Smith County 28-0 over Trousdale in the 4th...

steelcityroller

Let the handshake topic die. It is over and will be worked out!

FC, SC will have an open date next year, give us a call. Week 0, 3, 5, 7, 9.

The same offer was made 2 years ago, and you declined.

The offer to scrimmage was made and you declined.

The offer to work together was made and you declined.

Put up or shut-up!

The pride has spoken again. I guess it is too far for them to travel. :thumb:

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think the Kitties showed their class against RBS this year.

Coach Dillard is a good guy. How bad could they have won that game?

Amen....Antwan Also I would like to add SC & GV dont come in here and humilate a team after they have beaten them. We do it to each other because we live in the same county. Most are friends, co workers, fishing & hunting buddies. But this tradition dont leave the county addressing other teams. We are accused of cheap shots at times. Thats because we play physical football and sometimes it slips. Due to kids playing at such a hyped up level. Its not taught by the coaches. Trust me the coaches install in the teams to show class. The coaches are doing their jobs, leading by example.

Let the handshake topic die. It is over and will be worked out!

FC, SC will have an open date next year, give us a call. Week 0, 3, 5, 7, 9.

The same offer was made 2 years ago, and you declined.

The offer to scrimmage was made and you declined.

The offer to work together was made and you declined.

Put up or shut-up!

Thanks for the invite but we are full already.

I'll pass this onto the A.D.'s at Goodpasture, Lipscomb, CPA, JP II, DCA, Brentwood Academy, etc. I'm sure they would relish the opprtunity to play a school so willing to work with others like SC. But then I'm sure you guys probably use that caller i.d. in your a.d.'s office to screen calls from those programs. What with your record against those programs.

Maybe we can still petition the TSSAA BOC to move SC into class 1A so they can actually compete in the playoffs. But wait, you guys used to play privates in the playoffs didn't you. I think last year you hosted Boyd (lost), played Knox Catholic twice (lost twice) and I know in the past you guys were always going 10-0 and 9-1 when Rankin coached only to get spanked by Brentwood Academy or Lipscomb in the playoffs.

Face it SCPride and Ain't one, you guys only wanna play 1A opponents and maybe a Knox Catholic in your non-region games. Step up schedule some of these bigger privates and see how you fare. We've been playing the DCA's, CPA's, BGA's and Boyd's for the past 20 years. The only time you schedule them is come playoff time and your records vs. privates in the playoffs speaks for itself.

As for playing against FC why would we want to schedule another team from SC when we already (annually) play the only program in your county to ever win a GOLD BALL? We play them every year and more than hold our own. As far as people in Tennessee High school football know, Gordonsville is the only "program" in Smith Co. who has proven on the field and not in the message boards that they are truly worthy of the title "champs" (see their gold ball from 84)! Unfortunately ours is only silver (see baseball 2004). But we're working on fixing that. Where's yours? I'll tell you. It is in the trophy cases at Alcoa, Goodpasture, Lipscomb, ad Brentwood Academy. If you want it, call them and see if they:

1). Have open dates week 0, 3,5,7,9. I'm sure they'd love to see you guys.

2). I'm sure they'd love that "big gate" :o

3). I'm sure they would love the scrimmage (much like White House did)

4). I'm sure they would love to work with you guys, since you have been so good to help all the privates out and all.

Put up or shut up ! Indeed! They'll be in touch real soon! :)

Edited by Volzchamps

I'll pass this onto the A.D.'s at Goodpasture, Lipscomb, CPA, JP II, DCA, Brentwood Academy, etc. I'm sure they would relish the opprtunity to play a school so willing to work with others like SC. But then I'm sure you guys probably use that caller i.d. in your a.d.'s office to screen calls from those programs. What with your record against those programs.

Maybe we can still petition the TSSAA BOC to move SC into class 1A so they can actually compete in the playoffs. But wait, you guys used to play privates in the playoffs didn't you. I think last year you hosted Boyd (lost), played Knox Catholic twice (lost twice) and I know in the past you guys were always going 10-0 and 9-1 when Rankin coached only to get spanked by Brentwood Academy or Lipscomb in the playoffs.

Face it SCPride and Ain't one, you guys only wanna play 1A opponents and maybe a Knox Catholic in your non-region games. Step up schedule some of these bigger privates and see how you fare. We've been playing the DCA's, CPA's, BGA's and Boyd's for the past 20 years. The only time you schedule them is come playoff time and your records vs. privates in the playoffs speaks for itself.

As for playing against FC why would we want to schedule another team from SC when we already (annually) play the only program in your county to ever win a GOLD BALL? We play them every year and more than hold our own. As far as people in Tennessee High school football know, Gordonsville is the only "program" in Smith Co. who has proven on the field and not in the message boards that they are truly worthy of the title "champs" (see their gold ball from 84)! Unfortunately ours is only silver (see baseball 2004). But we're working on fixing that. Where's yours? I'll tell you. It is in the trophy cases at Alcoa, Goodpasture, Lipscomb, ad Brentwood Academy. If you want it, call them and see if they:

2). I'm sure they'd love that "big gate" :o

4). I'm sure they would love to work with you guys, since you have been so good to help all the privates out and all.

Put up or shut up ! Indeed! They'll be in touch real soon! :)

We've never played Lipscomb or BA in the playoffs. We've played BGA several times...have you? Do you know anything? Catholic may be better than all of them. As for White House...we always have good work with them. We beat them last year...they beat us this year. That means nothing. We tried to play DL...CPA among others. I guess they were full too.

It looks like shut up to me...pride. :o

Edited by Antwan

I think the Kitties showed their class against RBS this year.

Coach Dillard is a good guy. How bad could they have won that game?

I wouldn't know. I was not at the game, but I'm sure it could have been worse. I like Coach D too, but sometimes, I feel like Gordonsville needs a coach outside of the system, that knows nothing about Smith County football.

2). I'm sure they'd love that "big gate" :lol:

Put up or shut up ! Indeed! They'll be in touch real soon! :o

Dude your funny!!! :lol::thumb:

2). I'm sure they'd love that "big gate" :thumb:

Put up or shut up ! Indeed! They'll be in touch real soon! :lol:

dude, seriously. Gordonsville's gold Ball is almost older than me, by about 3 months. Yeah, Gordonsville has had to freaking awesome teams, but thats no reason to live off of their legacy. And why wouldn't you want to play the better team in SC? Its been proven in the past few years they are better than Gordonsville. And Davidson Academy won the state is DII- 1A, its an accomplishment, but half the teams in DI-1A could do the same, get off your high horse.

This year, the only private school you play is Ezell and DA, with a combined record of of 3-3. Not that impressive.

You played bot Ezell and DA last year as well.

2 years ago, it was FRA(5-6), Nashville Christian(5-6), and JPII(which you guys got hammered, 7-4) and you played Boyd too, but that was in the playoffs, so that one doesnt count.

I thought u said u played DCA, CPA, and BGA? as well as Lipscomb and BA? I havent seen any of those teams.

I think it is a real possibility our brief rekindling of a great series is over. You have to learn to win and lose gracefully. Nobody likes to get drilled. Nobody likes to lose 41-7 or 35-0. You have to handle yourself as an adult. One head coach did...one head coach didn't. I think you need our gate more than we need yours.

You can call me a bleeding heart if you want...but running up the score for no reason is bush league. There is no reason to embarrass an undermanned team. There are ways to keep the score down. You saw it last Friday...and SC had a reason to put it on you. I...for one...hope the series continues. I have expressed that many times since we started playing again. I have done nothing but defend your coach and team the last 5 years. I do have great respect for what you have accomplished. I guess the bottom line is...if you choose to run it up on teams...you had better be ready for retaliation. You had better handle it right...or get ready to be blasted on here.

Twan i've always respected your posts and thought that you talk logically but to say that we need your gate worse than you do is crazy. Do you come to all the hartsville games? We always have good crowds no matter who we play. Sure SC is a big one but it's big for both. As for coaches with class i don't know coach Maynord but no doubt he is a great coach. I do know Clint personally and he's a class act and there's no doubt in my mind that he has anything against Maynord or SC for that matter. Thanks for defending us but i see no reason to have to. Sure you might could have scored more friday but you didn't. If you had've you wouldn't hear me cryin. But there is a diffrence in SC and TC. It is easier not to run it up when you have 80 kids and when you have 25. That was what people didn't understand last year. We weren't trying to run up the score last year on the weaker teams but with 25 kids there is only so much subbing you can do. Like i said earlier best of luck to the owls i hope you go far.

Twan i've always respected your posts and thought that you talk logically but to say that we need your gate worse than you do is crazy. Do you come to all the hartsville games? We always have good crowds no matter who we play. Sure SC is a big one but it's big for both. As for coaches with class i don't know coach Maynord but no doubt he is a great coach. I do know Clint personally and he's a class act and there's no doubt in my mind that he has anything against Maynord or SC for that matter. Thanks for defending us but i see no reason to have to. Sure you might could have scored more friday but you didn't. If you had've you wouldn't hear me cryin. But there is a diffrence in SC and TC. It is easier not to run it up when you have 80 kids and when you have 25. That was what people didn't understand last year. We weren't trying to run up the score last year on the weaker teams but with 25 kids there is only so much subbing you can do. Like i said earlier best of luck to the owls i hope you go far.

I just have to ask. Where was your HOME crowd at Friday night? Did you happen to look across the way in the SC stands. I had to sit on the TC side and there was plenty of room. No way no how do you have compare with Livingston Academy, Gordonsville, Macon County, or York.

I think you are wrong about that...my friend. We are usually your biggest gate. Sometimes Macon has been (in their wonder year). I do think you need that money. If you don't think so...I am surprised. You don't usually have that many on the home side. I have been to a lot of your games. I saw you play Portland and LA a couple of years ago. You did not have a good turnout.

Look who you play now. Most of those 1a teams don't bring enough to cover the parents. Your home games this year are Watertown...SC...Clay Co....Mt. Juliet Christian...and RBS. You tell me if you needed us this year. I'll go farther than that. I would bet we brought double the crowd of all the others combined. You name the wager.

Edited by Antwan