McEwen Vs. Forrest

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

just a thought but could someone tell me about all this speed forrest has this year i know the fastest times on mcewen is 4.6 or 4.7 the way yall talk they must have some 4.3 or 4.4s

I seriously doubt any schooler is running a legit 4.3 or 4.4 (now, a 4.6 or 4.7, thats alittle bit more realistic)------Tell me who runs that on Mcewen, because I havent seen that out of any of their players. Not trying to bring down Mcewen, I respect them greatly, I am just wondering who runs the forty that quick on that team. There's not many high schoolers that run that quick. There is a small portion of high schoolers that can run that....unless you are at a big-time private school, or at a 3-5a school, where almost everyone it seems is in the 4's.

Edited by Jbs_all_the_way

I seriously doubt any schooler is running a legit 4.3 or 4.4 (now, a 4.6 or 4.7, thats alittle bit more realistic)------Tell me who runs that on Mcewen, because I havent seen that out of any of their players. Not trying to bring down Mcewen, I respect them greatly, I am just wondering who runs the forty that quick on that team. There's not many high schoolers that run that quick. There is a small portion of high schoolers that can run that....unless you are at a big-time private school, or at a 3-5a school, where almost everyone it seems is in the 4's.

ethin cross and adam fuqua runs 4.7 to 4.8 ethin tummins is a little faster but i don't know his time

Edited by russel187

as far as speed goes the guys from McEwen might run slighty under a 5 (high 4.8's, probably 4.9's, and that's a good day)...not much faster....Forrest may be a faster but that not because they have people that run 4.5's it's because all their skill positions will just be plain faster....that's no problem though, just contain the outsides and don't allow for any big yards....big yards will kill any team... As far as who is better at what I'd say Forrest has the edge in size in line, and skill position speed, McEwen has hard hitting and several durable backs....plus homecoming!!!! any other night I'd say forrest in this matchup, but for some reason I really feel McEwen will pull this out... As far as practice goes throughout the week doesn't really matter, I've played on teams that have had horrible practice and came out and ran all over teams, and vice versa.... The three big keys and One main thought McEwen has to get in their heads before friday night is...

1. produce some points(offense, defense, special teams, whatever, we need more than 8 to beat Forrest)

2. keep turnovers to a minium(red zone especially)

3. don't get burnt on any big yardage plays.

Main thought.....you come out like you did against houston co. first half, get some points on the board, and play good d, you have a great shot....you come out like the last 6 quarter you played and you will flat lose, no points, no win....

P.S. I was wondering if and when Forrest changed the name of their school from Chapel Hill to Forrest, I use to always hear chapel hill, I know that's a town around there but just wondering,.....also how is jamar jinkins doing, haven't heard about him in a while, still playing b-ball, getting any pt....

McEwen 25

Forrest 19

as far as speed goes the guys from McEwen might run slighty under a 5 (high 4.8's, probably 4.9's, and that's a good day)...not much faster....Forrest may be a faster but that not because they have people that run 4.5's it's because all their skill positions will just be plain faster....that's no problem though, just contain the outsides and don't allow for any big yards....big yards will kill any team... As far as who is better at what I'd say Forrest has the edge in size in line, and skill position speed, McEwen has hard hitting and several durable backs....plus homecoming!!!! any other night I'd say forrest in this matchup, but for some reason I really feel McEwen will pull this out... As far as practice goes throughout the week doesn't really matter, I've played on teams that have had horrible practice and came out and ran all over teams, and vice versa.... The three big keys and One main thought McEwen has to get in their heads before friday night is...

1. produce some points(offense, defense, special teams, whatever, we need more than 8 to beat Forrest)

2. keep turnovers to a minium(red zone especially)

3. don't get burnt on any big yardage plays.

Main thought.....you come out like you did against houston co. first half, get some points on the board, and play good d, you have a great shot....you come out like the last 6 quarter you played and you will flat lose, no points, no win....

P.S. I was wondering if and when Forrest changed the name of their school from Chapel Hill to Forrest, I use to always hear chapel hill, I know that's a town around there but just wondering,.....also how is jamar jinkins doing, haven't heard about him in a while, still playing b-ball, getting any pt....

McEwen 25

Forrest 19

Forrest has always been Forrest, in Chapel Hill, TN. (Lived here all of my semi-long life). Lots of "old timers" say Chapel Hill instead of Forrest. Just like some say Lynchburg instead of Moore Co.

Don't see McEwen scoring much on the Rocket defense, if everybody is healthy. Look for the Rockets to mix things up a little on Friday on offense. Dominique is good but not the only weapon.

Last time I saw J.J. he was looking great. Didn't really get to talk to him much about school.

Cascade wins the region? Where did that come from?

from someone who's team just scored 40 something points on Moore County. the bandwagoners are now seeping out from the walls of Cascade's school. :thumb:

Forrest: 46

Mcewen:14

forrest wins regardless. if they didn't it would be a pleasant surprise

What a fantastic game!!! I hope to see all region games this competitive this year. Forrest showed a lot of heart going down 14-0 before halftime. The Dominique kid is a wonderful running back...nice speed and very slippery. I do think the Warriors beat themselves tonight though. The fumbled snap on the punt is the difference in this game being 14-7 McEwen and the game going into overtime. I am very curious to find out how many penalties were called against McEwen in this game. 4 in the final drive in regulation when they were able to get into Forrest territory. Forrest has a good team and props to them for not letting their heads get down. I will say though if ya stop #7 you stop Forrest. Fantastic game and I hope Forrest has a safe trip home.

To you Warriors. Keep your heads up. You have the foundation to be a very good team. There are alot of improvements to be done first though. You guys are way too predictable in your offensive scheme. Smash mouth football running the same plays over and over will only get you so far and you saw Forrest make the necessary adjustments after halftime to slow down your running game. You have a nice athlete at QB and some good receivers. Let him make some plays. You really must work on your kicking game as it is beyond atrocious. It contributed to this loss as you guys are unable to make any PAT's. Your defense is very good and reminds me of some of the teams from the past, but you guys MUST protect the corners as you allowed #7 to burn you right before half which gave Forrest life again.

Edited by Ormeinkeig