McKenzie @ Huntingdon

GlenChervin

I'm pretty sure you're right about that too!!! It's good that great athletes get recognition for what they do but, enough is enough IMHO. All the "right" people know who these kids are now. Let's back off and give 'em a break for the rest of the season.

I think that IF this game proceeds as it should, everyone will see that the current Rebel QB is every bit as competent as Hayes was. Carr may be a bit behind Hayes in field presence or game intelligence but, he's every bit as good play wise IMHO. And that certainly isn't in any way a knock on Drew.

Good luck to all tonight and hope that this is an injury free game for both teams!! :ph34r:

I've said since before the season started that the recognition that Chris has recieved is a curse to some extent. Everyone likes to have their hard work recognized but the amount of publicity that the Sun and others have given him is a heavy burden to put on a 17 year old. Not only does it place a bull's eye on you in every game but it is a lot to live up to each week. It has to make it difficult to enjoy your senior year with all the pressure they are under.

• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm pretty sure you're right about that too!!! It's good that great athletes get recognition for what they do but, enough is enough IMHO. All the "right" people know who these kids are now. Let's back off and give 'em a break for the rest of the season.

I think that IF this game proceeds as it should, everyone will see that the current Rebel QB is every bit as competent as Hayes was. Carr may be a bit behind Hayes in field presence or game intelligence but, he's every bit as good play wise IMHO. And that certainly isn't in any way a knock on Drew.

Good luck to all tonight and hope that this is an injury free game for both teams!! :ph34r:

Aint it fun when people still complain about past players

I've said since before the season started that the recognition that Chris has recieved is a curse to some extent. Everyone likes to have their hard work recognized but the amount of publicity that the Sun and others have given him is a heavy burden to put on a 17 year old. Not only does it place a bull's eye on you in every game but it is a lot to live up to each week. It has to make it difficult to enjoy your senior year with all the pressure they are under.

I can buy that. With Bug making All-State we receive lots of letters and calls. We even took phone outta house because of it. Bug is gonna do what Bug is gonna do. Either it be baseball or football, this is his show as it should be Chris's. Good luck to all. And most of all a big ole Rebel Victory.

For all you good folks from McKenzie.

Go by the north end zone concession stand and ask for Shelly. They have one of the best football menus around West Tennessee. Not only do they have the traditional burgers and hot dogs and nacho chips with cheese but they change every week and offer something new. The word on the street is Shelly was making cajun gumbo and also fried dill pickles. (Shades of USJ last year)... :ph34r:

Steady boys.. Remember the vow... :ph34r:

I much agree with you!!

I know the (Drew) Hayes family and the (Chris) Donald family well enough to know that I'm certain they wish all this mess would go away. I don't know the Crocker family at all and only know the Bug Smith family from seeing them for a lot of years around town here and feel safe in saying that they will concur with the others that enough is enough. They are probably not the only ones on these two teams either.

Hayes is situated in college now WHERE HE WANTED TO BE so that's academic at this point. These other kids will do the same. They are all smart enough to not decide their future based on what you and I want to see them do.

Edited by duckman38201

For all you good folks from McKenzie.

Go by the north end zone concession stand and ask for Shelly. They have one of the best football menus around West Tennessee. Not only do they have the traditional burgers and hot dogs and nacho chips with cheese but they change every week and offer something new. The word on the street is Shelly was making cajun gumbo and also fried dill pickles. (Shades of USJ last year)... :ph34r:

Steady boys.. Remember the vow... :ph34r:

If u see a 6 ft 6 in 280lb man in line don't kick him, and u better not cut in front of him.

And let me shout out to my boy in mckenzie burn em bug. And for my buddy in huntingdon Get it done cody and leave bug alone. The only pass u need to complete is to ole no. 1.

Aint it fun when people still complain about past players

Yeah, in a way I guess. But, you don't see any of us talking trash about Chris or Cody either so it just ain't right IMHO for others to talk about Drew.

No single player in west TN in my memory has gotten the press that Chris Donald has this year though. Has he earned it? Does he deserve it?? YES!!!! Is it time for everyone else to get over Hayes? YES!

Carroll Co. has been blessed with several great athletes in recent years. For a rural county like we are if you go back for 8-10 years and start counting up the ones that are out there the number is staggering for such a rural area. We should all be proud of what our kids have accomplished around here jointly and support all of them (well MAYBE some concession whey they are competing against each other).

Heck, a lot of 'em are competing right here behind my house now on a VERY GOOD Bethel Wildcat team (s) now (their football team is one of the best NAIA teams in the country)!!! Now a lot of 'em are competing together and they get along fine. Bethel's athletic facilities are basically in my back yard and I get to see a lot of our kids compete in several sports together instead of against each other as in the past. It's pretty cool to watch.

Edited by duckman38201