Cheatham Co. at Greenbrier

Big Country

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Good homecoming win for the Cats and one of the windiest games I can remember in a long time. Greenbrier takes this one 36 to 20 without too much trouble. Cheatham picked it up in the 4th and looked good throwing the ball but that was about it. CC just couldn't get a hold of the Bobcat's ground game. The Cub's punter was amazing. Talk about turning a field over.

Next week is when it all gets down to the nitty-gritty. One game at a time and each of these games is the most important of the season.

The Greenbrier running game was very impressive tonight. I'm guessing over 400 yards on the ground. Jody Dorris rushed for well over 100 (maybe 200) and Lance Roach scored 4 TD's. GB only punted once.

Still some things to work on to get tuned up for the region run....but overall another impressive win for the Bobcats. 3 in a row. Hopefully we can continue to improve.

Next week's match up vs. Station Camp should be a good one.

Good Luck to Cheatham County.

I think there are going to be some very high scoring games left in 5-3a due to the fact I have seen only one team that can play defense.

With turnovers and other factors I would say the average score will have at least 50 + scored in these region games......

Congrats to the Bobcats. I thought the Cheatham passing game could cause problems but it looks like it was too late.....Big Country????

Can the Bobcats run the table....is it true that Herndon gave the pre-game speech?

I agree the running game for the Cats was hard hitting. They came to play and they look determined. Jody had a good game tonight and Lance has been a great addition to the team. Great game guys....next up Station Camp. That will tell the tale.

Cheatham hurt themselves alot tonight. Penalties galore...and a real problem with personal fouls. I think I counted three against the Cubs.

I think there are going to be some very high scoring games left in 5-3a due to the fact I have seen only one team that can play defense.

With turnovers and other factors I would say the average score will have at least 50 + scored in these region games......

Congrats to the Bobcats. I thought the Cheatham passing game could cause problems but it looks like it was too late.....Big Country????

Can the Bobcats run the table....is it true that Herndon gave the pre-game speech?

I saw both Kyle and Roger at the game, and Kyle has been on the field during warmups this season but I have no idea about the speech.

Yes Cheatham seemed to come to life too late in the fourth. And I agree about their punter....he will be on somebody's recruiting list. Again, they have some discipline issues. Late hits and trying to wrestle the ball away after the play is over...and somebody wasn't getting the message on the line.

Sorry it has taken me so late to post folks. Greenbrier is an awfully impressive football team. If they play the way that they did up front tonight they will be a very tough team to beat down the stretch this year. Next week's game at Station Camp will decide the Region 4-3A title in my personal opinion. Greenbrier's backs run extremely hard. The Bobcat offense ran a total of 53 plays tonight. They were 0/1 throwing the football. Running it they carried the rock 52 times for right at 390 yards and 5TD's. The three headed monster of Dorris, Lynch, & Roach (who I was most impressed by) all played well. Grogan managed the game well. Defensively Greenbrier did what they usually do. They limited the opposition's big plays tonight. Beach had a 41 yard TD run on the second play of the Cubs second series tonight but outside the that Cheatham did virtually nothing throughout the first three quarters. The fourth quarter is when Christmas and Beach finally got in a rhythym but it was too little too late as Greenbrier held on to stop a Cubs rally late and preserved a "Homecoming 2006" win 36-20. Basically the Cats repayed the Cubs for what happened last year at "Homecoming 2005" in Ashland City. They just whipped us all night bulldog69 :o

Good Luck to Greenbrier down the stretch. For Cheatham the road to the postseason begins next week with a "must win" game at home against Marshall Co.

Greenbrier was more physical and potentially could control the clock with the ground game. Cheatham County was more creative in their offensive game plan against Lipscomb. Neither defense showed up that night--so that could ultimately be the most determining factor---who will play some defense.

How well did Greenbrier control the game. It appeared they must have controlled the clock with the ground game. Did not have to throw the ball.