FAYETTE ACADEMY VS. JCS

JTRIM

Ill take Fayette by two touchdowns. Fayette is too good up front on both sides of the ball. JCS has a slight advantage by having a more seasoned QB but that really wont matter cause he cant throw from his butt cause the Vikings will be in his face ALL night. Kennedy has done a brilliant job with this program. He comes from Millington where he coached Tyone Calico( played for the Titans ) and the Galloway kid that started at TB for Alabama. As for all the criticism of the coaches, just STOP>>> Let the kids play. Both of these teams are well - coached and will be prepared. Sometimes it is hard for the average fan to accept that some teams just have more talent. Bottom line: South Side has ALOT more talent "speed" that JCS. Bear Bryant could have been coaching that game and the outcome would probably have been the same.

Let the teams decide this thing tonight...... If you cant support your team in the right way, then just stay home and read about it on here or in the paper.

good post.

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's funny that you only mentioned that no coach could have made the difference in the South Side game- what about the DCA, USJ, and TCA games? Cohu or Lansdell would have had the boys more prepared, and JCS would have beat DCA- and USJ and TCA by more. I also honestly believe that JCS would have looked better against South Side, too- because the football team would have been playing-not the baeball team. The boys just don't look prepared at all. Poor game plans and poor execution. Plus taking your best senior team leaders off of the offensive side of the ball? I question if he really does want to win. From a kick off return that results in a TD to a fumble- he has the same emotion. The kids need energy. They need a football coach, not a baseball coach that works on baseball during football season. He may be a great man, but he's not a great football coach. Just ask the players if they fill prepared for games, are having fun this season, or even want to be there- if they are honest, they will all answer no.

wow...sounds like there are some unhappy folks on Country Club Lane.

Just ask the players if they fill prepared for games, are having fun this season, or even want to be there- if they are honest, they will all answer no.

And just what do they fill, the Gatorade jugs?

This is one of the reasons I stopped reading these boards. All you so-called fans and armchair quarterbacks kill me.

JCS has graduated a ton of talent the last two years. DCA was a great game with an stud at tailback, and Southside was just a better team. If you could not see that, you don't know football. Assistant coaches are promoted for a reason, they EARN it. Did you ever bother to ask who was responsible for that JCS defense the last few seasons?

The only way to have "fun" is to win. High School athletics ceases to be "fun" when people lose thier jobs over the outcome of those contests. If you don't want to work, quit. If you want to have "fun", go to the circus.

Edited by thebeave

Ballfan25...I have asked the players...2 of them live with me...they are happy with Stewart...as I said before it is easy to be critical when you can hide behind a screen name...

VOL GEN...the people on Country Club are fine...we like many teams have someone in the stands who thinks he has all the answers...you have been around football enough to have seen the type at the 2 schools you follow...JCM and USJ...I also respect your posts and know you have seen these types of blazing posts by fans from all schools who do not represent the whole...

Ballfan25 as for the senior ofensive player...he took himself out of the game...not the coach...Cohu and Lansdell are great coaches...and great freinds of mine...but the DCA and South Side were both lost on the field...DCA had a brusing back that our defense couldn't stop...no coach would have prepared them enough to have stopped him...look at our Union City game last year in the playoffs...Cohu and Lansdell were coaching those games...and we didn't stop the run those nights either... South Side was just better... and we turned the ball over 6 times...coaches don't get to takecare of the ball or tackle...as for USJ and TCA...as I recall we won both of those games...

Now with that out of the way...wow what a game...congrats to FA...great team...it was a classic that went to the wire...what High School football is all about...I think we may get the chance to see these two teams again later in the season...hope it lives up to the same standard...

Edited by JaxMan