Alcoa at CAK

mmm71690

I can tell you that he's not one of the "fence gang". Cobb proved on Friday that he can throw the ball deep. I was a little bothered by the passes he had blocked.

Tornado89: The 3 championships Alcoa won in the late '70's were mainly by the run, am I not correct? I don't remember them throwing the ball just a whole lot. Alcoa has almost always had really good running backs. I just don't remember them throwing a whole lot until recent years. I remember Alcoa being a running team, not really known for being a passing team. Please let me know if my memory doesn't serve me correctly.

IMO, Rankin is taking this new team and coaching the team, not making the team fit his coaching. I thought that's what a good coach did.

I say Alcoa takes this game big: 45-7 (at least). Defense did an awesome job against Murvul on Friday...they're only going to get better.

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am going to go out on a limb here and say CAK in a stunner. You dont know how hard a mule will pull until you hook it to a heavy load. I believe that CAK has some mules this year. No disrespect intended to Alcoa, but I am a CAK fan and until proven otherwise, I believe that the warriors will be ready, relentless and determined in this game. Sure Alcoa has the big names. But names dont win games, I see CAK doing great things this year and I am behind them 100%. Now this is completely biased. I am willing to say that, but what true fan would not say there team is going to win.

Alcoa is a heck of a team and they have a great coach. CAK is going to have to play out of there mind, but I know they have that game in them. There players just have to find it and there is no time like the present.

Good luck to both teams, may noone get injured and may this just be a great night for high school football.

R2D2

I am going to go out on a limb here and say CAK in a stunner. You dont know how hard a mule will pull until you hook it to a heavy load. I believe that CAK has some mules this year. No disrespect intended to Alcoa, but I am a CAK fan and until proven otherwise, I believe that the warriors will be ready, relentless and determined in this game. Sure Alcoa has the big names. But names dont win games, I see CAK doing great things this year and I am behind them 100%. Now this is completely biased. I am willing to say that, but what true fan would not say there team is going to win.

Alcoa is a heck of a team and they have a great coach. CAK is going to have to play out of there mind, but I know they have that game in them. There players just have to find it and there is no time like the present.

Good luck to both teams, may noone get injured and may this just be a great night for high school football.

R2D2

APSU310....Enjoy seeing your enthusiasm for your team! :thumb:

I hear CAK is still "air'n" it out even with Harb gone?

I am impressed with the football program CAK has produced in such a short time.

I look forward to my first visit to the CAK campus.

I beleive Alcoa will again be too much for even 11 mules to over come. :thumb:

-BlountCountySportsFan

Edited by BCsportsfan

As far as offensive scheming goes, CAK is very good. They will put up some points. I think this will be in the 45-28ish range of a game with Alcoa winning.

Lets see. Your saying CAK can put up 28 on Alcoa's D that held Maryville "O" to only 17. Maybe if Alcoa puts in the 3rd or 4th string. The same thing was said about both times Alcoa and CAK played last year. And if I remember correctly the scores were 56-7 and 49-14. We'll just have to wait and see. I guess your also picking the Vols to win the BCS National Championship this season. I think your prediction is more CAK blood than brains.

Alcoa-49

CAK-7

What is wrong with you? Do you have some kind of "beef" with Coach Rankin? He had Alcoa within a couple of bounces of beating Maryville last night. The QB had "deer in the head lights" in the first half. Are you a part of the "fence gang" saying "we should go deep" on every play? You need to get a grasp and be thankful we have a man who is willing to move to Alcoa and make a difference in the young men's lives around Alcoa. He is going to do great things for the commuinty like no other coach has done at the school. Just my honest opinion, and I know a little about the tradition since 3 generations of my family have played for Alcoa, including 2 State Championships and 2 captains!

Actually no, I dont have a beef with the coach. It comes down to how much clock you have to work with, how many plays it takes to go 80 yards and the fact that I dont see this coach running up the score. He does not seem to be a guy that would put 40-50 points over the opponents score. I think he is a bigger man than that and does not have anything to prove.

Ok back to the lesson... Football math 101... run the ball 80 yards in 4-5 yard increments takes about 7 to 7.5 minutes of the clock. right there you have nearly 30 minutes of a 48 minute football game. so that means the other team will have it 18 minutes. I said they will probally make one TD so that number sounds fair as well 30 + 18 is your 48 minutes. That is all of the clock we get...

As for going deep every time. Does not work. If you go a little of every where as well as a balanced inside and out running game (look at Maryville last week) and you will win all the games that your defense will keep you in. After watching the defense last week and thru the summer in practises I dont see us having a real issue with any team defensively unless they are able to pin point pass us in the gap between our linebackers and our deep guys. Even if they did I dont see anyone getting more than 2-3 touch downs that way.

I am a life long of student of football having played thru college, coached, and even wore the zebra stripes a few times. I am open to any comments you are willing to put forth on the facts I have put forward to dispute them.

One last comment, maybe living here and having such a close ties to the Alcoa program where it seems coaches have come and gone a lot makes you a little defensive.

Night Night CAK, are we starting the trash talking. I would put CAK's LB's pound for pound against any linebacking core in the state. Heart, Determination, Skill, and a little bit Nasty.....Gotta love it, it is what football is all about. Knock him on his butt then help him up....But yeah, Joseph is capable of 20 tackles just like Jeremy Miller, Wes Stooksbury, Ryan Giest....CAK is not a one horse defense. But we can talk about it all we want Friday night is put up or shut up night, and the thing is the people on here talking about will have nothing to do with the outcome for the most part.

ONE HEARTBEAT!

Actually no, I dont have a beef with the coach. It comes down to how much clock you have to work with, how many plays it takes to go 80 yards and the fact that I dont see this coach running up the score. He does not seem to be a guy that would put 40-50 points over the opponents score. I think he is a bigger man than that and does not have anything to prove.

Ok back to the lesson... Football math 101... run the ball 80 yards in 4-5 yard increments takes about 7 to 7.5 minutes of the clock. right there you have nearly 30 minutes of a 48 minute football game. so that means the other team will have it 18 minutes. I said they will probally make one TD so that number sounds fair as well 30 + 18 is your 48 minutes. That is all of the clock we get...

As for going deep every time. Does not work. If you go a little of every where as well as a balanced inside and out running game (look at Maryville last week) and you will win all the games that your defense will keep you in. After watching the defense last week and thru the summer in practises I dont see us having a real issue with any team defensively unless they are able to pin point pass us in the gap between our linebackers and our deep guys. Even if they did I dont see anyone getting more than 2-3 touch downs that way.

I am a life long of student of football having played thru college, coached, and even wore the zebra stripes a few times. I am open to any comments you are willing to put forth on the facts I have put forward to dispute them.

One last comment, maybe living here and having such a close ties to the Alcoa program where it seems coaches have come and gone a lot makes you a little defensive.

:ph34r: No offense taken. I don't live in Alcoa, but I was at the game. I don't have a problem with your views though. I am concerned about second guessing Coach Rankin this early, especially against Maryville. The most important thing to me is that the program becomes an envy of others in regards to developing young men and instilling discipline. If you have been around the program then you know what I mean. But I do respect your views......thanks