Dobyns-Bennett @ Oak Ridge

OakRidgeCat

• Replies 263
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey Skunk,

Have Kim call me about tailgating b4 the game at OR. I have lost their phone #'s and cannot get in touch with them. We will be tailgating behind the press box side close to the road. Look for the blue covered set up. We will be there by 5:00 pm, or he can email me at tnbreakers@aol.com.

Thanks and good luck to Josef and Cote, but not too much luck. :thumb:

Well let's get some thought and perdictions going on here Battle of the two

classiest and best known school in East Tenn...whos gonna win this one and can I

get some stats from Oak ridge this season? Sub-question how is the beating Oak

ridge gave going to compare to the CLOSE game that DB had as far as

preperation for this game?

Funny you should say that, because the people in Oak Ridge don't think they are as strong as "everyone" thinks. Maybe it's tradition that has them at No. 1, maybe it's process of elimination ... who knows. Do I think they have the capability to be the best team in 5A? Yes. Do I think they are remotely close to that point now? No.

This is a big game, only because it shows both teams where they are. DB got a test, Oak Ridge hasn't as of yet, that will certainly be in DB's best interest. Of course, recent history shows us you may want to lose the regular-season game here, because the loser has went on to win when matched up in the playoffs.

With the extra game, I think the Indians have an advantage, plus they just have more experienced players. Oak Ridge makes a lot of mistakes, something that will kill them against a disciplined team ... I think we all know coach Clark will have that.

It's not Friday, so I can't make a prediction yet, but there could be a U-haul in my driveway when the paper comes out.

i will take DB in this one i just dont think oakridge is as strong as everyone thinks

Edited by TankTalk

I'm going with Dobyns Bennett to win this one. Lot of experience returning. They did enough to win this week, but its Oak Ridge and they will be up for this game.

I AM NOT SURE IF OAK RIDGE IS THAT STRONG EITHER AND LETS NOT SAY THAT WE REALLY KNOW IF D.B. IS EITHER. THEY BEAT A FEW NOBODYS IN GAMES ONE AND TWO AND BARELY BEAT BEARDEN. THE QUESTION IS, IS BEARDEN ANY GOOD. THEY APPEAR IMPRESSIVE SO FAR. I AM GOING WITH OAK RIDGE ONLY BECAUSE ITS A HOME GAME.

I AM NOT SURE IF OAK RIDGE IS THAT STRONG EITHER AND LETS NOT SAY THAT WE REALLY KNOW IF D.B. IS EITHER. THEY BEAT A FEW NOBODYS IN GAMES ONE AND TWO AND BARELY BEAT BEARDEN. THE QUESTION IS, IS BEARDEN ANY GOOD. THEY APPEAR IMPRESSIVE SO FAR. I AM GOING WITH OAK RIDGE ONLY BECAUSE ITS A HOME GAME.

I don’t think anyone can say Sullivan South is a nobody. D-B had an easy time of them for sure. I’ll agree with “Popular Creek”, I think Oak Ridge will squeak this one out, only because it is a home game. I will be pulling for D-B. GO REGION 1 5A!