USJ@MILAN

bulldoggfan

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sorry, but USJ`s poor play has nothing to do with moving up. They are just having a low tide right now. There have been many very good players at the school. For you to say otherwise proves you really don`t know too much. I think most all fans would agree with that. If you don`t like USJ because they are a private school (which is pretty obvious) it is one thing, but there have been lots of good players there over the years.

USJ won`t win this game. I think Milan`s beat down from CC really woke them up. And that`s a good thing for Milan because they are my favorite to win this region. USJ is just down. But they are still competitive. I recall last year they gave Milan a bit of a scare. I think Milan will roll this year. They got their butt handed to them early on and that`s not something that is expected in Milan. The Bulldogs are a focused team now.

USJ has had some great players over the years, but I kind of see what the Milan fans are getting at. The Jackson Sun did show USJ more love than anybody else when it came to football. USJ has a great program, but The Sun was portraying them to be the best in West Tennessee in a lot of Milan fan's eyes. So, I guess the Jackson Sun created that monster, and now that USJ is in that region they are hearing about it now. They will bounce back, but as long as they are in 7-2A they wont dominate like they used too. And thats what MIlan fans used to say "if they were in this region it would be different" . Milan's resume speaks for itself, they are the best program in West Tennessee.

play some D-II or Memphis area Private schools then lets talk about talent and whether or not these AA teams are any good, b/c i used to play at USJ back in 2002 when they went 13-1 and then i transfered to CBHS and the level of competition in DII is significantly more difficult

Comparing talent from a town of 7500 people vs. the "elite" from Memphis is not exactly apples to apples. Having said that, Milan has beaten MUS before and they certainly aren't afraid to play them again if the opportunity comes around again.

I"ll say this. Milan should be good enough the next 4 years that they would give those privates from Memphis all they wanted from a "2A" school.

I know alot of people hate USJ. And I share that to some extent but I really don't care that much anymore. Alot of my feeling towards USJ stem from a few of the run ins I've had with them. When we got off the bus last year their fans and parents told us to go back to the "ghetto" and I won't say the exact words or phrases but basically called us trash. Then they had the guts to tell us they we're gonna show us all about some football. The players were talking the same way for a few plays until they got put on their backs.

Does anyone remember in 99 when milan and usj were both playing for the state title in their respective classes. usj got the living daylights beat out them and they had a huge right up on the front page while we beat portland and had a paragraph somewhere in the back. So yes I think alot of what people feel is created by the good ole jackson sun which looked at times more like the USJ school paper than the one that covers Jackson and all of west tn.

I know alot of people hate USJ. And I share that to some extent but I really don't care that much anymore. Alot of my feeling towards USJ stem from a few of the run ins I've had with them. When we got off the bus last year their fans and parents told us to go back to the "ghetto" and I won't say the exact words or phrases but basically called us trash. Then they had the guts to tell us they we're gonna show us all about some football. The players were talking the same way for a few plays until they got put on their backs.

Does anyone remember in 99 when milan and usj were both playing for the state title in their respective classes. usj got the living daylights beat out them and they had a huge right up on the front page while we beat portland and had a paragraph somewhere in the back. So yes I think alot of what people feel is created by the good ole jackson sun which looked at times more like the USJ school paper than the one that covers Jackson and all of west tn.

Amen to that. Anyone who wins a state title should be Front Page sports for an area newspaper...I don't care where they're from.

Comparing talent from a town of 7500 people vs. the "elite" from Memphis is not exactly apples to apples. Having said that, Milan has beaten MUS before and they certainly aren't afraid to play them again if the opportunity comes around again.

I"ll say this. Milan should be good enough the next 4 years that they would give those privates from Memphis all they wanted from a "2A" school.

I don't think you want any part of any of the DII schools (Memphis or anywhere else), just go ask the publics from KY and MS (and TN) how they fared against them this year or in the past. Don't get me wrong, Milan has great tradition and is a great AA school, but you don't want to go down that road. I fully expect this post to get plenty of public vs. private and recruiting rhetoric, go ahead and call the DII's, USJ, JCS, etc. cheaters, recruiters, and the like. Then we can go the Public vs. Private board and do it.

I don't think you want any part of any of the DII schools (Memphis or anywhere else), just go ask the publics from KY and MS (and TN) how they fared against them this year or in the past. Don't get me wrong, Milan has great tradition and is a great AA school, but you don't want to go down that road. I fully expect this post to get plenty of public vs. private and recruiting rhetoric, go ahead and call the DII's, USJ, JCS, etc. cheaters, recruiters, and the like. Then we can go the Public vs. Private board and do it.

While I certainly respect your opinion, I would take my chances with the 99' Bulldogs against those teams. There is another 99' team coming through Milan High very soon.

While I certainly respect your opinion, I would take my chances with the 99' Bulldogs against those teams. There is another 99' team coming through Milan High very soon.

As I yours. But I don't think we don't need to get into past teams of schools. While I agree that Milan's 99 team was a great one, I still think that they would struggle against DII teams past or present. The difference of DII teams is that they have depth, lots of it. Kids that don't even play for them would start or contribute a great deal to other schools.