Ravenwood vs. Brentwood Academy

RaptorFan10

• Replies 145
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

here's the thing that cracks me up about people like this: has there ever, in the history of Coach T, been a poster who had concrete evidence of cheating and that intended to do something about it? I have never once read, "I have hard core proof of private schools' cheating, and I'm headed to the TSSAA with it right now to turn them in." Instead, as usual, it's "I have indisputable evidence of private schools' cheating, but I choose to do nothing about it, because I don't want to cause trouble."

I guess we really should count our lucky stars that so many people with so much indisputable evidence of our cheating all have been too afraid to cause trouble to bother turning us in.

here's the thing that cracks me up about people like this: has there ever, in the history of Coach T, been a poster who had concrete evidence of cheating and that intended to do something about it? I have never once read, "I have hard core proof of private schools' cheating, and I'm headed to the TSSAA with it right now to turn them in." Instead, as usual, it's "I have indisputable evidence of private schools' cheating, but I choose to do nothing about it, because I don't want to cause trouble."

I guess we really should count our lucky stars that so many people with so much indisputable evidence of our cheating all have been too afraid to cause trouble to bother turning us in.

Let me try and explain it, so even you guys can understand it. Well, most of you anyway. The reason the people that know about this stuff don't do anything is they are told by players themselves. FYI. My sons friend. They just don't want the players hurt because it isn't their fault. If you choose to believe that it isn't done to make yourselves feel better, then YOU are the ones that are deluded. Maybe I did come off a little strong, said some things I shouldn't have, and probably should not have posted in this forum, but you guys are a joke. I am an idiot? Well, I am replying to a bunch of naive posts by guys that don't have a clue. I usually don't reply to ignorance. You guys should stop watching WWF. ( FYI, it isn't real) Sorry to bust your bubble on that too. With that, I'll leave you guys to your fantasy world.

Why is this thread still being discussed? Ravenwood has lost the last two games against Brentwood Academy and that is all anyone needs to know or be concerned with. The simple fact of the matter is that both Ravenwood and Brentwood Academy have games to play this Friday evening and they need to be focused on those games.

Edited by cbg

Let me try and explain it, so even you guys can understand it. Well, most of you anyway. The reason the people that know about this stuff don't do anything is they are told by players themselves. FYI. My sons friend. They just don't want the players hurt because it isn't their fault. If you choose to believe that it isn't done to make yourselves feel better, then YOU are the ones that are deluded. Maybe I did come off a little strong, said some things I shouldn't have, and probably should not have posted in this forum, but you guys are a joke. I am an idiot? Well, I am replying to a bunch of naive posts by guys that don't have a clue. I usually don't reply to ignorance. You guys should stop watching WWF. ( FYI, it isn't real) Sorry to bust your bubble on that too. With that, I'll leave you guys to your fantasy world.

I guess I am naive and clueless and a joke. I guess the diploma from BA and the six years I spent there as well as the 54-5 record with the 1991 AA state championship, runner-up in 1992(AA), runner-up in 1993 (4A), and semifinalist in 1994 (4A) is all fantasy and made up. Along with the inside information that no cars, money, illegal scholarships or anything of that matter ever was offered to the likes of Kurston Biggers, Tito Lee, Hunter Atkins, or any other athletes that attended there, that's all make believe, all of us other students and athletes just looked the other way. So you believe your son's friend and keep living in your fantasy world. Keep going on hearsay and other rumor like everyone else. As for BA, their administration, faculty, and staff, they continue to do an outstanding job of educating and preparing their students. Vivat Veritas.

I guess I am naive and clueless and a joke. I guess the diploma from BA and the six years I spent there as well as the 54-5 record with the 1991 AA state championship, runner-up in 1992(AA), runner-up in 1993 (4A), and semifinalist in 1994 (4A) is all fantasy and made up. Along with the inside information that no cars, money, illegal scholarships or anything of that matter ever was offered to the likes of Kurston Biggers, Tito Lee, Hunter Atkins, or any other athletes that attended there, that's all make believe, all of us other students and athletes just looked the other way. So you believe your son's friend and keep living in your fantasy world. Keep going on hearsay and other rumor like everyone else. As for BA, their administration, faculty, and staff, they continue to do an outstanding job of educating and preparing their students. Vivat Veritas.

Amen, brother. Six BA players in my graduating class signed D1 scholarships, and not a single one was recruited or received any special benefits (except a few silver balls).

In case you are to "shallow" to know and understand TSSAA rules and by your post I think you are, or you think it is ok for your team to cheat. Recruiting isn't allowed in public schools. Private schools get away with it because they are supposed to play each other. If Williamson county put together an Allstar team they would thump BA. Without your two new players, they lose to Ravenwood and you know it. These boys earned their money and I suspect they will be driving nice cars too. How much did you contribute?

I would have to disagree with you about Ravenwood winning the game if the two new players had not played. (And I am a Ravenwood/MBA supporter.) BA is very deep at every position. The starting tailback the past two years was Ford. He is now playing defense but can go in on offense and make a difference at any time. He is a different type of runner then Jordan and if he breaks a tackle, you better watch out, because he will be gone. They also have Bledsoe at QB that helped BA out last year when they were sinking fast. Someone on this thread talked about how things calmed down once he went into the game. I noticed that also, he seems pretty cool headed. I find it funny though that this same poster said that BA left Bledsoe in for one pass too many, but couldn't the same thing have been said about Caffee. Also, what is the name of the fullback that went in the game in certain situations? I don't remember him from the last couple of years. Is he a young one?

i haven't been posting as much as last year, but all i know is that the rhs student body didnt have much faith in this year's team. i know u saw all the support that they had at the game but very few didn't think they were able to pull out a victory, which they wouldve if the PAT didnt get blocked, or i should say that the chance of victory wouldve been a lot higher. I do not disagree with rector's go for 2 calls. last year was a good call against franklin and this year was a good call against ba. Ba was too talented, and most likely would of scored every time from the 10 yard line. i do disagree with some calls like the 3 squibs that were kicked and the fake punt, but when it is all sed and done this team played their hearts out. ravenwood is still young and is going to be a good team this year. i saw a comment earlier that said if BA plays like that all year they would be 3-7. that is basically a slap in the face to the school of ravenwood. even though they won the 5a state title last year they dont have faith in rhs because they lost some talented players (TC, becker, williams, the list can grow) that they think ravenwood is nothing. have u guys ever heard or coaching or hardwork. im only 17 years old and i understand these concepts. all i kno is that the people that picked rhs to make it to the 4th spot or not even make the playoffs better think again cause they have a good shot to come in 2nd or maybe even 1st in the region this year. the student body has renewed faith in their team and u should expect more from the raptors from the rest of the season

i haven't been posting as much as last year, but all i know is that the rhs student body didnt have much faith in this year's team. i know u saw all the support that they had at the game but very few didn't think they were able to pull out a victory, which they wouldve if the PAT didnt get blocked, or i should say that the chance of victory wouldve been a lot higher. I do not disagree with rector's go for 2 calls. last year was a good call against franklin and this year was a good call against ba. Ba was too talented, and most likely would of scored every time from the 10 yard line. i do disagree with some calls like the 3 squibs that were kicked and the fake punt, but when it is all sed and done this team played their hearts out. ravenwood is still young and is going to be a good team this year. i saw a comment earlier that said if BA plays like that all year they would be 3-7. that is basically a slap in the face to the school of ravenwood. even though they won the 5a state title last year they dont have faith in rhs because they lost some talented players (TC, becker, williams, the list can grow) that they think ravenwood is nothing. have u guys ever heard or coaching or hardwork. im only 17 years old and i understand these concepts. all i kno is that the people that picked rhs to make it to the 4th spot or not even make the playoffs better think again cause they have a good shot to come in 2nd or maybe even 1st in the region this year. the student body has renewed faith in their team and u should expect more from the raptors from the rest of the season

Very well said and very true in all respects. Ravenwood was fortunate enough to convert on those calls last year or they would have lost to Franklin twice. In this game, they were not able to convert and lost to a very good team. When all is said and done, if Ravenwood stays healthy, they will compete for the region title. There are a number of up and comers in this region who may surprise everyone though.

As for BA, I believe you will see them in the championship game this year. I am not from BA or a BA "supporter", just like the talent-level on both sides of the ball.

I would have to disagree with you about Ravenwood winning the game if the two new players had not played. (And I am a Ravenwood/MBA supporter.) BA is very deep at every position. The starting tailback the past two years was Ford. He is now playing defense but can go in on offense and make a difference at any time. He is a different type of runner then Jordan and if he breaks a tackle, you better watch out, because he will be gone. They also have Bledsoe at QB that helped BA out last year when they were sinking fast. Someone on this thread talked about how things calmed down once he went into the game. I noticed that also, he seems pretty cool headed. I find it funny though that this same poster said that BA left Bledsoe in for one pass too many, but couldn't the same thing have been said about Caffee. Also, what is the name of the fullback that went in the game in certain situations? I don't remember him from the last couple of years. Is he a young one?

I made the comment about leaving Bledsoe in 1 pass to many and of course you are right -- we could easily say the same about Caffee . . . it was more tounge in cheek. Bledsoe is a pretty cool customer and I do think he helped calm the O down. Caffee is very talented but he seems to be pretty excitable.

I think the fullback you are refering to is Ryan White. He is a Senior and has been a big part of the BA offense since his Freshman year. The kid is strong as an ox and fast -- just a little undersized to play at the next level. He is also a great kid.

If you need to prep for this game start off with you just got beat by Ryan, so I would skip this week and start on the next one.

Two cents...How should Ravenwood prep for Franklin this week? You seem to have an ability to forecast based on ???? I'm glad Ravenwood didn't take your advice or everyone who was there would have missed a great game that Ravenwood could've/should've won!

As you probably know, Father Ryan beat a pretty good JP2 team this past week!