Greenbrier vs. Marshall County

hudsonj

Never really even a game. Greenbrier wins 35 to 6. 21 to 0 at the half. The Cats totally shut down Hightower (I don't know if they even had positive yards) and the # 18 QB seemed off most of the night. Greenbrier had one TD called back and fumbled away another at the end of a 60 yard or so run. MC put up the last score with a minute or so left.

I'll repeat what I remember posting last year..... I just can't figure MC out. You walk up to the field and see them warming up and you think, "this team is huge and full of athletes.". Then the game starts and a different team shows up. To me.... it just seems to start at the top but that's just one person's opinon. It just looks like the size, the talent, and the ability are there.

Good jobs Cats. Enjoy the open week. Good luck to MC here on out.

A few mistakes tonight by the Cats, but very few indeed. The Cats came home tonight and showed their stuff. MC's Hightower looked to be very athletic (he's huge!) but I was expecting more yardage from him according to previous posts. He got almost nothing. Greenbrier's D was awesome tonight, even running down the MC player the couple of times they got out in the open. Their 6 point came with Greenbrier subs in and going for 2 didn't pan out. Their QB overshot most of his passes but one pass that was complete got met with a solid thud from the Cats Michael Seay. Seay also caught an interception that was almost imbedded between his numbers and went for the TD. Great plays by many others on the Greenbrier side...Jody & Lance, (wow!), Ty (man, that was a fantastic run), Brad, Justin, Kyle, and many more that I am sorry that I can't think of right now.

Good game to the Tigers...good luck the rest of the way.

Congrats to our Cats! Two weeks gives time to rest and refresh. Bring that same team back for Homecoming against Cheatham. You guys did great!

Edited by GreenbrierCat2

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I agree with NODOUBT, looking at them Marshall County looks like a very talented team, speed, size, and strength...and then the whistle blows and you don't get anything close to what you thought you would see. This won't be the tigers only loss this season, you can count on that.

Did #18 Gower start at quarterback for Marshall Co. tonight???? He is in the Tennessean's stat column :blink:

Good Job Bobcats!!! See you guys there in two weeks :unsure:

Yes, Gower did play a little. Our Cavalla O'neal got hurt on the opening kickoff and did not return. Gower was cleared Wednesday, so he was not expected to play last night. He did a decent job after 2 short days of practice and 5 weeks without throwing.

As far as the rest of the game, all credit goes to the Bobcats. Good luck to you for the rest of the year.

Marshall County is getting ready for Page.

Did #18 Gower start at quarterback for Marshall Co. tonight???? He is in the Tennessean's stat column :unsure:

QB #4 looked as if he hurt a shoulder on the opening kickoff. QB #16 was in for 2 or 3 series (3's and out) and then #18 came in and played the rest of the game. (probably 3 quarters)

Wow, I am also not believing this score! Greenbrier can't be that much better than Marshall County, I mean Lipscomb rolled them up and put them in their pocket, so this must have been an utter melt-down by the Tigers. This loss is one of those that can sink your entire season if your Marshall County, so they better regroup in a hurry. I also don't know how Gower would have played with a torn-up throwing shoulder, if that is true. Switching between 3 QB's in one game, if that was the case, could be the big reason for this collapse. That's not going to work at any level.

Edited by John005

Wow, I am also not believing this score! Greenbrier can't be that much better than Marshall County, I mean Lipscomb rolled them up and put them in their pocket, so this must have been an utter melt-down by the Tigers. This loss is one of those that can sink your entire season if your Marshall County, so they better regroup in a hurry. I also don't know how Gower would have played with a torn-up throwing shoulder, if that is true. Switching between 3 QB's in one game, if that was the case, could be the big reason for this collapse. That's not going to work at any level.

Personally, I thought it was a Bobcat meltdown at Lipscomb. I'm glad they got that over with early. Greenbrier WAS much better last night. I don't know how long it was before MC even got a first down. If you check out the stats on the Tennessean, it's all in black and white. This was a non-region game last night, but Marshall will be fine. They've definitely got size and speed.

Edited by GreenbrierCat2

If Gower was cleared to play, he was cleared to play. He was the better of the QBs throwing in warm-ups but he was no where near in the game. MC just seemed to have no offensive game plan whatsoever. You can't just hand it to Hightower and hope that he can run straight up the middle and be successful. He's a good looking football player but he spent most of the night going backward. I think it goes to what was quoted in the Tennessean by MC's coach about this goes solely on the head coach and they weren't prepared to play. His quote... not mine.