about 40% more than DII-AAA's largest school (CBHS). Rutledge told the Nashville City Paper last week that he'd like to continue the series with Trinity; while Trinity has never shied away from good competition, I'll be curious to see if they accept.

What a night. I'm in the doghouse with wifey for cornering myself at a dinner date to listen to the game, but boy was it worth it.

Roll Red Roll

Edited by rollredroll

This loss cannot sit well in Louisville. Trinity is 75-12 since 2000, and 3 of those losses have come to MBA. Losing to MBA is objectively no shame, but keep in mind that Trinity has about 2.5 times more boys than MBA, and about 40% more than DII-AAA's largest school (CBHS).

Roll Red Roll

[/quote

TN>KY in the top levels of high school football. Great win for MBA, our state, and DIIAAA. Nice job!!

What is Blugrasspreps saying?

Edited by itzme