Alcoa's Kyrus Lanxter commits to West Virginia

OS91

He would have gone to Vandy insteaf if his decision was purely on academics.

Also, WVU's 26 Rhodes Scholars ( you do know what a Rhodes Scholar is, right? :lol: ) which is ranks WVU top 8 of universities would not find your joke funny. :thumb:

Edited by OS91

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Just for the record, I am a UT alum ( under grad). However, I am a life long WVU fan and very close to the Mountaineer athletics. That being said, I'm a big UT fan except when WVU has played UT in basketball in the past.

That beind said, as another poster pointed out, our Maryville Rebel fan is on record as stating UT never offered a scholarship to Kyrus. However, if we were going to drink this kool-aid, why does all evidence conflict with REB?. Scout.Com and and Unapproved Website all have UT offering a scholarship. Kyrus openly talks about the UT offer.

Also, even a spokesman for TNpreps.com ( I believe) did an interview with WVUSports.com today. In this interview, he touched base on UT's offer. He stated Kyrus wanted to get away from home as reasoning for selecting WVU over Louisville and Tennessee.

I know this is becoming a dead horse, but why doesn't Rebel reveal how he knows UT never offered and give his opinion on why so many other people, web sites, and media are wrong and he is right? Adiditonally, why does't he reveal reasoning for why Kyrus would fabricate an offer when discussing this with the media?

Call me an idiot, but it looks like you are the one that is playing in left field ( without a glove) throwing a temper tantrum. Congrats! Maybe we should give you a high chair, bottle, and bib with a laptop to post with from now on. :thumb:

LOL.........you are too funny. A temper tandrum?.... :lol: Oh well....believe what you want but you are wrong. The personal attacks from you support the idiot remark but that's OK....been down that road with the unknowing plenty of times.

Congrats on Kyrus... Go watch a film and see if you can figure out the issues. I'm not talking about a highlight film. Then maybe you can understand why the exclusions. Kyrus is a solid athlete and has a chance to be an outstanding college receiver. Good luck to him at WV. Rodrigues is a heck of a coach..

Very weak responses Reb.

Weak?....just the facts my friend. Pleae tell me how the TRUTH is weak? You can believe them or not ....don't really care and in the end it doesn't matter. I in no way would post my sources in a public forum. Call it weak if you want but it isn't going to happen. As a matter of fact many Alcoa fans will back up the fact that UT had not offered Kyrus yet and most likely were not going to.

You recruiting freaks take the rivals and other recruiting services to heart and fill their pockets with money. It is a business and they are in it to feed rabid fans such as the WV fan information regardless of the validity of it.

Let me give you an example..... Only a couple of years ago a facticious player was made up with attractive credentials. It was submitted to rivals and the following week this player was a 4 star recruit. College coaches were calling the number and Rivals even had him as a lean to Illinois. This highschool player was just a figment of someones imagination....didn't even exist.

This will be my final post on this subject. I wish the best to Kyrus and hope to see him on Sunday some day if that is his desires.

Here is what we do know. Kyrus is a legitimate Division One player with numerous Division One offers.

So, to throw some Rivals story of a player that never exsisted in hopes it gives your opinions a little respect and merit is comical and SEARCHING.

Lets Touch base on erroneous posts and situations for a minute:

HOw do we know you haven' made erroneous assertions? Also, have you honestly read what you have been posting? I case you haven't figured out, let me assist you on what everyone is thinking after reading your posts on how you are "secretly in the know" on this subject.

This is what you sound like:

" I have a friend of a friend of a friend that walks Coach Fulmers dog on Monday aned Friday" or " or I am the " Burger King Drive Thru manager" that Coach Fulmer come through sometimes"?

You should have resigned last night when you had a chance.

Edited by OS91

I'm tired of this UT crap. It doesn't matter if they offered or didn't as of right now. The fact is he said hes going to WV and thats it. Congrats to Kyrus.

I very much hope UT gets Sykes. He has the ability to be one of the top DE's in the country at the college level. But I have a feeling that he'll be a Tiger or a Seminole. I wouldn't count out Georgia either. But who I really want is Chris Donald. He could start by his sophmore year. Another to keep an eye on is Eric Berry. A speedy corner from Georgia. He has family ties to UT so hopefully that will help.