Knox Central vs Bearden

PigSkinRules

In my opinion this is a dangerous game for the Cats. Central better not be looking ahead to next weeks match up with Maryville. Bearden seems to have bought into the system of Bill Wilson and they have been much more competitive this season. In 05 the Bobcats were up HUGE at half time of this game and Im sure the Bulldogs will have something to prove. Ill give my prediction later in the week after Ive seen the mentality of this Central Team.

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Maryville is the only big problem I see Central facing this year...

Halls Coach said, "West has the best offense I have seen." The key to playing with Central is execution and team speed. Maryvile and West seem to be the best teams Central will face down the stretch. Who knows about Bearden. Central is young and are due for a typical young teams game. Mistakes, fumbles, etc... If they aren't focused on the Bulldogs they better watch out.

It is really hard to get a gauge on Bearden. They played a very good KDB team tough, but lost to a decent Farragut team by a bigger margin. I don't think it will be the blow out that it was last year with the Bobcats having over 50 by halftime. Bill Wilson is a good coach and he is very familiar with Central and coach Helton.

Everyone is saying Central is young and inexpereinced. They are on the offensive side of the ball. Our defensive front is a senior dominated, expereinced unit and they will have a lot to say about the outcomes of Central's games this season. I don't think they will let the rest of the team lose focus. You could see in the game against Lenior City that the offense started to do that as the game wore on and it was apparent the LC could not really challenge the Bobcats. I know coach Helton did, too. He was not the happiest camper on the sidelines. I think the challenge the Cats have this week and this game is to play a complete game. Clark has to make good decisions, which for the most part, he has. The O line has to stop blowing assignments and getting holding penalties. The DBs and linebackers will need to work on pass coverage because Bearden likes to throw it around.

I think Central will have a solid win. My guess is by 24.

Congrats to Cory Jefferies on being the defensive player of the week.

I think if you will check the history on Bill Wilson's teams, you will find that they play great one week and not so great the next. As medman said, it is and has been hard to get a gauge on Wilson's team. Of course, anything would be an improvement over what they have done in the past few years.

Edited by papatj