Peabody vs Humboldt

turkey

Peabody 28

Humboldt 20

Peabody will pound it with 3-4 backs who can break it.

Humboldt has the best player. I don't think either of the defenses will look very good. Playoff berth to the winner unless USJ upsets someone or the winner of this one falls down the road. Good luck to both teams on a healthy outcome. Hope that everyone acts the way you are supposed to. There will be lots of innocent fans there, including young folks who are there to cheer for their school.

i think this will be a VERY close game 35-34 humboldt winning...peabody is underestimated a little and humboldt IS good this year so it'll be close good luck to both teams <_<

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

humboldt wins 21-20 in OT...great game to both teams...this game was a nailbiter...going into the 4th quarter the score was 14-0 peabody...humboldt never gave up and fought to send it to OT tied at 14-14...humboldt got the ball first and scored on a keith wardlow keeper and the kick was good...made it 21-14...peabody scored on a kendal harper (QB) scamper on 4th down i believe and missed the XP...great game to both teams but even a better game for the vikings...they never gave up and fought through it

Key Stats: Matt Pritchard (humboldt) blocked punt and recovered it on peabody's 15...humboldt scored a few plays later

Keith Wardlow (humboldt) had 2 TD rushes in the 4th quarter

AD had the other

Darrell Boyd (punter for Humboldt) had 4 punts for an avg of 38 yards and at one time pinned the tide on their own 4 yd line

Offensive line did a great job for blocking for both of these 2...defense showed up in the 4th quarter and didn't let them score anymore until OT...again a great win for Humboldt to move up to 1st place in the region...congrats to all of the other teams that won in region 7-2A also

Edited by frankieD12

Peabody 28

Humboldt 20

Peabody will pound it with 3-4 backs who can break it.

Humboldt has the best player. I don't think either of the defenses will look very good. Playoff berth to the winner unless USJ upsets someone or the winner of this one falls down the road. Good luck to both teams on a healthy outcome. Hope that everyone acts the way you are supposed to. There will be lots of innocent fans there, including young folks who are there to cheer for their school.

This was a great post all the way around. Let's recap

1) While Peabody did give it to 3-4 guys, none "broke it".

2) Both defenses did a great job. It was a 7-0 game at the half and 14-14 at the end of regulation.

3) Both sides' fans did a great job cheering on their team and then congratulating both for a good high school football game at the end.

4) I'd like to add that while Donald was the best "football player" on the field Friday night, Josh Holt was the best player in this game. He had to have at least 10 tackles (it seemed like 30 - was he in on EVERY play?), plus they gave him the ball 6-8 times for some punishing short gains. This kid will play college football if he so desires.

This region is going to be fun. Huntingdon, Milan, and Humboldt with no losses in region yet. I think Dresden is done with Hewitt out fo the year. Toss in Westview and Peabody and you have five teams for four spots - sorry to the USJ and GC fans - just hope you win the match-up against each other in two weeks.

Great high school football game. Milan/Humboldt and Peabody/Huntingdon provide the big games in week 6. I can't decide where to go - glad there's two weeks to think about it.

You people must be crazy Humboldt is in an whole other league than Trenton. Imma tell ya what going to happen Trenton will come out all pumped up and then Humboldt will score one time or get a stop on D and the game will turn into a showcase for Humboldt. Point blank.

Imma thinking some people might have been taking ole Peabody a little lightly...Imma tell ya what happened...Sounds like Trenton came out all pumped,scared the Vikes a bit...The Vikes hid in a hole till Peabody's coaching staff made a bone-head mistake and let the Vikes off the mat...Imma wonderin...What league would the Vikes be in iffin they aint in Peabody's??....

21-20 in OT...Sounds like they in a league pretty much together....But you go on with ya bad self Legend.... :thumb:

Edited by backinthaoc

What a heartbreaker for Peabody. After this week I would have to say Milan is the class of region 7aa . If hUntingdon can get well they will still finish #2 . Humboldt must beat Gibson Co. and USJ to secure a playoff berth. Somebody will get upset its just too early to say for sure. Maybe Humboldt or Peabody beats Huntingdon or Usj knocks off HUmboldt or Westview. I think GC and Dresden may be done for this year. Usj will beat someone they are not supposed to and Milan runs the table.

I would like to think we'll run the table. And I think we'r the most talented team. We've got a huge O line and one of our best at Milan and alot of speed and depth at the skill positions, though we haven't played great competition we've only given up 1 2nd string touchdown in the last 3 games. BUT...Humboldt and Huntingdon. I think we're the better team but as we know all to well the better team doesn't always win the game. I'm just saying we're not counting our eggs before they hatch.

i agree that milan will win this reagion...this game was one of the best ive seen....alot of kids made some big plays. i look for trenton to be the team to be beaten next year but for this year its milans.....i think the week 7 match up with huntingdon will determine the winner of this region... humboldt will come in at number three...westview i believe will pull out number four and dresden will take the five spot with gibson co and usj bringin up there rear.....

theres some great football to come in the next weeks :D

to be honest...i believe that humboldt and milan have pretty much the same talent...big offensive line...both averaging 275 lbs...i think that's what i heard earlier in the summer...both have great speed and strength...both have really good skill position players especially in the backfield...just letting yall know not to count out humboldt and place them at number 3 already...but 6 more weeks to go...we'll see how it goes :blink: o and don't get me wrong...trenton has a good team this year...but you can not compare the two teams cause if humboldt had the same fire for the whole as they did in the 4th quarter then that game wouldn't have been so close