Greenbrier vs. Marshall County

hudsonj

You must be arrogant if you are cheering for greenbrier and you are from greenbrier. You should try to be more humble and try cheering for the other team instead of your own sometime!

Eddie - I don't know where you get that wishing a team good luck is arrogant. I follow a number of schools progress. My zip code is 37211 and I don't have any teens in school so I think I can root for whoever I wish.

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well the day has come for the Blue and Green to revive an old friendship on the gridiron. I personally have very much respect for the entire Greenbrier Team and their fans. They have always been great host and treated MC with respect.

Now on to other things. This should be a great game between two teams that are going places. If MC can put together 4 quarters as they did last week and the defense play to its potential again, I predict the bus ride home to be a good one. Greenbrier has always been a tough, physical team and I see or hear nothing to make me think that this years team is any different.

The winner of this game will have definetely brought their A game and the one that doesn't will be disappointed. ;)

You must be arrogant if you are cheering for greenbrier and you are from greenbrier. You should try to be more humble and try cheering for the other team instead of your own sometime!

that is hands down the dumbest thing i've ever heard

Uhhh, I think it was done in 'jest.'

For some strange reason (hint: see the DL at Page thread), I'd be willing to bet eddie is a DL fan. ;)

Finally! It's time for some more football in Greenbrier! Two weeks with no Friday Night Lights in the 'Brier has been boring. Here's to the Bobcat fans getting in full swing tonight and getting pumped for a hard hitting, in the trenches football game. Marshall is ready to come show us something, and I think the Bobcats are ready to show their stuff in front of the hometown crowd. Who wants it more? That question will be answered in just a few more hours.

To Marshall, welcome to Greenbrier again....and have a SAFE trip!

I'm ready for a good loud spin of Catscratch Fever...let's do it Green! Go Cats!!

Finally! It's time for some more football in Greenbrier! Two weeks with no Friday Night Lights in the 'Brier has been boring. Here's to the Bobcat fans getting in full swing tonight and getting pumped for a hard hitting, in the trenches football game. Marshall is ready to come show us something, and I think the Bobcats are ready to show their stuff in front of the hometown crowd. Who wants it more? That question will be answered in just a few more hours.

To Marshall, welcome to Greenbrier again....and have a SAFE trip!

I'm ready for a good loud spin of Catscratch Fever...let's do it Green! Go Cats!!

I think this will be a good game for the Cats to gauge their progress from. Lipscomb was obviously a strong team and Dekalb is not yet to the point where they can compete for the region title so I don't think we can get a good feel where we are at the moment. MC will be more of the type team that the Cats will have to contend with in the coming weeks.

This series has really given us some good games in the last few years. Here's to another good, injury-free match-up.... :lol:

Never really even a game. Greenbrier wins 35 to 6. 21 to 0 at the half. The Cats totally shut down Hightower (I don't know if they even had positive yards) and the # 18 QB seemed off most of the night. Greenbrier had one TD called back and fumbled away another at the end of a 60 yard or so run. MC put up the last score with a minute or so left.

I'll repeat what I remember posting last year..... I just can't figure MC out. You walk up to the field and see them warming up and you think, "this team is huge and full of athletes.". Then the game starts and a different team shows up. To me.... it just seems to start at the top but that's just one person's opinon. It just looks like the size, the talent, and the ability are there.

Good jobs Cats. Enjoy the open week. Good luck to MC here on out.

Edited by NoDoubt