JCM vs Munford

Yanker

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Here`s a recap....nothing much going on the 1st quarter except for some hard hitting. JCM then took control of the game scoring twice to take a 13-0 lead in the 2nd quarter and it looked like business as usual for JCM. However, JCM`s senior CB Billy Turner got hurt in the second quarter and was out for the rest of the game. Munford`s Madison threw about a 25 yard flea flicker to a reciever that had beaten Turner`s replacement beat by at least 5 yards. It was a good play and good pass. That was with less than a minute to go before half otherwise JCM is still up 13-0 at half. JCM marched right back down the field and got to the Munford 30 before throwing an interception inside the 5 yard line before half. At that point all still looked good.

The second half was a completely different story. Munford takes the opening kickoff and then runs the ball right down the field. I`m talkng 8,9,15 yards at a pop. they score to tie the game. After holding JCM Munford does the same thing again. I think their shortest run on that drive was 5 yards. Munford takes a 20-13 lead. JCM runs the ensuing kickoff back for a TD but missed the extra point. Then Munford once again runs the ball down JCM`s throat. to take a 26-19 lead. JCM then put together a nice drive and had the ball 2nd and goal at the 3 yard line but fell about 3 inches short on 4th down. 3plays and could not get 3 yards. Munford pretty much ran the clock out after that. They ended up punting around the 50 yard line with 16 seconds left on the clock, but the JCM return man mishandled the ball and Munford recovered and took a knee on the final play.

Courtney Madison had a few good runs and threw that flea flicker for a TD, but other than that it was Munfords other 2 rb`s that did a lot of the damage. Their big fullback killed us up the middle. I have no idea what happened to us on defense the 2nd half other than a complete breakdown. Worst showing by a JCM defense that I have seen in quite awhile. Hogsett was injured in the 3rd quarter and came out for a play, but he was pretty gimpy the rest of the way so I`m sure that did not help. Hat`s off to him though. He still played hard, but was just slowed by the injury. In fact the coach was not gonna put him back in but he went back onto the field on his own. That`s just the desire and determination he plays with.

Congrats to Munford. They played a really good game and are much improved over last year. I doubt they beat Henry County though. JCM still can play for the region title against Henry County, but in order to win they have to play an entire game. Our offense continues to get better imo. If our offense could have played like they are now against Germantown then JCM wins that game. Southside has to be licking their chops at the chance to knock JCM off next week.

Hey VG. Sorry to hear about the loss. I am surprised to say the least, especially that they just ran it down your throats! I didn't think that would be possible against your D. And how in the world did they make such a goal line stand?!?!? I guess it is just true, Munford is back in the mix and ready to play.

My hats off to Munford! HC had a heck of a game against Brighton. But anything can happen, we play at Munford in two weeks, but Liberty is up next.

Hey VG. Sorry to hear about the loss. I am surprised to say the least, especially that they just ran it down your throats! I didn't think that would be possible against your D. And how in the world did they make such a goal line stand?!?!? I guess it is just true, Munford is back in the mix and ready to play.

My hats off to Munford! HC had a heck of a game against Brighton. But anything can happen, we play at Munford in two weeks, but Liberty is up next.

I can`t explain it. I could see it maybe happening on a drive, but it was the entire second half. We could not stop the Munford running game. I think they threw the ball one time the second half. The pieces are all there for another region crown, but if we don`t put them together it will be a long night against Henry County.

Hey VG sorry to hear about the loss, but if you remember on another thread, I said Munford had a shot at the region title and you shot me down cold. Now what do you have to say about it? It seems all the transfers have taken over many of the original Munford players positions, which can cause problems with parents and players contentment. Maybe winning can keep the rumbling down and they can go far. But regardless, Munford is basically a whole new team this year from what I can see.