Cheatham Co. at Greenbrier

Big Country

I think the seniors are taking this very seriously! I know they had a few fun things last week but are staying home and out of harms way this week. Mine has been in bed before 10:00 every night since Sunday night and none of the other seniors has been over the house since Saturday so I think they are trying to stay focused...

And guess what (keeping fingers crossed that this doesn't jinx me) we haven't been rolled!! :ph34r:

Keep up the good work guys and remember what everyone keeps telling you, one week at a time...

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In the past, I haven't participated that much on the non-Lipscomb threads, but this year I have closely watched the 3A comments. Last week I gave my thoughts on the Page-Marshall County game and it played out just the way I thought it should and did.

The Cheatham County-Greenbrier Game falls into that same category. An interesting one. Watching both teams play Lipscomb, you could take something from each team. Neither team's defense came to play, could not stop the Mustang running game. First Assumption: Neither team can stop the run. Advantage: Greenbrier. They will control the clock. Second Assumption: Who does have the better offense and can utilize it against a weaker Defense: Cheatham County. They can mix it up, on the ground, in the air, trick plays. Special Teams: Advantage: Cheatham County. The Most Physical Team: Greenbrier. Coaching: Even, two very well-coached teams.

Who will win: If Greenbrier wins the toss, take the ball and establish the ground game and score on the opening possession, Greenbrier will have the edge in the game. Greenbrier wins in a physical smash mouth type of game-

If Cheatham County can play just enough Defense and control the line of scrimmage and force Greenbrier to pass, Cheatham County wins the game. The Cubs appears to have more offensive weapons and finese.

Final Thougths: Cheatham County as Cheetahs will win.

Greenbrier as bulls in a china shop wins.

Who will show up?

For those who care: Mustangs vs. BYE, this week.

Assuming we beat Dekalb? Not you to Catfish :ph34r:

I believe White House will beat DeKalb Co. when they play them.

I will say that it won't be as easy as you probably think. They played Greenbrier tough and had their long snapper not snapped one to Jupiter, their quarterback not thrown an INT that got returned for a TD, and the punt return man not muffed a punt that led to Greenbrier's final score (first teamers) of the night THEN THE FINAL WOULD HAVE BEEN 7-0 BOBCATS!!!! Give Greenbrier all the credit in the world because winning road games in the region is a tough thing to do and any win in the region is a good one especially on the road. The Bobcats won that game by beating DeKalb Co. up physically. With that said I am sure that Greenbrier fans will tell you that DeKalb's defense is much improved this year. That little #24 they have playing quarterback is a good athlete.

Who does White House beat outside of that?????

There's no secret whatsoever that WH-Sycamore next week is pretty much a "Region 4-3A Playoff Eliminator". Pearl Cohn and Station Camp are both two games up on Sycamore (the lead is really three games as both hold the head-to-head tiebreaker against the War Eagles). White House lost to Macon Co., so they can't afford a loss against another "bubble playoff team" in 4-3A. After all Macon did lose to Pearl Cohn 42-2. If WH loses to Sycamore next week I can already think of three losses they'll have in the region.

Station Camp: they are in the playoffs with a win over Macon OR White House

Pearl Cohn: they'll pretty much lock up a playoff spot next week vs DeKalb

After that??????

Greenbrier is obviously in the best shape since they haven't lost a region game yet. Macon Co. needs a region win over Sycamore then they need to close out with a win over DeKalb. If they do this then they'll be playoff bound. Sycamore at White House next week????? Let's just say it's going to be huge!!!

In the past, I haven't participated that much on the non-Lipscomb threads, but this year I have closely watched the 3A comments. Last week I gave my thoughts on the Page-Marshall County game and it played out just the way I thought it should and did.

The Cheatham County-Greenbrier Game falls into that same category. An interesting one. Watching both teams play Lipscomb, you could take something from each team. Neither team's defense came to play, could not stop the Mustang running game. First Assumption: Neither team can stop the run. Advantage: Greenbrier. They will control the clock. Second Assumption: Who does have the better offense and can utilize it against a weaker Defense: Cheatham County. They can mix it up, on the ground, in the air, trick plays. Special Teams: Advantage: Cheatham County. The Most Physical Team: Greenbrier. Coaching: Even, two very well-coached teams.

Who will win: If Greenbrier wins the toss, take the ball and establish the ground game and score on the opening possession, Greenbrier will have the edge in the game. Greenbrier wins in a physical smash mouth type of game-

If Cheatham County can play just enough Defense and control the line of scrimmage and force Greenbrier to pass, Cheatham County wins the game. The Cubs appears to have more offensive weapons and finese.

Final Thougths: Cheatham County as Cheetahs will win.

Greenbrier as bulls in a china shop wins.

Who will show up?

For those who care: Mustangs vs. BYE, this week.

Excellent breakdown.....

(cool VU logo... :thumb: )

Vandy 1 I think that was a good post you made with lots of good points. However, I can't fully agree with you on the point of if it turns into a slug fest then Greenbrier will win because they are more physical. Cheatham can be very physical too. That is what they talk about all the time at Cheatham is being tough. Greenbrier may be a little bigger in most positions this year, but I don't know how much tougher they are. I think Cheatham can swap blows with a lot of people, they just get out athleted sometimes. It should be a great game Friday night, and the winner will probably win by 8 or less whichever way it goes. Good luck to both teams. :lol:

Vandy 1 I think that was a good post you made with lots of good points. However, I can't fully agree with you on the point of if it turns into a slug fest then Greenbrier will win because they are more physical. Cheatham can be very physical too. That is what they talk about all the time at Cheatham is being tough. Greenbrier may be a little bigger in most positions this year, but I don't know how much tougher they are. I think Cheatham can swap blows with a lot of people, they just get out athleted sometimes. It should be a great game Friday night, and the winner will probably win by 8 or less whichever way it goes. Good luck to both teams. :lol:

My thoughts were based on Lipscomb playing both teams this year and how those games played out. Greenbrier was more physical and potentially could control the clock with the ground game. Cheatham County was more creative in their offensive game plan against Lipscomb. Neither defense showed up that night--so that could ultimately be the most determining factor---who will play some defense.

Cheatham has surprised me over the past few weeks with the "we never give up" attitude so I think this one is going to be close. If Cheatham can play their assignments on defense and get their offense(which has not been bad)going they could win. Cheatham, strength wise, is not a week team so I'm looking for a good one.

Cheatham by 3