Lincoln Co. @ Warren Co.

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Because that is all that people from WC have to say if they lose it is all the coaches fault and that we need to run them out of town. People don't realize the lack of talent that is on all the teams, so they blame it on the coach.

Coach Madewell has done a good job. What folks forget is that the talent runs in cycles at all schools.

Coach Madewell has done a good job. What folks forget is that the talent runs in cycles at all schools.

Your right and he has done a good job of getting the kids out to play. That has been the hardest thing to do for the Pioneers. The junior class has alot of athletic ability but lack of size.

I was surprised...is Lincoln Co. weaker than thought or did Warren Co. defense play better? One thing for sure, WC's offense isn't gonna make it this year like it is, may not be many points on the board for them unless the defense can score them. Who calls that kind of junk for offense anyway..be ashamed to call them coach. Can't be any skill to do the same thing over and over..think about it- were all passes to the right and all hand offs to the left? Didn't see any strategy going on. WC doesn't have the size to beat it in either. Time for somebody to grab the reins and fix that mess called offense--the team deserves better. Keep your heads up guys--maybe somebody will fix it and salvage your season.

I think that W.C. 's defense is a little better than everyone thought, but having so many kids go both ways definetly showed in the second half as several W.C. players showed signs of getting tired.

L.C. had one td. called on a holding penality and another long run by Ramsey down to the W.C. 10 yard line was also called back because of another holding penality and the fact that when the game ended L.C. had the ball on the W.C. 2 yard line and we just took a knee, no need to score another td. and look like we were rubbing it in, so if you look at that it could have been much worse than it was score wise, but 2-0 is a win just like 40-0 so it really doesn't matter about that. I'm sure that several other coaches would have been trying to score that last td. there at the end just to make themselves look better but it was definelty a class move by coach Thompson just to take a knee and not try to rub it in. L.C. substituted its second offense into the game about midway through the 4th qt. and they moved the ball pretty well right down to the end when they took a knee.

One thing about Warren Co., the entire time we were there from about 6 o'clock, until an hour after the game, we were treated with total class by all the people there that were responsible for the press box, everyone from the A.D. to the W.C. radio crew to the other people working in and around the press box were very helpful and courteous, a first class group all the way.

Good luck to the Pioneers the rest of the way, if your defense keeps up the intensity that it had last night, and the offense picks it up a little, you will be going back to the playoffs another year.

It was 3 to nothin at halftime

If Warren Co. could get some offense we would have a good season

O Ramsey only played the first half

But he had 14 carries 65 yards

They said he did something to his jaw

Ramsey wound up with 87 yards rushing and didn't come out in the second half, because of an injury. He will be ok though, with what appears to be just a deep bruise to the jaw.

I think this could be a much more interesting year in region 3-5a with Warren County and Coffee County showing they can compete with the top dogs, Lincoln and Cookeville

COach madewell has his good moments I should know I play on the team, but when I asked him personally why i never even get in a game and being a senior he practically said i stink even tho I'm only a 2nd yr player. A coach shouldn't just say you stink that why you dont play. I quote him" Your not starting so thats why you dont get 2 play" This is my last year and I have not even been givin a chance to show wat im capable of doin in the game. Alot of the players on the team agree with me his coaching methods can b good and bad, players who start and players who dont. Yeah he got us to the playoffs last yr. using almost nothing but seniors 90% of the season. Leaving alot of the seniors this yr w/o alot of experience and playing time from our junior year.

After watching the game last night It was obvious to me that something isn't working. We went from having a Quarterback that practically carried us to the Playoffs to having a Quarterback that's inexperienced.Heisman Blaze isn't the only senior with potential that's not given a chance, I know a few others that deserve a shot.

Because that is all that people from WC have to say if they lose it is all the coaches fault and that we need to run them out of town. People don't realize the lack of talent that is on all the teams, so they blame it on the coach.

I dont blame losing on the coach, I know our team itself needs to step it up. I blame the coach for not putting in more capable players, who could have helped the line, the backfield even quarterback.