McCallie/Alcoa

mccalliesportsguy

Here is your first intangible to throw into the mix. Ask yourself one question and that is when was the last time a Coach Rankin team ever lost three games in a row?

He has lost the last two weeks, and I know for a fact he HATES to lose.

Normally I would say McCallie in a win, but with the intangible in there I will not hazard a guess.

GREAT CALL OLD DAD

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Shouldn't have deleted your first response. It made more sense than this one. :D

You're right, I probably shouldn't have deleted it. Not exactly sure why that doesn't make sense? Then again, by implying my first response made sense, you're speaking very poorly of yourself. I would never encourage you to do that. :blink::lol::lol:

So what was the RHS reactions to the score?

I'm guessing Riverdale loved McCallie getting beat. But I saw a feed of the last four minutes of the RD McCallie game and it was great to watch. McCallie played perfectly at the end of the game and and did exactly what they had to do to win it. It was fun to watch.

I was wrong, great win by Alcoa. I had thought, like many others did, McCallie would be too tough for Alcoa. Paper said MCC had 325 yards in the air and 142 on the ground!

How can a team get nearly 470 yards of Offence and still lose? Mr. Butts in the Maryville Daily Fish Wrap said it was the defense that came through? Really?

I thought GQ was the only coach to use the hook and ladder?

Great win Alcoa, Congratz, you’re going to roll now.

I was wrong, great win by Alcoa. I had thought, like many others did, McCallie would be too tough for Alcoa. Paper said MCC had 325 yards in the air and 142 on the ground!

How can a team get nearly 470 yards of Offence and still lose? Mr. Butts in the Maryville Daily Fish Wrap said it was the defense that came through? Really?

I thought GQ was the only coach to use the hook and ladder?

Great win Alcoa, Congratz, you’re going to roll now.

Thanks FBE...you are a stand up guy!!! Here's some of what happened: Turnover on their first Off. Poss. after driving 50 plus.....fumbled inside Alcoa's 25 I believe. Another fumble later in the game I believe. Drove at the end of the first half down to around the 10 or so and after a kid missed a BJ lazer, they lined up and attempted a FG and Brian Sommer laid "flat" out and blocked the kick. Most athletic play I have seen him make. I may have missed much more but that is what stands out to me. They did a lot of driving and to come away with no points.

Exciting game. BJ had big numbers, over 300 yards passing, and no interceptions. Just came up a little short.

Alcoa has several great players, which I am sure will be playing in DI,(college that is) over the next few years. What year is the Sommers kid?

Both teams are very well coached. McCallie will bounce back and win it all in DIIAAA and Alcoa will take it in 2A.

Exciting game. BJ had big numbers, over 300 yards passing, and no interceptions. Just came up a little short.

Alcoa has several great players, which I am sure will be playing in DI,(college that is) over the next few years. What year is the Sommers kid?

Both teams are very well coached. McCallie will bounce back and win it all in DIIAAA and Alcoa will take it in 2A.

Sommers is a Junior.

YES, it would be great to see East TN represent well in State Championship games!

My thoughts????

South Pittsburg - 1A

Alcoa - 2A

Fulton - 3A

Maryville -4A

Kingsport D-B -5A

McCallie -DII AAA

I'll be pulling hard for McCallie to finish strong! Classy team...Classy fans! :lol:

-BlountCountySportsFan