McCallie/Alcoa

mccalliesportsguy

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

hey does anyone know what type of offense they ran before rankin ???

Last year it was a lot of deep bombs and the Brandon Warren show, he always lit up the field. They also mixed in Lindsey and Lanxter. This year is not to much different, at least Loudon wasn't. Alcoa opened up with the speedy and very shifty Chris Shiverdecker, and also aired it out and I believe Cobb had 284 yards and 5 touchdowns. The 5 touchdowns were 57 yards, 3 yards, 52 yards, 67 yards, and 57 yards. He is one of the most mobile QBs I have seen, and he moves around the pocket and just when you think it is a busted play, he finds a guy in the seam. Alcoas offense was high powered, and I believe their secondary is their deffensive strength, although Sykes and Hicks can make it hard for a half back. This may be a shootout.

Here is your first intangible to throw into the mix. Ask yourself one question and that is when was the last time a Coach Rankin team ever lost three games in a row?

He has lost the last two weeks, and I know for a fact he HATES to lose.

Normally I would say McCallie in a win, but with the intangible in there I will not hazard a guess.

Here is your first intangible to throw into the mix. Ask yourself one question and that is when was the last time a Coach Rankin team ever lost three games in a row?

He has lost the last two weeks, and I know for a fact he HATES to lose.

Normally I would say McCallie in a win, but with the intangible in there I will not hazard a guess.

Yes, he would be 2-3 with a loss to McCallie

Maryville has a great passing attack also. McCallie doesn't have a receiver like Tyler Maples.

Another thing to remember. Alcoa didn't play Maryville when Maryville was at full strength. Adrian Baker didn't play in that game. Baker makes all the difference in the world. Baker is a D1 running back who has been offered by Akron and Miami,OH. With Baker in the lineup Maryville's offense is unstopable. Also in the Alcoa/Maryville game Tyler Maples didn't hardly play in the 2nd half because of cramps. Maples had lit up Alcoa for 7 catches for 160yds and 1 TD before the half.

McCallie has some fine play-makers at receiver. Don't underestimate their receving corps.

This is an interesting game and I wonder if we'll see the best either team has to offer. Rankin always used the non-region games to tweak and try to improve his team. McCallie has to have a tough time coming off of Brentwood Academy to play a 2A school. Regardless, even if neither team is totally focused there should be enough talent on the field to keep it very interesting.

Maryville has a great passing attack also. McCallie doesn't have a receiver like Tyler Maples.

Another thing to remember. Alcoa didn't play Maryville when Maryville was at full strength. Adrian Baker didn't play in that game. Baker makes all the difference in the world. Baker is a D1 running back who has been offered by Akron and Miami,OH. With Baker in the lineup Maryville's offense is unstopable. Also in the Alcoa/Maryville game Tyler Maples didn't hardly play in the 2nd half because of cramps. Maples had lit up Alcoa for 7 catches for 160yds and 1 TD before the half.

mccallie has so many wr's they cant get them all touches. dozier from mccallie is one of the best ive have seen, easily as good as maples. bradford doesnt have the size and newman doesnt have the quickness, but thyere good enough to take touches from dozier. no disrespect to maples or mayrville. but check out dozier on film, hes the real deal. he'll b playin in maryville next week (@ alcoa). stop by when you leave the maryville game at half time. :lol:

Edited by schmukduck