East Robertson at Jo Byrns

bigtuck4242

• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

(I'm just trying to keep this thread at the top of the list, not page 2 or 3)

Lets Go Jo Byrns!

The game everybody has been waiting for.

It will be a GREAT game!!

Is this ya'lls Homecoming game? (Jo Byrns)

No This is not Homecoming, coach knew there would already be a big crowd for this game, so he didnt want to waste the homecoming crowd on this game. We chose Forrest for homecoming because he figured that Forrest wouldnt be a huge crowd due to the fact that it is such a large travel, so to make up for Forrest not having a large crowd coach made it homecoming, so he would still bring a big gate. Just wanted to get that out there so, Forrest doesnt we chose them cuz we thought they was an easy win, because to tell the truth i thought they would be our hardest region game, but i guess not now.

Edited by bigtuck4242

No This is not Homecoming, coach knew there would already be a big crowd for this game, so he didnt want to waste the homecoming crowd on this game. We chose Forrest for homecoming because he figured that Forrest wouldnt be a huge crowd due to the fact that it is such a large travel, so to make up for Forrest not having a large crowd coach made it homecoming, so he would still bring a big gate. Just wanted to get that out there so, Forrest doesnt we chose them cuz we thought they was an easy win, because to tell the truth i thought they would be our hardest region game, but i guess not now.

:) still will be :rolleyes:

Some poeple think (and do) pick a cupcake team for homecoming, some for the reason you give (we travel pretty well but that sooooooooooo long!!) and some cause of fall break or other reasons. plus give the big home crowd a good game make them want to come back and not just the 1 game a year. JBS should win. Tico is Tico and Payne is tough. 22 is fast..real fast but JBS will take this one.

Practice hard this week Jo Byrns.

Like NeutralFan said, this may not be a region game, but you know BOTH sides will be playing like it were for the Gold Ball in the 'Boro.

Always a great game to watch. Hopefully alot of Robertson County fans can come out to this one. I know that Greenbrier plays Cheatam Co. at home; Springfield plays Hunterslane at Home for homecoming; WH Heritage plays in Kentucky.

Good Luck to all Robertson County teams this week.

And LETS GO JO BYRNS!!

Its rivalry time!!!! This game may not be a region game, and it may not affect whether these teams go to the playoffs or not, but dont tell that to any of the players, cuz if u ask them this is THE most important game of the year!!!!!

My early prediction(subject to change alittle):

East: 13

Jo Byrns 28

Man how much more true can that statement be!!! I mean we want to win every game of the year but this is the most important! I mean we have all grew up with each other, play ball against each other when we were little, baseball, football, you name it and we have played against each other and it is just so big to both teams, schools, communities, everything!!!! They are all a bunch of good guys over there in Adams and grew up in the country just like we did! So just call this the battle of the tobacco patches! Hey everyone of there in Adams, get them barns fired up when we come down cause nothing says football better than the smell of a baccer barn!!! Can't wait and good luck to everyone from Jo Byrns!

[Hey everyone of there in Adams, get them barns fired up when we come down cause nothing says football better than the smell of a baccer barn!!! Can't wait and good luck to everyone from Jo Byrns!

'Baccer Barn update...3 will be fired up before the game ;) .

I wish the other county teams had away games so the crowd will be that much bigger. Last years crowd was big, but the 2 biggest crowds I've seen at this game was my senior year, a 7-6 JB loss at East and 2 years before that was the biggest when Jo Byrns was the first (I think) team to beat East, 21-7, at their (ya'll's) new field. I didn't play that year, but that was a very hard hitting game and very cold. It was suppsed to be Chris Earheart vs. Curtis Woodard (I think), but it was 2 TD receptions by Clint Rawls that sealed the deal. Earheart did run over a ref on the way to the endzone, that was awsome!

Here is some homework for everyone this week...

1)What is the over all record for this rivalry? And I mean even before there was a Jo Byrns (Bell School) or East Robertson (Cross Plains).

2)Who would everyone call their all time greatest players? QB's, RB's, all around athletes. I can name Kevin Ashbranner (80's)(sorry if there is a miss-spell), Chris Earheart (90's), Terry Head (70's), Clint Rawls (90's), and my uncle R.C. Shepard (50's).

3)Best games. Last years was certainly the most interesting!

4)Biggest crowd. Are there any "official" ticket counts?

5)And finally, maybe the most controversial, best overall team from each team.

I gotta say '92-'95 was a good run for JB as well as 2000-2001.

Have fun with this and let's get the post count up on this one!

Everyone that is on CoachT needs to meet up Friday!

[Hey everyone of there in Adams, get them barns fired up when we come down cause nothing says football better than the smell of a baccer barn!!! Can't wait and good luck to everyone from Jo Byrns!

'Baccer Barn update...3 will be fired up before the game :lol: .

I wish the other county teams had away games so the crowd will be that much bigger. Last years crowd was big, but the 2 biggest crowds I've seen at this game was my senior year, a 7-6 JB loss at East and 2 years before that was the biggest when Jo Byrns was the first (I think) team to beat East, 21-7, at their (ya'll's) new field. I didn't play that year, but that was a very hard hitting game and very cold. It was suppsed to be Chris Earheart vs. Curtis Woodard (I think), but it was 2 TD receptions by Clint Rawls that sealed the deal. Earheart did run over a ref on the way to the endzone, that was awsome!

1)What is the over all record for this rivalry? And I mean even before there was a Jo Byrns (Bell School) or East Robertson (Cross Plains).

2)Who would everyone call their all time greatest players? QB's, RB's, all around athletes. I can name Kevin Ashbranner (80's)(sorry if there is a miss-spell), Chris Earheart (90's), Terry Head (70's), Clint Rawls (90's), and my uncle R.C. Shepard (50's).

I still think there will be a big crowd, but maybe not as big because of the other home games, especially Springfield Homecoming! As for your homework:

1. Not sure, but i think East dominated the early years, but lately it has been all Jo Byrns.

2. Bruce Crenshaw was a beast, and Clay Head was also very good!

3. Last years game was the best game i have witnessed.

4. I bet all in all if u count Friday night, and then the different ppl that came saturday night, last year had the most.

5. As for Jo Byrns best team, Last year was definately the most successful, and had the most dangerous offense, but 00-01 was also a very talented team!!!

'Baccer Barn update...3 will be fired up before the game :thumb: .

I have only been alive for so long but some good ones from East that i actually know about is...

James Cook

Curtis Woodard

Brad Flamm

Carlos Hudson

Kirk Swearingen

Ryan Hackney

Jimbo Rusin

Joey Phillips

Tico Andrews

'Baccer Barn update...3 will be fired up before the game :thumb: .

Oh yeah forgot to add bout the "baccer barns", appreciate that alot man! Even though we all hate each in a way, there is a love between all of us from Cross Plains and Adams that will never die!

I have only been alive for so long but some good ones from East that i actually know about is...

James Cook

Curtis Woodard

Brad Flamm

Carlos Hudson

Kirk Swearingen

Ryan Hackney

Jimbo Rusin

Joey Phillips

Tico Andrews

Oh yeah forgot to add bout the "baccer barns", appreciate that alot man! Even though we all hate each in a way, there is a love between all of us from Cross Plains and Adams that will never die!

The bacca barns will be fired up, trust me. Are u gonna play Hoop?