Who's the best TEAM in the state?

Commander Salamander

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

my first post in the golf forum...

im hearing nothing but good things about riverdale this year, from the newspapers to the players, everyone seems confident in them. i also had heard on the radio that they were ranked preseason top 5, they have had some wonderful scores this year and i know they already broke the record for lowest team total in school history like the first week of school. i'm VERY excited for them, anytime riverdale can field a championship caliber team in any sport i am, especially when we get diverse and its not just football for a change. i would love to see my friends get some rings this year :thumb:

I feel that the boys out of Jefferson County aren't getting the recognition they deserve. These boys are really playing some great golf right now. They have 5 experienced seniors at their discretion. Alex Coughlin is the only one left from the state championship team two years ago; however, Jeremy Cason, Zack Cole, Kyle Capps, and Lance Suder all saw varsity action all year last year and played well before falling to Greenville in Regionals but these boys are back and have their eyes set on state. Jordan Jennings and Logan Hance come in as freshman and they are really making the seniors work... So far Jeff. Co hasn't shot anything above 4 over in a match... their depth is what makes them so great this year. So I think the state should be looking over their shoulders for these boys out of Jefferson County.

Go Patriots.

I would say a team that recruits the best athletes to come to their school on scholarship would normally be pretty good. What are they shooting as a team?

In the Davidson Academy Invitational at Old Hickory CC, I believe they shot around 290.

There was a big deal about someone on their team cheating, though. The guy they brought in from Germany. Brentwood Academy came in second in that with Goodpasture shooting a 302 or 304 with Joe David shooting a 73. A guy from Baylor won, he shot 69.

Also, a girl from Baylor won in a scorecard playoff with another player from Baylor and Ashley Lance from FRA.

Discuss...

The Bruins from University School of Jackson are very stout this year returning all top 5 members and 3 very good alternates. The bruins fell short in region last year but they were young, these kids have been playing togeather for 6 years starting in middle school. This is a veteran team that knows how to win tournaments and should win A-AA state this year if they get passed Chatanooga Christian, another young but experianced team.

What about schools that don't recruit, for example Riverdale, Clarksville, and other public high schools. It speaks volumes about the players and coaches of these schools, since they can't recruit, and have to accept what comes their way through zoning lines. Thankfully, the TSSAA got wise and removed the "privates" from the divisions with the "publics," although I do believe that Riverdale, Clarksville, or Cookeville could play with any of these private schools.

Edited by underpar68

What about schools that don't recruit, for example Riverdale, Clarksville, and other public high schools. It speaks volumes about the players and coaches of these schools, since they can't recruit, and have to accept what comes their way through zoning lines. Thankfully, the TSSAA got wise and removed the "privates" from the divisions with the "publics," although I do believe that Riverdale and Clarksville could play with any of these private schools.

That is what I have been saying about Jefferson County. Know of the kids were recruited to come play at Jefferson. All these kids have grownn up in Jefferson County and are now playing really good golf for their school. I also think that jefferson could stand its own against these private schools. They have beaten Webb Academy quite a few times from what I can remember.

I feel that the boys out of Jefferson County aren't getting the recognition they deserve. These boys are really playing some great golf right now. They have 5 experienced seniors at their discretion. Alex Coughlin is the only one left from the state championship team two years ago; however, Jeremy Cason, Zack Cole, Kyle Capps, and Lance Suder all saw varsity action all year last year and played well before falling to Greenville in Regionals but these boys are back and have their eyes set on state. Jordan Jennings and Logan Hance come in as freshman and they are really making the seniors work... So far Jeff. Co hasn't shot anything above 4 over in a match... their depth is what makes them so great this year. So I think the state should be looking over their shoulders for these boys out of Jefferson County.

Go Patriots.

This team couldn't touch the team two years ago, I played against them and saw it first hand. Who are these kids? I've never heard of them with the exception of Coughlin. Two years ago everyone knew about Jeff Co with Hodge and Malnati, and the three sophomores werent bad at all either. This team may be competitive, but it doesnt have anywhere near the talent Jeff Co. has had in past years.

the cookeville cavaliers are a pretty goood team this year all the boys are from cookeville and are shotting 300 or under in all tournaments this year and have beaten riverdale in their first tournament but riverdale beat them in cookevilles tournament but they are both in the same region so we could see some good ol action at regions with these two teams and if it wasnt for jason carrying riverdale high school on his shoulders and shooting seven under par each time they wouldnt be any good i guess what i am saying is add millard to the cavs and nobody could touch them they would shoot under pat with him on their team