Most Annoying Thing at High School Games

Solomon

Region 4AA Tournament  

43 members have voted

1. 1. Region 4AA Tournament

I'll be the one to say it. Solomon loves band and this has just been a forum to promote and support band. Solomon's goal has been achieved. Everyone has got on here and talked band all day long. He is glad they are finally getting the recognition they deserve. Thanks to all for contributing.

You obviously don't know me very well........

Actually........the only place I have ever heard of this happening is a private school, and it was a myth. The only time I was ever at a game there it was fine. If you really want to know, just PM me.

Sorry for not including the "coach in the stands" as an option. To be honest, in my experience, that has doubled with the overzealous father. I was trying to throw a few light hearted ones in there too.

This happened to us once at Greeneville/ Morristown West game at Burke-Toney Stadium and it had a large visitors side compared to most. Greeneville' s band took up a sizeable portion of the stands and left a lot of fans standing. Maybe it wouldn't hurt for the band to scale back some for road trips... especially the big rivalry games where seating is limited. After all GHS band has 177 members this year. In some stadiums, thats half the visitors side.

Fellas,

As far as a high school band playing Rocky Top. They give it a try but no one can play it like the Pride of The Southland Marching Band.

Also, It is a state song, if you don't like it move to another state! This is Big Orange Country and nobody is going to change that, period!

I thought "Tennessee Waltz " was the state song.

Edited by barb

Firstly I doubt many people relate to ....getting there corn from a jar. Secondly, Tennesse waltz is not a song it was a sting operation performed by law enforcement agencies aimed at stopping public corruption.

You are right, the Tennessee Waltz is THE state song, but I think what he meant was that Rocky Top was a state-WIDE song as we all relate to it, especially in sports. Thanks for trying though.

Edited by Solomon

I only hope you are kidding..............

Thank you! I was hoping I didn't have to post the lyrics on here. Someone is either really sarcastic or needs to brush up on their TN history. Secondly to the person who said they didn't relate to Rocky Top...you're in the minority buddy. Ask someone from another state what our state song is, and most likely they'll say Rocky Top. Case in point- name the state song of Alabama. Sweet Home Alabama is the first thing you think of...but it's not their actual state song - Alabama.

Ok wow, I just have to post this info I just found on the Tennessee Waltz, Rocky Top debate. They are actually BOTH considered our state songs along with three others. WHO KNEW?

TITLE 4. STATE GOVERNMENT

CHAPTER 1. GENERAL PROVISIONS

PART 3. STATE SYMBOLS

SECTION 302.

4-1-302. State songs. The official songs of this state shall be as follows:

(1) "My Homeland, Tennessee" by Nell Grayson Taylor and Roy Lamont Smith, as adopted by House Joint Resolution 36 in 1925;

(2) "When It's Iris Time In Tennessee" by Willa Mae Waid, as adopted by Acts 1935, chapter 154;

(3) "My Tennessee" by Francis Hannah Tranum, as adopted by Senate Joint Resolution 35 in 1955, as the official public school song in Tennessee;

(4) "The Tennessee Waltz" by Redd Stewart and Pee Wee King, as adopted by Senate Joint Resolution 9 in 1965; and

(5) "Rocky Top" by Boudleaux and Felice Bryant, as adopted by Acts 1982, chapter 545.

[Acts 1935, ch. 154, §§ 1, 2; mod. C. Supp. 1950, §§ 107.1, 107.2; T.C.A. (orig. ed.), § 4-107; Acts 1982, ch. 545, § 1.]

Edited by AEOTB