Alcoa at CAK

mmm71690

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This one will not be a blowout for sure. It will be a one touchdown game maybe 10 pts(i doubt alcoa has a kicker). go warriors!

O and, RebelRon, Alcoa is not better than they were last year. Are you kidding? Look at the athletes they've lost. Sure they have Shiverdecker, Cobb, and Lanxter, but Lanxter has been known to show up for some games and not for others. Cobb is decent and Shiverdecker is pretty good.

Edited by Heelsfan247

This one will not be a blowout for sure. It will be a one touchdown game maybe 10 pts(i doubt alcoa has a kicker). go warriors!

O and, RebelRon, Alcoa is not better than they were last year. Are you kidding? Look at the athletes they've lost. Sure they have Shiverdecker, Cobb, and Lanxter, but Lanxter has been known to show up for some games and not for others. Cobb is decent and Shiverdecker is pretty good.

Alcoa has the same kicker as last year... and he has a big foot

49-0 Alcoa. CAK's kids are no where near believing they can beat Alcoa, especially after they watch the game film from last week's Maryville game. I'm with Ron; Alcoa is better than last year. They may not have the athletes but they still have a great group of lineman, especially for 2a football. CAK had better be physical, because you can already see that Coach Rankin will stomp you in the ground if you are not up to the task. JMHO.....otherwise I totally appreciate the mission of CAK. My kids attend Providence Academy in Johnson City, so I know.

The King wants to start out by giving Alcoa their props. I bet that game with Maryville was one of the best games that most people has ever seen. I didnt get to see it but I would have gave anything to been able too. Alcoa only lost by 3 to Maryville so I dont think its even a question about this game. No disrespect to CAK but Alcoa will win big & they probaly want lose another game this season.

Here is why Alcoa is a better team this year. Gary Rankin has Alcoa playing with more discipline. Rankin is a big step up from Reid. This isn't a slap at Reid. Rankin is a great coach. Alcoa came out more business like the other night. In the past Alcoa would do that chant in the warmups. They don't do it no more.

Alcoa is a very experienced football team. Rae Sykes,Bart Hicks,Jacob Lequire and Josiah Standridge are 4 year starters. Alex Green,Kyrus Lankster,Bobby Keller and Brian Sommer are starting for their 3rd year. Justin Dunkin,Cody Marsh,James Stultz are starting for the 2nd year. This senior class is a huge reason Alcoa has been so good. Everybody has overlooked this great class because of last years class.

Alcoa is very talented. Brian Sommer,Rae Sykes,Chris Shiverdecker and Kyrus Lankster are D1 prospects. Bart Hicks is very underated. Hicks is bad to the bone. When he hits you. You go down.

Dustin Lindsey was a great player. But! Chris Shiverdecker is great also. No dropoff at that position.

Joey Figler was a good quarterback. But! Randall Cobb will be even better.

Brandon Warren is very hard to replace. But! Alcoa won state without him playing the last 2 games.

The main reason Alcoa is better this year is they are more physical. Last year Maryville killed Alcoa on the LOS. Those Alcoa kids have been hitting the iron big time.Alcoa held their own vs Maryville in the physical department. Another reason Alcoa is better is because they are mentally tougher. Last year Maryville hit Alcoa in the mouth and they layed down. This year they took the fight to Maryville for 48 minutes.

George Quarles said this was the best Alcoa team he coached against.Those Maryville players said the same thing.

Fulton and McCallie are the only teams that have a chance to beat Alcoa. Unless there is a 2A team I don't know about. Alcoa will win 2A.

My thoughts on the Maryville/Alcoa game? I was worried to death about Alcoa. Alcoa and Maryville are 2 of the best teams in the State. Even if Maryville had Tank Baker and those other boys that were suspended. Maryville would have still had a hard time beating Alcoa. Alcoa is that good.

Here is something else to wow people. This stat is amazing. Since 2004 when Alcoa won state. They have had only lost 12 starters. 12 players in 2 seasons!

After 2004 they lost 3 starters. Richeon Bell and Dante Lewis graduated. Dominique Brown transfered to William Blount.

In 2005 they lost 9 starters. Brandon Warren,Dustin Lindsey,Joey Figler,Logan Love ,Jamar Walker,Martin White,Drew Millerand Mark Avery graduated. Colton Reid transfered to East Paulding high school.

In that same time frame Maryville has lost 26 starters.

Edited by REBELRON