Franklin at Independence 9/15/06

indyrep

It was called sarcasm, BD. There is no way you can get under my skin. You're the one that keep getting hammered on and not just by me. I don't come into a Page thread and disrespect the coach, players, administration or complain about school boundry lines. Excuses, excuses. Stop whining about everything.

....and my reply was sarcasm.......don't make my comments into such disrespect. It is a matter of opinion just like yours and I intend to exercise mine. By the way, your principal is ugly and ther is no disputing that....... Hammered on by Indy fans???? I have been hammered at by ones better than you and give back the same....only thing is I am outnumbered. .....not outdone.

Enjoy your victory

• Replies 169
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

....and my reply was sarcasm.......don't make my comments into such disrespect. It is a matter of opinion just like yours and I intend to exercise mine. By the way, your principal is ugly and ther is no disputing that....... Hammered on by Indy fans???? I have been hammered at by ones better than you and give back the same....only thing is I am outnumbered. .....not outdone.

Enjoy your victory

did you just call their principal ugly??

:ph34r:

Reading all the crap about Cordell (no good, overrated), I had to respond.

1. I think this is the first 4 HS games has played more than a few plays in. Cordell will most likely grow and improve over the next 2 seasons.

2. When Indy absolutly had to score in the 2 minute drill before half to get back in the game. Cordell led the team, passsing in a hurry up offense to get the touchdown pass with just seconds to go in the half. Turning point of the game!

3. If just a few more of the balls that hit people in the hands or a few cathes that were ruled out of bounds were ruled in, then the game would have not been as close.

Bottom line Indy is a complete team, and everyone had a part in the biggest win in there history.

Indy Fan

Pigskin55

Edited by pigskin55

This is my first post and i just wanted to get on and say good game independence.

also i would like to say to bigdogdaddy-if you dont have faith in your team please stay off of our side ligns-franklin has never recieved much respect from anybody else in the state, but i never expected such blatent disrepect from an ex-rebel parent-there are plenty of other teams that need a photographer

We'll I hate it that you think I "blatently disrespect" my Rebels. Does my pointing out that we have not had the kind of big play punt and kick off return play constitute disrespect in your mind. To me it is a simple observation. I didn't criticize the existing return people, in fact I think Casey Dykes may be one of the best athletes in Williamson Co. If however you are familiar with Franklin over the past many years you will know that K/O and punt returns for TDs have played a huge role in close wins.

I have stated that Franklin's O-Line is struggling, the fact that they could not establish the run game, while Independence did, IMO, is proof of that.

Other than those two observations, I really don't know what you are talking about.

If all I ever did was get on CoachT and say ...The Rebels are great, The Rebels are great, I think I would be a gong sounding in the wind. I came on here and said I thought Franklin would lose to FRHS and Independence this season, thus go 8-2. I stated factual reasons for my opinion. I think the reasons I stated were both fair and factual.

There never has been "blatent disrespect," and there never will be. There will be compliments of outstanding play and factual discussion of strengths and weaknesses relative to other teams. If pointing out that a team has a portion of their game weaker than their opponent's constitutes "disrespect" for you than so be it.

Having had three sons to play football for Franklin and they having had the time of their lives on Friday nights, why in the world would I want to "blatently disrespect Franklin." I think you need to rethink your comment.

This is my first post and i just wanted to get on and say good game independence. we came out with our heads to high in the 2nd half and you took advantage. while your qb ( #8 ) is entirely over-rated, your run game at this point is somthing to brag about. Petigrew ( sorry if i mispelled your name, ul find i mispell many things ) is a very hard runner, and along with a defense that took advantage of our offenses mistakes, won the game. your fans are also very impresive, and i enjoyed playing in such a competitive atmosphere. Though arogant, your a very talented team and played as such. I cant wait to play you guys in the play-offs. win or lose it should be another great game. Good luck the rest of the season.

also i would like to say to bigdogdaddy-if you dont have faith in your team please stay off of our side ligns-franklin has never recieved much respect from anybody else in the state, but i never expected such blatent disrepect from an ex-rebel parent-there are plenty of other teams that need a photographer

Sgunit30,

You guys are a very good team that shut down a pretty good passing game. Not sure about the Cordell is over rated comment, but that's your opinion. We had not faced a pass defense like that. Kudos to your game plan to stop the pass. All good teams are arrogant to a point. There was a lot of chatter from both teams. Pettigrew and Consiglio bring a load and so does Frohock. He is a hoss. I'm sure Indy would love to faced Franklin again in the playoffs. The earliest that could be would be in round 2 I believe. From 1-9 to at least the 2nd round of the playoffs would be very exciting for the Eagles. As far as respect I know that we have respected your program. I remember last year at Franklin after our player was killed we were treated extremely well by your fans and team. Good luck the rest of the way.

Enjoy your victory

BD,

It was my reply back to you that was sarcastic. I don't have to make your comments into such disrespect, as you put it. You do a good enough job of that. What does what our principal looks like have anything to do with anything Indy football related? You are a legend in your own mind bulldog. Take your Indy hating drivel back to the Page forum and leave us alone again for at least 3 weeks like the last time. We will enjoy this win as I hope the Page supporters enjoy theirs. Good luck to them the rest of the season.

We'll I hate it that you think I "blatently disrespect" my Rebels. Does my pointing out that we have not had the kind of big play punt and kick off return play constitute disrespect in your mind. To me it is a simple observation. I didn't criticize the existing return people, in fact I think Casey Dykes may be one of the best athletes in Williamson Co. If however you are familiar with Franklin over the past many years you will know that K/O and punt returns for TDs have played a huge role in close wins.

I have stated that Franklin's O-Line is struggling, the fact that they could not establish the run game, while Independence did, IMO, is proof of that.

Other than those two observations, I really don't know what you are talking about.

If all I ever did was get on CoachT and say ...The Rebels are great, The Rebels are great, I think I would be a gong sounding in the wind. I came on here and said I thought Franklin would lose to FRHS and Independence this season, thus go 8-2. I stated factual reasons for my opinion. I think the reasons I stated were both fair and factual.

There never has been "blatent disrespect," and there never will be. There will be compliments of outstanding play and factual discussion of strengths and weaknesses relative to other teams. If pointing out that a team has a portion of their game weaker than their opponent's constitutes "disrespect" for you than so be it.

Having had three sons to play football for Franklin and they having had the time of their lives on Friday nights, why in the world would I want to "blatently disrespect Franklin." I think you need to rethink your comment.

Franklin has indeed taken advantage of KO/Punt returns in recent years.

The one they returned against Gallatin in 2002 is still seared into my memory. Would love to get some revenge this year.

sorry if i feel that we dont need anybody standing with us on the side lign that publicly states that he thinks we will lose games-i am very aware of how many sons you have had come through our program-tell me would u have publicly said u thought they were going to lose when they were on the team?-im going to go out on a limb and say no-why is that? because it shows a lack of faith as well as disrespect-yes, you are welcome to state your opinions on this wesite for the state to read-and yes, you simply stated that our o-line is strugling, just as our former qb decided he would simply leave the team,but be ready for "your" rebels to not be jumping at the chance to call soembody who has such poor faith in them their own-i stand behind what i said and wouldnt be able to call myself a leader if i didnt protect my brothers on the team-sorry if its not what you want to hear-but its how alot of us feal

I was at the Indy game last week versus Franklin. The crowd was huge and when Indy got down 17-0 first thing I thought of was how evryone on Coacht was predicting what would happen to the Indy team. I jad my doubts but that will not happen again. Great job Eagles now lets show Rutherford County that real football is pplayed here in Williamson County

I was at the Indy game last week versus Franklin. The crowd was huge and when Indy got down 17-0 first thing I thought of was how evryone on Coacht was predicting what would happen to the Indy team. I jad my doubts but that will not happen again. Great job Eagles now lets show Rutherford County that real football is pplayed here in Williamson County

wait a sec...i just read this exact, EXACT, post on the Indy/Siegel thread, it even had the misspellings and all

did you copy paste it? :rolleyes:

while it may appear that the o-line is struggling, this is probably the best o-line franklin's had in years, last years line was very weak physically and got worked for most of the season, this year they're actually driving people off the ball. once the qbs get a little more experience and settle down, i have a feeling that franklin's o could be unstoppable. but don't take my word for it.........