(1-1) Jellico @ (0-1) Hampton

I have never posted on this site, but have often read it. I do have a real problem when personal lives get brought into a discussion that was about sports. Vader what possible satisfaction could you get from tearing apart a 17 year old? You may have not made the comments but you started the discusion. My son is a very dedicated athlete, student and young man. Whether it is on the court/field or off he as always conducted himself well. He is not candy ---! He understands that no one owes him anything and what he gets will come by hard work and effort. Sugar coating is not my style nor my husbands.

Vader if you want to know what the discussion was about with the coach why don't you ask him? You obviously feel you have a right to know. He has the nads to take his to the coach face to face, not in some forum where gossiping about coaches and players solves nothing.

We are parents involved and we will continue to be involve, but neither of us have and disillusions. Jon is a talented athlete, who has room to grow.

You talk your football, we will do our jobs as parents.

Your are absolutely right about Vader. He never should have started this. But on the other hand, his dad should have never confronted the coaches the way he did. You can't go screaming at people and not expect to be heard. Jon, who is a good kid, is the one who is taking the flack for his dad's actions. If his dad has the nads you say he does, he will apologize to the coaches, then to Jon.

Edited by ifyoucantrunwiththebulldogs

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Your are absolutely right about Vader. He never should have started this. But on the other hand, his dad should have never confronted the coaches the way he did. You can't go screaming at people and not expect to be heard. Jon, who is a good kid, is the one who is taking the flack for his dad's actions. If his dad has the nads you say he does, he will apologize to the coaches, then to Jon.

It is his decision to make if an apology is required. Not mine, Jons or yours. Something triggered it! Let it go! Unless you are a coach and you feel one is owed to you! If so go to the source, not here!

Hampton may not win as big as people think. Last year the game was over about halfway through the first quarter. They had the jv,s in so early that the Jellico never knew the difference. They still believe they played our starters. One guy said a few minutes ago thet Jellico couldn't stop Hamptons running game and Hampton couldn't stop Jellico from passing. It was our jv,s both ways.

Jellico has 14 Juniors and 10 Sophomores so we was pretty much playing with a jv team every game

Ole3putt, I,m sure Hampton got a good wake up call, Adam will be fine and I'd say Jellico is coming to a nightmare Friday night. Hampton made alot of mistakes last Friday night, the good thing for them is ,they are all fixable.

i agree pujo everyone seems to be ok injury wise today..although there was not as much fire as i thought there would be, but they have been 0-1 before and hopefully they will respond again this year..the talent is there just a little more fine tuning needed this year..should reel off atleast 10 straight before 2nd round playoffs then well see where we are at...i also no to never count your chickens before they hatch ..just think this team is so carbon copy of last year just strenghts are in a little differnt areas .. except oj still the same litlle engine that can go dogs...

the coaches want the kids to win, is that taking it too far? sorry they care about the kids and want them to amount to something, its called tough love, when the coaches "talk to the kids like that" its because they want to get the best out of them. if your son or whoever cant take it they need to quit... i'm sorry but football builds character wheather it is from the coaches jumping down the kids throats or not. i agree that they win and loose as a team but i dont see any kids thet are treated better than others, if you dont push the kids to do better they dont get better. if you will notice the soft coaches who are too nice to their players LOOSE! so do you want the kids to be loosers? you would probably be complaining about the coaching situation then also... ya just cant win, i dont know if you are referring to your son out there or friend, whomever it may be they need to quit being a baby, man up and play... i would guess you are against giving your kids spankings also? you seem like that type

Ok-First of all you have no right to assume what kind of "type" I am. Not that it is any of your business but I do believe in spanking my OWN children when I deem necessary.My husband coached football and I do have someone on the field that I love dearly who I am sure is a way better man already than most! Not because of his tough coaches but because I raised him that way! I taught him respect,manners,responsibility (without cussing or grabbing on him)! If the parents do their jobs they have those qualities already.I agree that coaches should reinforce those but it is real hard to respect someone when they are in you face calling you a loser!I am not against any of them doing their job!! JC Campbell is one of the finest men I know and I have the utmost respect for him.He is tough when needed but also hands out praise when needed.There should be a balance and he is a wonderful coach who realizes that.I know they have their best interest at heart but everyone should admit they do get a little carried away at times.I love the game of football and hope these boys go all the way!! Thist is my final response,I don't really think it deserved a topic on here,but since you started it.....

Go dogs!!