Smyrna vs. Ravenwood

Live4FridayNite615

smyrna isn't going anywhere in the play offs..... they're going to get put out first round at the tomahawk

obviously you dont know the playoff system to well. you will never see teams in the same region face each other first round. region 4 faces region 3 opponents first round. in this case, riverdale and smyrna are predicted to be the #1 and 2 teams in region 4, #1 region 4 will face #4 region 3, #2 region 4 will face #3 region 3.

you would not even see a 2nd round matchup between the two as in years past unless one of these 2 teams placed 1st while the other placed 3rd. if all plays out as predicted (smyrna and riverdale being 1 and 2 teams), only time you will see these two face each other in the playoffs would be 3rd round, and thats if both of them make it that far, and i dont think smyrna has made it past the 2nd round in their history

• Replies 151
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

obviously you dont know the playoff system to well. you will never see teams in the same region face each other first round. region 4 faces region 3 opponents first round. in this case, riverdale and smyrna are predicted to be the #1 and 2 teams in region 4, #1 region 4 will face #4 region 3, #2 region 4 will face #3 region 3.

you would not even see a 2nd round matchup between the two as in years past unless one of these 2 teams placed 1st while the other placed 3rd. if all plays out as predicted (smyrna and riverdale being 1 and 2 teams), only time you will see these two face each other in the playoffs would be 3rd round, and thats if both of them make it that far, and i dont think smyrna has made it past the 2nd round in their history

well then let me rephrase what i said...

smyrna will make it to the third round and get beat at the tomahawk

As much as I HATE smyrna football. I do know about 90% of their football and I have to admit, most of them are pretty unclassy, if not unclassy, cocky...However, Smyrna can flat out play, no question. The Riverdale vs. Smyrna will be a good one. But just to start the thread early, I say Smyrna takes this one. That is if they contain the run.

Sounds like someone is definitely in denial. Every team gets frustrated after losing a big game, but most teams still have the class to keep their composure, shake hands with the other team, and control themselves, and "being frustrated" is an awful excuse for the horrible behavior Smyrna showed. Sure Ravenwood was upset when we lost to BA and Brentwood in overtime, but the Raptors still showed good sportmanship. I know Coach Rector would never stand for any of that awful attitude Smyrna had, and I sure hope the Smyrna coaches gave those players a piece of their mind after the game.

you are right, every team gets frustrated after a tough loss. but i have never seen a group of fans stand on the side line and taunt the other teams players as they are trying to have their post game prayer. a coach from ravenwood had to herd this group of classless fans off of the sideline. that is why #17 became so upset. make sure you realize that when you point a finger at someone for being classless, you have four pointing right back at you. class goes both ways.

you are right, every team gets frustrated after a tough loss. but i have never seen a group of fans stand on the side line and taunt the other teams players as they are trying to have their post game prayer. a coach from ravenwood had to herd this group of classless fans off of the sideline. that is why #17 became so upset. make sure you realize that when you point a finger at someone for being classless, you have four pointing right back at you. class goes both ways.

Ok, that may be true, but you cant sit on here and start critizing ravenwood's fans. Not only is that out of the football team's control, but you cant get worked up over rowdy fans. Ravenwood has delt with rowdy fans plently of times, but none of our players tried to run head first into them. Fans CAN be loud and rowdy, thats part ofthe game.

Thank You!!!

actually u only have 3 and ppl know smyrna to be classless before this game

Edited by SCN08FearTheSpear