Father Ryan ys. Christian Brothers

bigbigguy

Who cares if they become a powerhouse again this year? They have started the season 2-0. When was the last time Ryan started a season with 2 wins. Confidence is a great motivator. I think Ryan will definately make the post season this year. I am not a fan of Coach Lussier but I do respect his defensive coaching. Ryan's defense is goooooddd this year. Congratulations Irish on a great win, however, I think the more difficult D2 games are yet to come.

Ryan is much improved and you can tell better coached then the last 5-6 years. As for making the playoffs, I would hope so since 6 teams make it and how many are in D2AAA 7 or 8. Not making the playoffs the last 3 years tells you how low it was.

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

thats funny has JP2 beaten the "meat of D2AAA" yet?

once pope plays teams like BA MUS MBA and McCallie they will stop your only player just like Father Ryan did.

I can post on any topic I please and it's Ryan fans or players like you that will be the undoing of the Irish. I am talking about the Irish this year and not JP2 next year. Stay on subject!

I know your coach will not overlook MBA, BA or MUS this year but you think you have already won the State Title after a 2-0 start. :thumb:

warning id10t error:User MWR must logoff immediately!

Bauber,

As an OR grad, past Booster President and an Old Guy...I think I have seen my team win as many or more state football championships as you have. I'm pretty well versed on the subject. In fact, my high school is about 29th in the nation in winning percentages for the history of HS football.

Ole Dad

And, FRHS will be back very soon as I said.

Well since you obviously don't understand what a state championship appearance means ill explain it to you. For one it is kind of funny you are so arrogant already and think FR can beat the world after a few wins. I am not downplaying those wins by any means and I am glad you have confidence in your team but once a person cries wolf year in and year out some people will remain skeptical. A state champ appearance means you have beat your competition in season and during the playoffs and you have beat the best teams in the league to get there consecutively. That equates to you being a powerhouse in the league if I am wrong correct me. Good try though Ole Dad I will continue to applaud your effort. Maybe you should start a religion based around Lussier so you can worship him some more seems like you could compete with Tom Cruise and his Scientology. Just a thought though.

Bauber,

As an OR grad, past Booster President and an Old Guy...I think I have seen my team win as many or more state football championships as you have. I'm pretty well versed on the subject. In fact, my high school is about 29th in the nation in winning percentages for the history of HS football.

Ole Dad

And, FRHS will be back very soon as I said.

I said nothing about the past we are talking about the present. I see that you could not come up with an arguement that pertains to TODAY so instead you went back to the past. Again nice try and I applaud your effort keep trying hard!!! I am glad you are old.... and know a lot.... that is just awesome. Maybe that explains why you are so cranky. The past the past the past that is all I ever hear from you. We are talking about now and until it is proved now you can talk all you want.

Since your memory is so poor, I have reposted your comments to which I have responded. It kills you that Ryan is back and is a competitive program again. They may not win all their games going forward but they will make teams prepare and take notice...and they will always show up.

By the way, where did you attend HS?

Ole Dad

Well since you obviously don't understand what a state championship appearance means ill explain it to you. For one it is kind of funny you are so arrogant already and think FR can beat the world after a few wins. I am not downplaying those wins by any means and I am glad you have confidence in your team but once a person cries wolf year in and year out some people will remain skeptical. A state champ appearance means you have beat your competition in season and during the playoffs and you have beat the best teams in the league to get there consecutively. That equates to you being a powerhouse in the league if I am wrong correct me.

I said nothing about the past we are talking about the present. I see that you could not come up with an arguement that pertains to TODAY so instead you went back to the past. Again nice try and I applaud your effort keep trying hard!!! I am glad you are old.... and know a lot.... that is just awesome. Maybe that explains why you are so cranky. The past the past the past that is all I ever hear from you. We are talking about now and until it is proved now you can talk all you want.

I agree with you Bauber...also winning in D2AAA is a different animal. D1 is D1 but D2 is always up for grabs. The teams are so evenly matched that you can never tell who could win. One state championship doesn't a powerhouse make. I think Ryan has a fine tradition of football but I would call BA a powerhouse (9 titles), MBA (8 titles), even last year's champion MUS (3 titles) has more state titles than Ryan (2 titles). Ryan has been off the winning track for so long that it will be a while before they will be considered a "powerhouse". We will have to see if the first few wins this season are an aberration like the past several years. Even if they make it to state they will have to repeat to be considered "back" as a "powerhouse". They have to win consistently for a couple of years at least.

I think ORHS's 8 titles count as a powerhouse.

Ole Dad

I agree with you Bauber...also winning in D2AAA is a different animal. D1 is D1 but D2 is always up for grabs. The teams are so evenly matched that you can never tell who could win. One state championship doesn't a powerhouse make. I think Ryan has a fine tradition of football but I would call BA a powerhouse (9 titles), MBA (8 titles), even last year's champion MUS (3 titles) has more state titles than Ryan (2 titles). Ryan has been off the winning track for so long that it will be a while before they will be considered a "powerhouse". We will have to see if the first few wins this season are an aberration like the past several years. Even if they make it to state they will have to repeat to be considered "back" as a "powerhouse". They have to win consistently for a couple of years at least.

I can post on any topic I please and it's Ryan fans or players like you that will be the undoing of the Irish. I am talking about the Irish this year and not JP2 next year. Stay on subject!

I know your coach will not overlook MBA, BA or MUS this year but you think you have already won the State Title after a 2-0 start. B)

warning id10t error:User MWR must logoff immediately!

You know I just don't understand you JPIIfan, all your posts seem to have this hostility toward Ryan or its fans. You only talk to a few folks on these threads. You know Ryan kicked JPII all over the field when it counted and this has renewed your need to include thousands of people in your criticism of Father Ryan while only conversing with a few. You criticism have even alluded to the academic program at Ryan. There is a hidden agenda here. I don't know how many more games Father Ryan will win this season, neither does anyone else, because they haven't played them yet. But I do know this, no matter who they play, they are going to give it everything they got. And I know that there is enough athletic ability on the field with Ryan that some folks are going to be surprised when they play them. And if I were you, I would be biting my nails about the upcoming game against Goodpasture who is probably going to put a whuppin on you in your own stadium. Remember always be a lady. B)

You know I just don't understand you JPIIfan, all your posts seem to have this hostility toward Ryan or its fans. You only talk to a few folks on these threads. You know Ryan kicked JPII all over the field when it counted and this has renewed your need to include thousands of people in your criticism of Father Ryan while only conversing with a few. You criticism have even alluded to the academic program at Ryan. There is a hidden agenda here. I don't know how many more games Father Ryan will win this season, neither does anyone else, because they haven't played them yet. But I do know this, no matter who they play, they are going to give it everything they got. And I know that there is enough athletic ability on the field with Ryan that some folks are going to be surprised when they play them. And if I were you, I would be biting my nails about the upcoming game against Goodpasture who is probably going to put a whuppin on you in your own stadium. Remember always be a lady. :thumb:

Whatever...

I don't know whose posts you are reading but really Ryan fans are very abusive toward JP2 for some reason....why? You are one of them...TELL me why! I am perfectly willing to discuss the merits of both programs but you and others here are hostile toward JP2. I am only defending my school.

My criticism of Ryan has merit. I do not need to explain myself to you or others. I have said that I think Ryan will go to the playoffs this year. Not good enough. I have applauded Lussier for his defensive genius. Not good enough. What do I need to do to make you happy fieldman?

Being a Ryan fan I guess you would know about people putting a "whuppin' on you" in your own stadium. Oh that's right you don't have a stadium. Just like the Irish, the Knights will put on a fight to beat GP, and in the end we will be proud of our team because of the hard work and effort put forth. Congratulations to the Irish for their hard work and the wins they have collected this year.

PS Fieldman did you go to Ryan because your spelling/grammar is horrible? That's all I have to say about academics at Ryan.

JP,

I've told you about that spell check thing before. Be careful, there are many educated, successful and intelligent people on here that may not be as concerned with spell check as you are. By the way, those atributes could all be attributed to single individuals. It's just a game. Chill out.

Ole Dad

Whatever...

I don't know whose posts you are reading but really Ryan fans are very abusive toward JP2 for some reason....why? You are one of them...TELL me why! I am perfectly willing to discuss the merits of both programs but you and others here are hostile toward JP2. I am only defending my school.

My criticism of Ryan has merit. I do not need to explain myself to you or others. I have said that I think Ryan will go to the playoffs this year. Not good enough. I have applauded Lussier for his defensive genius. Not good enough. What do I need to do to make you happy fieldman?

Being a Ryan fan I guess you would know about people putting a "whuppin' on you" in your own stadium. Oh that's right you don't have a stadium. Just like the Irish, the Knights will put on a fight to beat GP, and in the end we will be proud of our team because of the hard work and effort put forth. Congratulations to the Irish for their hard work and the wins they have collected this year.

PS Fieldman did you go to Ryan because your spelling/grammar is horrible? That's all I have to say about academics at Ryan.