Smith County 28-0 over Trousdale in the 4th...

steelcityroller

I didn't see any trout...but I did see a crawdad a kid caught...cute little thing...

There was a little water in the creek...but it was looking a little stagnant...

You better come see me when you come to the SC game...it's homecoming...better get there early...

Well, the creek water isn't the only thing stagnant in "troutdale" lately!!LOL

As for the handshake thing, I didn't witness that, so I can't comment on a reason, if indeed

it did happen. That is not like Clint. As for the score being ran up. That isn't the case. We

were as much responsible for the score being what it was as SC.

It has always been my belief that it is the defense's job to keep the score down.

The Owls played a good solid game, executed well, and we didn't, too many mistakes & turnovers.

Good luck vs. York

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, the creek water isn't the only thing stagnant in "troutdale" lately!!LOL

As for the handshake thing, I didn't witness that, so I can't comment on a reason, if indeed

it did happen. That is not like Clint. As for the score being ran up. That isn't the case. We

were as much responsible for the score being what it was as SC.

It has always been my belief that it is the defense's job to keep the score down.

The Owls played a good solid game, executed well, and we didn't, too many mistakes & turnovers.

Good luck vs. York

I agree that it is the job of the defense to keep the score down. Some coaches opt not to score more when the game is virtually over. Some opt to leave the 1st team in and score and much as possible. Some refuse to shake hands. I think we know which is which.

It did happen. I really don't know why. You'll have to ask your coach. He should have given Maynord a hug for not embarrassing his team...like he did us last year.

SC did play a solid game. TC did not lose because of turnovers or mistakes. They lost because they were totally outmanned in strength and speed...especially speed. I don't ever remember that being the case in this series.

With all that said...good luck to TC the rest of the season. I am sure you will improve as the year progresses. I will leave you with this. You do know that if FC can run it up on you...they definitely will. It will be interesting to see how your coach handles that one...if indeed it does happen.

I agree that it is the job of the defense to keep the score down. Some coaches opt not to score more when the game is virtually over. Some opt to leave the 1st team in and score and much as possible. Some refuse to shake hands. I think we know which is which.

It did happen. I really don't know why. You'll have to ask your coach. He should have given Maynord a hug for not embarrassing his team...like he did us last year.

SC did play a solid game. TC did not lose because of turnovers or mistakes. They lost because they were totally outmanned in strength and speed...especially speed. I don't ever remember that being the case in this series.

With all that said...good luck to TC the rest of the season. I am sure you will improve as the year progresses. I will leave you with this. You do know that if FC can run it up on you...they definitely will. It will be interesting to see how your coach handles that one...if indeed it does happen.

Aint'one

FC would settle for a 1 point victory and be glad to get it against TC. As for running up the score on 1A teams Smith Co seems to pride itself in that much like Knox Catholic does against lil small town 2A programs.

Too bad you guys can't play Goodpasture, CPA, or another good 2A private. I'd like to see how that multiplier works out for those rural public schools when they get to face them versus playing all those 1A publics. Now that might be a real case of running up the score.

TC and Clint will remember last Friday and there will be a reckoning day in the next 2-3 years!

Aint'one

FC would settle for a 1 point victory and be glad to get it against TC. As for running up the score on 1A teams Smith Co seems to pride itself in that much like Knox Catholic does against lil small town 2A programs.

Too bad you guys can't play Goodpasture, CPA, or another good 2A private. I'd like to see how that multiplier works out for those rural public schools when they get to face them versus playing all those 1A publics. Now that might be a real case of running up the score.

TC and Clint will remember last Friday and there will be a reckoning day in the next 2-3 years!

VolzchampstnsdeveloperVolman16orangecrush,

They can remember that we didn't run it up on them just like we didn't run it up on you. We have played Goodpasture...have you? We played Catholic...do you? :lol:

We don't run it up on anybody. 76-6 give me a break. We led JC 33-0 one play into the 2nd. We could have scored 76...just like we could have put 60 on TC. We don't do that...do you? Yeah...Catholic ran it up to 23.

Clint will have that one to remember...because he likely will not get another chance to play us.

Hey...I've got an idea. Why don't you take their place on our schedule? I promise we won't run it up on you any worse than we did before. :lol:

Edited by Antwan

Aint'one

FC runs it up any chance they get man. You do not put up 76 by acceident. In my years of playing, we never put up more that 55 points on a team. Since as long as I can remember, SC has not been one to run up the score. Even against the little school across the river. There have been years where it could have gotten ugly, real quick, take note last year. The score was not pretty, but it could have been worse. But instead, it was kept respectable. Why would you want to embarrass some team?

I don't know if they shook hands but they definitely talked after the game because i witnessed that. As for SC i have tons of respect for your program and enjoy the rivalry win or lose but if you choose to drop us thats fine. It doesn't make alot of sense but its fine with me. I think it's a pretty good gate for both teams. As far as FCS running it up on us thats fine with me if thats what they want to do. If we can't stop them thats our fault not theres. I can't stand all these bleeding hearts on here talking about running up the score. Good luck to the owls i hope you go all the way to murfreesboro.

I don't know if they shook hands but they definitely talked after the game because i witnessed that. As for SC i have tons of respect for your program and enjoy the rivalry win or lose but if you choose to drop us thats fine. It doesn't make alot of sense but its fine with me. I think it's a pretty good gate for both teams. As far as FCS running it up on us thats fine with me if thats what they want to do. If we can't stop them thats our fault not theres. I can't stand all these bleeding hearts on here talking about running up the score. Good luck to the owls i hope you go all the way to murfreesboro.

I think it is a real possibility our brief rekindling of a great series is over. You have to learn to win and lose gracefully. Nobody likes to get drilled. Nobody likes to lose 41-7 or 35-0. You have to handle yourself as an adult. One head coach did...one head coach didn't. I think you need our gate more than we need yours.

You can call me a bleeding heart if you want...but running up the score for no reason is bush league. There is no reason to embarrass an undermanned team. There are ways to keep the score down. You saw it last Friday...and SC had a reason to put it on you. I...for one...hope the series continues. I have expressed that many times since we started playing again. I have done nothing but defend your coach and team the last 5 years. I do have great respect for what you have accomplished. I guess the bottom line is...if you choose to run it up on teams...you had better be ready for retaliation. You had better handle it right...or get ready to be blasted on here.

Edited by Antwan

FC runs it up any chance they get man. You do not put up 76 by acceident. In my years of playing, we never put up more that 55 points on a team. Since as long as I can remember, SC has not been one to run up the score. Even against the little school across the river. There have been years where it could have gotten ugly, real quick, take note last year. The score was not pretty, but it could have been worse. But instead, it was kept respectable. Why would you want to embarrass some team?

I think the Kitties showed their class against RBS this year.

Coach Dillard is a good guy. How bad could they have won that game?

Let the handshake topic die. It is over and will be worked out!

FC, SC will have an open date next year, give us a call. Week 0, 3, 5, 7, 9.

The same offer was made 2 years ago, and you declined.

The offer to scrimmage was made and you declined.

The offer to work together was made and you declined.

Put up or shut-up!