McCallie/Alcoa

mccalliesportsguy

FBEmeritus

No way Boyd beats Alcoa. CAK and Loudon were supposed to be the 2nd and 3rd best region teams. Alcoa beat them by a combined score of 105-14. Alcoa will roll in 2A unless Goodpasture and Westview is better than I thought.

McCallie will probably win. Any team that beats Riverdale and Brentwood Academy has to be pretty darn good.

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just an interesting observation for the McCallie vs Alcoa game:

Aug 25th - Alcoa lost @ Maryville 17-14.

Sept 8th - McCallie won @ Powell 31-6

Sept 15th - Maryville won @ Powell 45-7

Thats back-to-back weeks at the same field against the same team.

To me it looks like Maryville offensively might be a better team than McCallie?

Alcoa *might* give McCallie all they want @ Alcoa's Goddard field! thumb[1].gif

DI - 2A Public school -vs DII 3A Privite school......got love Alcoa's heart to play up!

You must remember that Maryville had like 4 startes suspendid for the Alcoa game that were back by the time Maryville played Powell.

You must remember that Maryville had like 4 startes suspendid for the Alcoa game that were back by the time Maryville played Powell.

yea, good point. BUT here is another....................The Maryville game was Alcoa QB Cobb's very first start. He has improved greatly in short order. He threw for 300 yrds. and was 10 for 10 at one point in last friday's game.

I think Alcoa will give McCallie as good a game as Riverdale and BA?

Friday will tell. :ph34r:

My heart says Alcoa........my better judgement says McCallie 28 - Alcoa 21

-BlountCountySportsFan

East TN football is superior to Middle TN football. McCallie beating BA and Riverdale is significant, but Alcoa going head to head with Maryville and Fulton IMO is more significant.

Alcoa plays very physical ball and I wonder if that won't throw some things off for McCallie. Couple that with the fact that Alcoa has so much speed on defense, and I really think the QB will be running around more than he's used to and the receivers won't be as open as they usually are.

Alcoa wins. They may even win big. Unless they get behind early and forget the run, Shiverdecker will have a monster day. Cobb will put up some stats on the ground and in the air. Alcoa's defense will come up with a couple of turnovers and Alcoa rolls.

FBEmeritus

No way Boyd beats Alcoa. CAK and Loudon were supposed to be the 2nd and 3rd best region teams. Alcoa beat them by a combined score of 105-14. Alcoa will roll in 2A unless Goodpasture and Westview is better than I thought.

McCallie will probably win. Any team that beats Riverdale and Brentwood Academy has to be pretty darn good.

Ron, first of all I said after this loss, Alcoa would not lose a game unless it is in the state game. 2A in E. TN is really weak but Alcoa is not. Alcoa will roll vs. all 2A opponets and through the play-offs because of this weakness. Alcoa is a good team but not as good as hyped. McCallie takes this one to give Alcoa its third loss of the season. I don't think Boyd can beat Alcoa this year ether.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Announcements

• Recent Posts

• Announced last Thursday on Metro schools Social media
    • Perhaps it is within the realm of possibility that the comprehension of my discourse, both by yourself and others, may be circumscribed by the boundaries of intellectual acumen. Might one contemplate this notion from such a perspective? Allow me to clarify that my intent does not lean towards disparagement, save for instances where provocation is directed towards myself or the esteemed troupe of the Trousdale County Yellow Jackets who proudly find domicile upon the hallowed grounds of CREEKBANK. In contemplation of the candidates under discussion, it is conjectured that individuals such as Gregory, Woodmore, Vetetoe, Eden, Hackett, and Cothron may emerge as contenders. Regrettably, it is deemed improbable that Shoulders shall express interest in this pursuit. Speculation arises regarding the potential candidacy of BJ West, albeit the implications of familial ties with Lafayette introduce complexities to such a scenario. The enigma of Dr. Clint's deliberations looms large, fraught with the weight of a formidable decision yet to be made.
    • My kind sir, you seem to be lost within the time space continuum having traveled from the 16th Century or you aspire to hide your true intelligence by masking your language with that of the great playwright. You know good and well, your commentary takes your fellow comrades hours to decipher what you are really saying and most of them are likely left questioning whether you have insulted them or find them to be in your favor. I offer you some advice. In my travels through this area of the country, it is best to speak slow and with a twang and you don't annunciate  words to their fullest. Your points will be clear then!  Any names been mentioned around town as Actual Applicants to this job? Seen several post mentioning individuals, but I haven't heard of any of them except for Shoulders. Does he have ties to TC?  Have amy of the other names mentioned ever been in the HC position before? 
    • They’re building something special there. They have 4 Varsity games scheduled & 5 JV. They are trying for a 5th Varsity game. Beat them now because they will be good in the future. They are building a football field there I think but the rich pricks of Farragut won’t let them get lights so they are possibly looking at property to build a stadium & field with lights 
    • The gustatory amalgamation of succulent pork chops juxtaposed with verdant greens indeed evokes a sensory delight. Clint's narrative, imbued with the ethos of resilience, navigated the tumultuous waters of the 1980s with commendable fortitude. As for the prospective successor to the coaching helm, the mention of esteemed mentor Nick Saban's absence prompts a discerning hesitation towards alternative candidates, for excellence is the sole criterion deemed worthy of emulation.  Pray, may I inquire as to your esteemed identity? Are you perchance a luminary within the domain of coaching, endowed with unparalleled wisdom and insight?