FCS vs. Clay Co

FCSpoe

Slim Jimmy says there is no need in running the score up like this. Slim Jimmy can remember when FCS used to get done this way. How did you feel? Slim Jimmy says don't run the score up like this again, bad sportsmanship.

Jimmy i have to disagree on this one. Sometimes it can't be helped if you put your young boys in. you can't tell them not to play. You bleeding hearts kill me! It might be the only chance the youngons get on the field all season. They practice to. They sweat,bleed and workout all summer to just like varsity does. You would take away there oppurtunity to play just because you didn't want to run up the score. Please thats absurd. There is a big diffrence in intentional and you just plain can't help it!

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Slim Jimmy says there is no need in running the score up like this. Slim Jimmy can remember when FCS used to get done this way. How did you feel? Slim Jimmy says don't run the score up like this again, bad sportsmanship.

FCS did run it up, not going to lie. I don't know if coach wanted to send a message, but i was curious why to leave the starters in until the score was 49 - 0. But i will say that the entire score is not all running up the score. Most of the scores were straight up the middle, just broke them for big. Even the JV was running up the middle and getting 7 yards a pop. I'm not going to say the score wasn't run up, but alot of it was JV.

Clay Co seemed unprepared. They were ready to play pre-game you know the type of teams, jumping yelling, slapping pads ect. But it seemed like the very first play just took the wind out of them. They showed some life the first FCS drive, but were just getting knocked of the ball and hit... hard. Also i noticed the entire game an overall lack of comunication on Clay Co defense. The linebackers were constantly in the wrong spot and running back and forth before the snap not knowing where to go. Plus there were huge holes in the secondary with the Clay coach yelling at the players to shift over and such. After that it seemed as if they just were stuck in quicksand and things just got worse and worse and worse for them. After a few scores, Clay just threw in the towl. The lack of preperation shocked me because FCS didn't run any new plays or offenses from what i could see, everything was the same from the Davidson game, so i was shocked that Clay was not at least prepared on how to line up better.

Outside looking in, it looks a bit unclassy to run up the score that much...sometimes you really can't help it, but this looks as if it was an absolute blow out

Was this a home game for FCS? If so were the freshmen dressed? If the JV is doing this to a varsity team it is time to put the freshmen (or even the Junior high) team in.

FCS did run it up, not going to lie. I don't know if coach wanted to send a message, but i was curious why to leave the starters in until the score was 49 - 0. But i will say that the entire score is not all running up the score. Most of the scores were straight up the middle, just broke them for big. Even the JV was running up the middle and getting 7 yards a pop. I'm not going to say the score wasn't run up, but alot of it was JV.

FC, we've been there too. sounds like alot of youg players got some experience. That will go a long way for the program. Concrats on the game last night.

Clay Co seemed unprepared. They were ready to play pre-game you know the type of teams, jumping yelling, slapping pads ect. But it seemed like the very first play just took the wind out of them. They showed some life the first FCS drive, but were just getting knocked of the ball and hit... hard. Also i noticed the entire game an overall lack of comunication on Clay Co defense. The linebackers were constantly in the wrong spot and running back and forth before the snap not knowing where to go. Plus there were huge holes in the secondary with the Clay coach yelling at the players to shift over and such. After that it seemed as if they just were stuck in quicksand and things just got worse and worse and worse for them. After a few scores, Clay just threw in the towl. The lack of preperation shocked me because FCS didn't run any new plays or offenses from what i could see, everything was the same from the Davidson game, so i was shocked that Clay was not at least prepared on how to line up better.

One word: Coaching!

Online moderator I'm not going to mention his name so you don't have to lock this thread.

When all the other teams in the state were working hard this summer, their coach took a day off and went back home to whereever. They didn't condition very well this season and most of the talent has graduated over the past few years and has not been replaced. The numbers are way down to the lowest in 6 years and very few respect the man at the top.

Jackson Co is on the way up with a great new coach and a new direction while Clay co has hit rock bottom. They haven't looked this bad since 1999 when they went 0-10. RBS will probably be the only game they win and even that game is a question mark.

There is lots of talk about regime change in C-town and it is coming from the parents and the school board. I'm just happy that J-County has finally brought in a coach that has our boys believeing in themselves and winning some games.

Congrats FCS! The last two TDs were defensive returns for TDs and only one of those came after the half. From a look at the stat sheet, it looks like they let everyone take a stab at carrying the ball up the middle - including the lunch lady.

Keep you heads up Clay Co ... your time will come again. I remember having my tail handed to me by the BIG ole Celina teams back in the day.

Edited by tnsddeveloper

I think it's funny that the ones that blabbed the most about TC running up the score on RBS last year were FCS fans (you know who you are). Gordansville could have done the same to RBS and didn't. We could have done the same to Jackson County...and didn't. :ph34r:

Antwan, I was one of many FCS fans who was not to happy with TC last year, i will be honest and admit that. Most of it was probobly just taking out frustration on TC because we couldn't beat them, but i will admit that i did talk bad about running the score up. But as you will see if you look back, i also admitted in this post that i feel like FCS did, and i don't really know why.

On another note, JP2fan, we have forty some-odd guys on the team total. The freshman always dress. Most of the JV is freshman.