Fayette Ware at McNairy Central

BlueNation07

I looked in the CoachT and the TSSAA databases to get a feel for Adamsville and McNairy Central since I am a City of Memphis guy and I don't know anything about those teams. I found out that Adamsville is a 2A team that won 1 game last year. McNairy barely beat them last year as well, 6-0. You can trace the schedules on CoachT back to the 2001 season ... and the Adamsville/McNairy

You should have saved all that time looking up the records of Adamsville and McNairy. They are huge rivals. Each others biggest rivals actually, and like most rivalry games you can throw the records out he wndow.

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You should have saved all that time looking up the records of Adamsville and McNairy. They are huge rivals. Each others biggest rivals actually, and like most rivalry games you can throw the records out he wndow.

Montague1:

I kinda figured that when I saw the series going back to 2001. Doesn't change a thing about the outcome though ... the past 5 years has belonged to McNairy. It probably goes back longer then that, as far as, who has been winning the series. But it sereved it's purpose for me ... since that is all off the data I had available to me.

Just so you guys that aren't from McNairy County know, Adamsville hasn't beaten McNairy since 1984. The coach of Adamsville at the time was Tommy Browder who is now at McNairy.

As for coach Thompson getting players noticed, he does help the kids in a way but i could coach Melrose and could get kids noticed.

Fayette-Ware has always had talent, i played against them and i have been saying ever since that outside of the 2000 South Side team with Jabari Greer and Ridgeway of 2000 who featured Roosevelt Cathy, Ruben Mays, Radale Pearson "2000 Mr. Football" and 2001 Ridgeway with Willie Henderson, Will Hudgens, they were the most TALENTED team i ever played against. I'm glad for them they finally have a coach that can capatalize on such talent.

Just so you guys that aren't from McNairy County know, Adamsville hasn't beaten McNairy since 1984. The coach of Adamsville at the time was Tommy Browder who is now at McNairy.

As for coach Thompson getting players noticed, he does help the kids in a way but i could coach Melrose and could get kids noticed.

Fayette-Ware has always had talent, i played against them and i have been saying ever since that outside of the 2000 South Side team with Jabari Greer and Ridgeway of 2000 who featured Roosevelt Cathy, Ruben Mays, Radale Pearson "2000 Mr. Football" and 2001 Ridgeway with Willie Henderson, Will Hudgens, they were the most TALENTED team i ever played against. I'm glad for them they finally have a coach that can capatalize on such talent.

eridbro1:

This statement alone ...

"i could coach Melrose and could get kids noticed."

speaks volumes to me. I'm not a Melrose alum, but I've been around the program long enough to know that there is a reason for the high turnover at the head coach position at Melrose. You know, you can trivialize coach Thompson's ability to coach players to the next level if you choose ... but time will tell. If coach Thompson stays at FW ... Wade Bonner is just the TIP of the iceburg.

eridbro1:

This statement alone ...

"i could coach Melrose and could get kids noticed."

speaks volumes to me. I'm not a Melrose alum, but I've been around the program long enough to know that there is a reason for the high turnover at the head coach position at Melrose. You know, you can trivialize coach Thompson's ability to coach players to the next level if you choose ... but time will tell. If coach Thompson stays at FW ... Wade Bonner is just the TIP of the iceburg.

I hope he does well because there is some talent that diserves a chance to go to the next level. I didn't literally mean "i could coach Melrose and could get kids noticed," i was just refering to the fact that Melrose is one of those schools who will continue to have DI caliber talent. I have much respect for coach Thompson and the entire FW program. I am looking forward to seeing Bonner becuase if he is a top twenty player in the state, it will be a treat to see him on the field.

i know that mcnairy central will win cause they have really been working hard on on defense and i know they will stop fayette-ware's offense to only 1 or 2 touchdowns. they are gonna have a really good running back that will get at least 5 yards a carry. blake browder will pass for more than 200 yards with them blitzing like they do. i am gonna predict the score 31-14 mcnairy

Just before we get this too deep,are you a McNairy fan,a fan of a team in this region,a fan of a future or past opponent of FW,or you just heard this?

A teacher from Fayyete Ware school was asked to find out about this rumor and he said he would find out if it was true...It was on 97.7...The next day the teacher came back on the radio and said he found out the answer and it was true..He said he asked the middle school football coach if it was true and the middle school coach said it was true..His reply was ..See that kid sitting there..That's him..Referring to a kid that was sitting close by..The teacher also said he knew the kids name but wouldn't name him on the radio..Seems like it is true

A teacher from Fayyete Ware school was asked to find out about this rumor and he said he would find out if it was true...It was on 97.7...The next day the teacher came back on the radio and said he found out the answer and it was true..He said he asked the middle school football coach if it was true and the middle school coach said it was true..His reply was ..See that kid sitting there..That's him..Referring to a kid that was sitting close by..The teacher also said he knew the kids name but wouldn't name him on the radio..Seems like it is true

It's not against the rules to play an 8th grader, is it?

The problem likely is the 8th grader was in a different building than the other high school students. I think you can play in the 8th grade for the varsity, but you have to be in the same building as the high school. How many junior highs are still in the same facility as the high school?

there are none in the same building i think the fayette ware high school doesnt start til 10th grade i think