Cheatham Co. at Greenbrier

Big Country

The first half of the high school football season is almost in the books but before that happens both of these schools have one more non region game to play against one another. Cheatham Co. heads to "Bobcat Field" next Friday night to do battle with a red hot, and well rested, Greenbrier bunch. The Cubs are 1-3 overall (0-2 in region play) while the Bobcats have won two in a row to even their record at 2-2 overall (1-0 in region play). Cheatham Co. is led by the duo of Kyle Christmas & Joey Beach. Those two guys are on fire so far this year. Christmas has thrown 10TD passes and Beach has 8TD catches thus far on the year. That has to rank somewhere near the top in QB-WR combo's in the entire midstate. For the first time since 2001 there will not be a player with the last name "Herndon" playing for Greenbrier when I see them. That made me feel confident for a second but reality has since set back in because the Bobcats have an excellent trio in their offensive backfield this year in Lance Roach, Jody Dorris, and Ty Lynch. I believe all of those guys have rushed for 3TD's each on the year thus far. Justin Grogan, who started a couple of games at QB last year as a sophomore, seems to be doing an excellent job of managing the game for coach Kirk Williams' squad this year.

This one should be interesting without a doubt and I look forward to heading back to Greenbrier because this will be my first broadcast there since the 2003 second round playoff game (Sycamore-Greenbrier II is what most folks at those two schools know that classic as). I can't wait to see the changes that have taken place on the visitor side of the stadium since then because I have heard so much about the changes, mainly to the bleachers, for two years now. Good Luck to both teams on what I expect to be a very hard fought physical battle :lol:

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The Greenbrier - Cheatham County game last year was much like the Greenbirer-Lipscomb game this year, where Bobcat fans were scratching their heads wondering who had hi-jacked the green and white uniforms. Greenbrier came back after that loss to Cheatham County on a fierce run, ending the season and the streak with White House, and also to take their third straight region championship.

I expect after two weeks of rest, and this Cheatham County visit to the Bobcat Field on Homecoming night to be a great turnout of fans and to be a hard hitting game. Greenbrier is rested and ready to go. I predict a Greenbrier victory at night's end.

As far as the new bleachers on the visitor side, the bleachers there are no longer wooden, but not much else has changed YET.

The exciting news is that plans are in the making (providing the funds come to fruition), that by the 2007 season, the Greenbrier visitors will gain more room (by 400 seats) by a swap to the current homeside. New larger homeside bleachers will be built (on the current visitor side) that will add approximately 1000 seats. Additonal ticket holder seats will have bench backs. This will take the stadium to a seating capacity of approximately 3200. The plans look great and it is my hope that there is enough interest to make this happen. It will be great for both Bobcat fans and visitors to be able to have more seating space.

The Greenbrier - Cheatham County game last year was much like the Greenbirer-Lipscomb game this year, where Bobcat fans were scratching their heads wondering who had hi-jacked the green and white uniforms. Greenbrier came back after that loss to Cheatham County on a fierce run, ending the season and the streak with White House, and also to take their third straight region championship.

I expect after two weeks of rest, and this Cheatham County visit to the Bobcat Field on Homecoming night to be a great turnout of fans and to be a hard hitting game. Greenbrier is rested and ready to go. I predict a Greenbrier victory at night's end.

As far as the new bleachers on the visitor side, the bleachers there are no longer wooden, but not much else has changed YET.

The exciting news is that plans are in the making (providing the funds come to fruition), that by the 2007 season, the Greenbrier visitors will gain more room (by 400 seats) by a swap to the current homeside. New larger homeside bleachers will be built (on the current visitor side) that will add approximately 1000 seats. Additonal ticket holder seats will have bench backs. This will take the stadium to a seating capacity of approximately 3200. The plans look great and it is my hope that there is enough interest to make this happen. It will be great for both Bobcat fans and visitors to be able to have more seating space.

I'm guessing that there is no more parking in the grass allowed????

I'm guessing that there is no more parking in the grass allowed????

This year season pass holders are allowed to park behind the visitor side, but I'm not sure what next year will do to that parking space. I know that currently the homeside is 9 rows high and if the new bleachers are built they will double in height at least in the middle section with two smaller sections at the ends if my memory serves correctly. There has been mention that eventually they may try to build the Greenbrier locker room under the stands.

Edited by GreenbrierCat2

Homecoming week for the Bobcats after coming off a bye week…..concerns me a little.

Last year Cheatham manhandled Greenbrier and gave them their worst defeat of the year. I expect this year’s game to be much closer….or at least I hope so. It should be a very physical game. GB’s young secondary will have to be up to speed to contain Cheatham’s passing game.

Greenbrier needs to stay on the winning track heading into a tough region schedule. I think the Marshall County game gave them some much needed confidence.

Looking forward to a good game Friday night. Good luck to both teams.

Big Country….No interviews…please.

Homecoming week for the Bobcats after coming off a bye week…..concerns me a little.

Looking forward to a good game Friday night. Good luck to both teams.

Same here. With all of the "extra" activities that go on with HC week.... it seems that focus is sometimes lost. And while bye weeks help you heal, I think they sometimes allow a team to lose the edge. Hopefully the coaches will take care of these issues. This would be a good win for the Cats.