Greenbrier vs. Marshall County

hudsonj

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Another big test for the young Bobcats. Marshall County always has outstanding athletes and good team speed. This year appears to be no different. Greenbrier must contain the "Big Play".

Good luck to both teams.

You know, that seems to be their overall team philosophy. Don't give up the big play, make the offense be very consistent, and hopefully they will make mistakes. Now, that is fine in theory, but a sound offense will grind it out and beat you with time of possession.

You know, that seems to be their overall team philosophy. Don't give up the big play, make the offense be very consistent, and hopefully they will make mistakes. Now, that is fine in theory, but a sound offense will grind it out and beat you with time of possession.

This is the exact approach that the Cats have used for the last 3 years to win these games. The last time MC beat Greenbrier was on 4 big plays that took little time and covered a lot of field. But all 4 scored TDs. I believe GBs key to this one will be in getting first downs and keeping field position. Too many 3's and out on a short field could get ugly.

I think my boys from the MC are going to run over the Bobcats. Marshall County is extremely talented and those boys are close just like a family(espicially the juniors). I wish both thems luck. But Marshall County is going to win this game.

Also I read that Coach Johnson was using O'neal as the quaterback. When did this happen? I made it to the season opener and Jake was the quaterback.

GO TIGERS!!!!!!!!!!!!

This is the exact approach that the Cats have used for the last 3 years to win these games. The last time MC beat Greenbrier was on 4 big plays that took little time and covered a lot of field. But all 4 scored TDs. I believe GBs key to this one will be in getting first downs and keeping field position. Too many 3's and out on a short field could get ugly.

If you remember Greenbriar came into that game thinking they had made it to Marshall Co.'s level. They were the next year but couldn't make the big play the first year.

I think my boys from the MC are going to run over the Bobcats. Marshall County is extremely talented and those boys are close just like a family(espicially the juniors). I wish both thems luck. But Marshall County is going to win this game.

Also I read that Coach Johnson was using O'neal as the quaterback. When did this happen? I made it to the season opener and Jake was the quaterback.

GO TIGERS!!!!!!!!!!!!

#4 Cavalla O'Neal started at quarterback for the first time last week against Creek Wood. Marshall better prepare to stop the run on defense because that's been their downfall when they lose games and no team knows that better than Greenbrier (who ran all over Marshall last year in a 20-14 win in Lewisburg).

Marshall better prepare to stop the run on defense because that's been their downfall when they lose games and no team knows that better than Greenbrier (who ran all over Marshall last year in a 20-14 win in Lewisburg).

No one knows this better that the coaching staff at MC. The Tigers played a strong Creekwod team tough on defense, and it paid off. Hopefully, they will be up to the task again this week. MC held Creekwood to under 170 yards of total offense with <100 rushing. I think #4 had 80 yards rushing, and the rest of the team made up the rest.

Let's step up Tigers and go get 'em!

I haven't seen Greenbrier play, but saw Marshall play at home in week zero against a solid Sycamore team. The Tigers lost 27-20, but it really wasn't that close for most of the game. They turned it over 3 times in the 1st half in that game, so they are very susceptible to the turnover bug(especially Hightower; he desperately needs to work on securing the ball). Their offense looked strong at times, but they'd get a nice drive going and then have a mental lapse or turn it over. I doubt Greenbrier will be able to stop Don'ta Hightower, but they can slow him if they can limit him from getting through the first line into the secondary, because he will wear out their backers and DB's in a hurry (he's a very very big boy). If Cavalla O'neal is now playing QB they are going to be even tougher to defend because he was a dangerous weapon as a receiver and runner when I saw him. However, Greenbrier has nice tradition, they have a lot of pride, and they are coming off a win, so they will be tough to beat at home even if they are a little down. I expect a tight game. If Marshall County doesn't give it away like they did against Sycamore they should win, but if Greenbrier can get a couple turnovers it could go the other way just as easy.