(1-1) Jellico @ (0-1) Hampton

All that I'm saying is...I would NOT want to be Jellico!

Hampton I'm Sure got a wake up call.

*STEP up or GIVE up, thats the only two options for Hampton.

*to the coaches of Hampton: Realize that you can PASS the ball in the game of football.

THe sad thing is that Hampton has probally that best wide-outs and tight-ends combo in east, tn............BUT they won't throw

So what happen when they play a team of Johnson County's caliber agian, and the shut down the long runs and your all-star runner gets sluaterd and pounded every single play.

then what are you gonna do? that is the question do you do what you did last year agianst TC ...

1st down run = NO gain, 2nd down run = hit in the back feild, 3rd down run = No gain...... oh no it 4th down well running did not work the first time... but you know what it might work this time so RUN it agian...

and the quick kick?????

these are just some weird things that come out of a coaching staffs that I think is one of the best in tn.

Calm down!

Edited by ifyoucantrunwiththebulldogs

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Actually what is unacceptable is the coaches taking it way too far.There is a fine line between being a tough coach and beating those boys down!These are high school boys playing for FUN! They do not deserve to be talked to like that.I would be mad if some of those things were said to my dogs! I agree that they need to be tough but football is a team effort win or lose.One player cannot win or lose a game.No one deserves that kind of treatment and the coaches need to remember it is a game that should be fun!!!!!!!!!! Be tough but be fair! I think it is time for people(especially a couple of hampton coaches) to realize that!

I.ve been around football for a long time, and hardly anything these boys do is FUN. Have you ever watched a practice, how many of these kids do this kind of stuff at home to have FUN. FUN in football comes from outdoing the guy across from you and winning. Adam rushed for 250 yards the other night, guess what, he got hit and took a pounding, broke his fingers, he didn't have FUN. If they would have won ,he would have been tickled to death. I wacthed the Coalfield kids come off the field after the loss to Hampton in the playoffs last year, I saw boys with arms the size of stove pipes crying their eyes out. They were not having FUN. They had alot of fun during the season because they won just about every game. There is a ton of pressure put on the coaches to WIN, did anyone say the kids blew the game the other night, the only thing I,ve heard is how the coaches blew it when in reality it was the other way around. People cussed the play calling, the play calling didn't beat Hampton, it was the turnovers. For example, does anyone remember the Coalfield game last season. How they won was Adam and John Potter ran all over um. Good coaches are the tough ones, they expect every kid on the TEAM to give it 100percent in every practice and every game. A few kids will do that ,but not too many. Its the coaches job to see that they do. Honey please block don't get it. I really like football and what it teaches, it makes kids mentally and physically tough, it teaches them teamwork, it teaches hard work, disapline and accountability. Coaches are teaching these kids the qualities it takes to succeed in life. Now back to football, Hampton has all the pieces it takes to have a great football TEAM. But the only way they are going to get there is if the coaches are tough enough to get All of these kids to come to practice and learn what it takes to give 100 percent. If they can accomplish this,these kids are going to have alot of FUN. I look for the fun to start Friday night,

No offense to any parents out there but that is totally unacceptable no matter what the situation. Parents need to learn to let the coaches do their jobs and not interfere. Thats one thing that is wrong with this generation of kids, is that momma and daddy cant let the coaches, teachers, etc, do their job because we all know that little junior is never wrong! Stay out of the locker room and let your children grow up and quit believing that your kid can do no wrong and everything will be OK. :D

I am with you and pujo 100%.

I.ve been around football for a long time, and hardly anything these boys do is FUN. Have you ever watched a practice, how many of these kids do this kind of stuff at home to have FUN. FUN in football comes from outdoing the guy across from you and winning. Adam rushed for 250 yards the other night, guess what, he got hit and took a pounding, broke his fingers, he didn't have FUN. If they would have won ,he would have been tickled to death. I wacthed the Coalfield kids come off the field after the loss to Hampton in the playoffs last year, I saw boys with arms the size of stove pipes crying their eyes out. They were not having FUN. They had alot of fun during the season because they won just about every game. There is a ton of pressure put on the coaches to WIN, did anyone say the kids blew the game the other night, the only thing I,ve heard is how the coaches blew it when in reality it was the other way around. People cussed the play calling, the play calling didn't beat Hampton, it was the turnovers. For example, does anyone remember the Coalfield game last season. How they won was Adam and John Potter ran all over um. Good coaches are the tough ones, they expect every kid on the TEAM to give it 100percent in every practice and every game. A few kids will do that ,but not too many. Its the coaches job to see that they do. Honey please block don't get it. I really like football and what it teaches, it makes kids mentally and physically tough, it teaches them teamwork, it teaches hard work, disapline and accountability. Coaches are teaching these kids the qualities it takes to succeed in life. Now back to football, Hampton has all the pieces it takes to have a great football TEAM. But the only way they are going to get there is if the coaches are tough enough to get All of these kids to come to practice and learn what it takes to give 100 percent. If they can accomplish this,these kids are going to have alot of FUN. I look for the fun to start Friday night,

Amen brother! By the time kids get into highschool they need to realize that they are being groomed for their own future away from their parents! Highschool level athletes should be able to take SOME language and crtitcism without mom and dad jumping in and having a fit. Another thing parents need to realize is that the coaches are paid to win, not make sure that everything is fun for little Timmy, winning and only winning is how a coach continues to provide for his family the way anyone else has to do certain things to maintain their jobs. I agree that there are certain kids out there with different psychies that have to be dealt with in a different manner, but most of the time if they are not doing what the coach asks them to do they are probably going to be on the other end of a nice butt chewin'. Look lady if you want your kid to have fun tell him to quit and go sit in the student section in the stands, thats fun, I guess, my mom and dad never said a word about me getting reamed by my coaches, nor will I when my daughter starts her career. If you want to help be there harshest critic AND thier biggest fan. Dont always tell them its not your fault honey you tried, thats BS! Get tough on them and help us coaches out we need all of it we can get! By the way, I like the DOGS in an unmerciful beating Friday night-GOOD LUCK, and keep em straight up there PUJO, you seem like the only logical one of the bunch! :D

Amen brother! By the time kids get into highschool they need to realize that they are being groomed for their own future away from their parents! Highschool level athletes should be able to take SOME language and crtitcism without mom and dad jumping in and having a fit. Another thing parents need to realize is that the coaches are paid to win, not make sure that everything is fun for little Timmy, winning and only winning is how a coach continues to provide for his family the way anyone else has to do certain things to maintain their jobs. I agree that there are certain kids out there with different psychies that have to be dealt with in a different manner, but most of the time if they are not doing what the coach asks them to do they are probably going to be on the other end of a nice butt chewin'. Look lady if you want your kid to have fun tell him to quit and go sit in the student section in the stands, thats fun, I guess, my mom and dad never said a word about me getting reamed by my coaches, nor will I when my daughter starts her career. If you want to help be there harshest critic AND thier biggest fan. Dont always tell them its not your fault honey you tried, thats BS! Get tough on them and help us coaches out we need all of it we can get! By the way, I like the DOGS in an unmerciful beating Friday night-GOOD LUCK, and keep em straight up there PUJO, you seem like the only logical one of the bunch! :unsure:

its all about respect and after you are gone from school you will never forget as long as you live about the enjoyment you had as a Bulldog remember. when all the schools in the area just wants to beat hampton and no body else and all the coaches never left our sides whether we were winning or loseing even after we are gone we all seem to be on the same TEAM so everybody remember the respect that we were taught.

I have two kids, one is 10 and the other one two. I,m pretty tough on the older one, I expect his best in everything he does. He is a straight A student and excels in atheletics. Hes been doing pushups ,pullups, running sprints and tons of things to make him the best he can be, since he was about four years old. He used to have fun doing this stuff, my little one has a blast doing the same things. The older one has figured out that this stuff is hard, the little one will in time. The older one don't have a blast doing these things anymore but he is mature enough to realize what its going to do for him in the long run. He don't have a blast doing schoolwork ,but when he brings home straight A,s,he is a proud young man. I,m extremely proud of both my kids.My older one plays three sports and he is far from perfect. I don.t mind physical mistakes, thats not his fault, effort is another matter, I expect 100 percent. I want all his coaches and teachers to expect the same thing. I have never told my child he has to bring home A,s, I just expect his best. I am behind the teachers and coaches who expect his best, The ones who don't push him are not doing their job. I,m not a perfect parent by any strecth of the imagination,but I love my kids more than anything in this world, I let them know it every day. Expecting alot and being tough on kids is not easy for coaches,teachers or parents,on the other hand ,it harder than heck. Teachers ,coaches or parents are never perfect, but usually the the teachers and coaches try really hard. Most parents want their kids to excel but they don't want anyone being tough. The way I see it ,if more people would get behind these teachers and coaches, we would have alot better society. I call it tough love.

Actually what is unacceptable is the coaches taking it way too far.There is a fine line between being a tough coach and beating those boys down!These are high school boys playing for FUN! They do not deserve to be talked to like that.I would be mad if some of those things were said to my dogs! I agree that they need to be tough but football is a team effort win or lose.One player cannot win or lose a game.No one deserves that kind of treatment and the coaches need to remember it is a game that should be fun!!!!!!!!!! Be tough but be fair! I think it is time for people(especially a couple of hampton coaches) to realize that!

Bud Grant coached the Minnesota Vikings to four Super Bowls. He lost all of them, but I think it's fair to say that he was a Great Coach.

Mike Ditka took the Chicago Bears to a Super Bowl and won. He was considered a Great Coach . . . .until his meltdown began. His players seemed to love or hate him. With Ditka, there was no middle ground, and his tantrums ultimately did him in, while Grant was seldom seen raising his voice to a anyone.

Ditka never calmed down enough to stay in the profession. Grant retired, under his own terms, a beloved and respected coach and person. Mike Ditka is probably a great person . . . .who happens to wear his heart on his sleeve. He also hurt a lot of feelings.

the coaches want the kids to win, is that taking it too far? sorry they care about the kids and want them to amount to something, its called tough love, when the coaches "talk to the kids like that" its because they want to get the best out of them. if your son or whoever cant take it they need to quit... i'm sorry but football builds character wheather it is from the coaches jumping down the kids throats or not. i agree that they win and loose as a team but i dont see any kids thet are treated better than others, if you dont push the kids to do better they dont get better. if you will notice the soft coaches who are too nice to their players LOOSE! so do you want the kids to be loosers? you would probably be complaining about the coaching situation then also... ya just cant win, i dont know if you are referring to your son out there or friend, whomever it may be they need to quit being a baby, man up and play... i would guess you are against giving your kids spankings also? you seem like that type

Edited by H-Town34

Bud Grant coached the Minnesota Vikings to four Super Bowls. He lost all of them, but I think it's fair to say that he was a Great Coach.

Mike Ditka took the Chicago Bears to a Super Bowl and won. He was considered a Great Coach . . . .until his meltdown began. His players seemed to love or hate him. With Ditka, there was no middle ground, and his tantrums ultimately did him in, while Grant was seldom seen raising his voice to a anyone.

Ditka never calmed down enough to stay in the profession. Grant retired, under his own terms, a beloved and respected coach and person. Mike Ditka is probably a great person . . . .who happens to wear his heart on his sleeve. He also hurt a lot of feelings.

Thats a little different from Highschool sports, in professional sports ,you do what is expected or you go home.And one more thing , how many chewings and how much effort do you think these guys have went through to get to the professional level. When these kids graduate and and get jobs, they don,t get chewed out ,they get fired When they miss work ,they don't run sprints,they get fired. Its about teaching these kids to be accountable and give their best while they are young. Kids who give their all in the classroom and on the playing field usually love their teachers and coaches.

the coaches want the kids to win, is that taking it too far? sorry they care about the kids and want them to amount to something, its called tough love, when the coaches "talk to the kids like that" its because they want to get the best out of them. if your son or whoever cant take it they need to quit... i'm sorry but football builds character wheather it is from the coaches jumping down the kids throats or not. i agree that they win and loose as a team but i dont see any kids thet are treated better than others, if you dont push the kids to do better they dont get better. if you will notice the soft coaches who are too nice to their players LOOSE! so do you want the kids to be loosers? you would probably be complaining about the coaching situation then also... ya just cant win, i dont know if you are referring to your son out there or friend, whomever it may be they need to quit being a baby, man up and play... i would guess you are against giving your kids spankings also? you seem like that type

I think she was referring to the Johnathon Lyons situation.