JPII VS MBA?

Knightime

OK football fans after JPII's bashing and MBA's whoopin by West Tennessee's ECS and CB. Which of these teams will bounce back to take this game?

Appearently both teams have lost their Defenses and both must have coaches that are to hard headed to make adjustments to their defensive schemes.

I must say JPII has the easiest remaining schedule and needs three wins to get in the playoffs while MBA is heading into the most difficult part of their schedule with their last 5 games having to face JPII, Father Ryan, BA, Mcallie and Baylor.

What program / Coaching staff has what it takes to turn it around?

I say JPII takes a close one in Double overtime 28-27.

I am going to pick JPII. Maybe 21-13. At the same time one of the MBA running backs may set a school record for rushing yards in the game. JPII's defense is not doing very well. I don't think it is do to coaching, but lack of key personnel. Tate is going to score period. :)

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Small pools to draw from?? Your whole school is nothing but guys, and you can recruit.

A standard class at MBA is about 125 boys. If it were a public school with a 50-50 split, that would make a student body of 750 from which to build a football team. That really isn't a huge enrollment. Additionally, there's a large segement of the MBA population that has no interest in football. Go to a meeting for parents of prospective parents at MBA and you'll hear briefly at some point about the athletic program. You'll have a wait a while as they discuss SAT scores, college admissions, discipline, academic facilities, and faculty qualifcations. In other words, it's not a football factory.

And if MBA has gone into the recruiting business, then the first thing that needs to happen is the firing of the recruiting coordinator. MBA puts an extremely low number of players into college football, and a miniscule number into Div. I-A programs, and most of those are at Vanderbilt. In other words, if they're recruiting, they're doing it very poorly. Contrast that with the recruiting at St. Thomas Aquinas here in my home of exile, Ft. Lauderdale. They place 3-5 players in Div. I-A each season. Any starter who wants to play in college generally finds a place, and it's not unheard of for reserves to play in college. That's the kind of recruiting I would expect from MBA.

I am going to pick JPII. Maybe 21-13. At the same time one of the MBA running backs may set a school record for rushing yards in the game. JPII's defense is not doing very well. I don't think it is do to coaching, but lack of key personnel. Tate is going to score period. :ph34r:

LACK OF KEY PERSONNEL?

What exactly does that mean?

They have 3 SR. down line men. A Sr & JR playing DE, 2SR's playing line backer, the rest have experience in this system.

Its the way the system is being used. The 5-2 is an attacking / slanting Dfense. They dont attack or slant. Whos fault is that? Maybe the coaches?

LACK OF KEY PERSONNEL?

What exactly does that mean?

They have 3 SR. down line men. A Sr & JR playing DE, 2SR's playing line backer, the rest have experience in this system.

Its the way the system is being used. The 5-2 is an attacking / slanting Dfense. They dont attack or slant. Whos fault is that? Maybe the coaches?

I believe you have been around long enough to know that being a senior doesn't mean a thing. Its how skilled you are. I completedly agree with you, they don't attack or slant. If the play on defense is more than five or six yards away from many of the JPII players, they act as if they are watching a game on television. They simply stand and watch many times. You can blame the coach if you want to, but maybe some of the players are to blame, its hard to coach heart. And I believe they graduated some players last year that were the heart and soul of the team, just my opinion. But I believe they will beat MBA. :unsure:

Field,

I agree. JP wins this game, and I think by a couple of TD's. Tate runs wild...both of them.

Ole Dad

I believe you have been around long enough to know that being a senior doesn't mean a thing. Its how skilled you are. I completedly agree with you, they don't attack or slant. If the play on defense is more than five or six yards away from many of the JPII players, they act as if they are watching a game on television. They simply stand and watch many times. You can blame the coach if you want to, but maybe some of the players are to blame, its hard to coach heart. And I believe they graduated some players last year that were the heart and soul of the team, just my opinion. But I believe they will beat MBA. :unsure:

If MBA hopes to have any chance to win, it will have to revive its defense. (The Big Red defense apparently missed the bus to Memphis last week.)

MBA's secondary is banged up and not exactly fleet of foot; Tate has a good chance for a big game - maybe three TDs.

Additionally, Soph RB Crum (injured achilles tendon) will have to play for MBA to win along with Soph QB Wise completing enough passes to keep the defense honest. A third down conversion rate of greater than 50% is imperative and being able to complete 7 to 10 yard passes over the middle would be of great help.

It will take a complete TEAM effort on MBA's part to win.

If MBA hopes to have any chance to win, it will have to revive its defense. (The Big Red defense apparently missed the bus to Memphis last week.)

MBA's secondary is banged up and not exactly fleet of foot; Tate has a good chance for a big game - maybe three TDs.

Additionally, Soph RB Crum (injured achilles tendon) will have to play for MBA to win along with Soph QB Wise completing enough passes to keep the defense honest. A third down conversion rate of greater than 50% is imperative and being able to complete 7 to 10 yard passes over the middle would be of great help.

It will take a complete TEAM effort on MBA's part to win.

I believe the Big Red will be ready to play. The defense is going to have to work extra hard and try to score some points to be able to keep up with Tate. But yes, MBA wins.

I believe you have been around long enough to know that being a senior doesn't mean a thing. Its how skilled you are. I completedly agree with you, they don't attack or slant. If the play on defense is more than five or six yards away from many of the JPII players, they act as if they are watching a game on television. They simply stand and watch many times. You can blame the coach if you want to, but maybe some of the players are to blame, its hard to coach heart. And I believe they graduated some players last year that were the heart and soul of the team, just my opinion. But I believe they will beat MBA. ;)

OK You have a good point. You cant coach heart , drive and want-to into a player. And the coach does need to light a fire under a few Butts. But you can put those same players into a system that develops confidence it. Dfense is all about scheming your play calls to what the other teams tendencies are. The vanilla read and react doesn’t give your players a chance to cover up a mistake. Take the pressure off the players and slant them, blitz them, put them in the correct position by calling coverages that take advantages of the other teams tendencies on down and distance that you watched on film or got from scouts. And when your calls are wrong, which you will be every now & then, you hope a player makes a great play or you pat them on the back and tell them “My Bad” We’ll get’m next time.