Oak Ridge vs. Jefferson County

BIG CAT RIDGER

Home cooking by the ref's last week? WildManFan you and I musta been watching two different games. The penalties seemed to go both ways, usually against the 'Cats. Last years game at Jeff County was ridiculous in regards to flags.

I like Jeff County and remember their glory days, they will return.

This weeks game is Homecoming for Oak Ridge, lots of activities. Bonfire for the 'Cats on Thursday night, Hall of Famers introduced at half-time of the game. Lots of former football players will be on hand. Weather is suppose to be actually great football weather!

Friday Nights, Bright Lights! ROLL WILDCATS ROLL!

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Here's the lineup for Jeff County (2-2)

OFFENSE

WR -- 8 Nick Sherrod, 6-1, 181 Jr.

WR -- 6 Tyler Stepp, 6-5, 210 So.

TE -- 88 Darren Whitehead, 6-3, 253 Sr.

QB -- 7 Spencer Gatlin, 6-2, 188 Sr.

FB -- 46 Will Brooks, 6-1, 225 So.

RB -- 13 Christian McFall, 5-9, 170 So.

RT -- 53 Aaron Green, 6-2, 253 Sr.

RG -- Beau Griffin, 5-10, 244 Jr.

C -- John Bell, 5-9, 215 Sr.

LG -- 52 Brett Denton, 6-2, 241 Sr.

LT -- 51 Alex Plont, 6-0, 279 Jr.

PK -- 5 David Hendrikson, 6-3, 185 Sr.

DEFENSE

DT -- 62 Brett Denton, 6-2, 241 Sr.

NG -- 62 Bradley Robbins, 5-8, 209 Sr.

DT -- 70 Terrence Stewart, 6-4, 290 So.

LB -- 20 Jerry Kralls, 5-10, 180 So.

LB -- 88 Darren Whitehead, 6-3, 253 Sr.

LB -- 11 Jonathan Yeary, 6-0, 212 Jr.

LB -- 45 Drew Norton, 5-10, 182 Jr.

CB -- 26 Ben Moore, 5-8, 165 So.

CB -- 13 Christian McFall, 5-9, 170 Sr.

FS -- 8 Nick Sherrod, 6-1, 181 Jr.

FS -- 2 Nick Grindstaff, 5-10, 160 So.

P -- 5 David Hendrikson, 6-3, 185 Sr.

I'm not afraid they stay mad at me about something all the time anyway. The Frosh looked OK but the JV's were awful. They couldn't do anything right Too many penalities and mistakes. I have heard that the frosh will out play the JV's in scrimmages. As I have said about them before too much Me and not enough We involved with this JV team. Sorry if I made someone mad but that's the way I saw it last nite.

Edited by bounder

I guess maybe I over reacted a little but there were two incidents that I could see, one was a no call close to the beginning of the game. A defensive player had his whole head and shoulders in the nuetral zone when the ball was snaped. The other was the call that gave OR 5 or 6 plays to score their second touchdown. I didnt mean it was ANYTHING like it was at Jeff Co. last year. I guess I just dont like local refs calling these games. I know the story...those guys have regular jobs and get paid very little blah blah blah. My feelings are these kids go to school full time and they don't get paid a dime. It just seems seems like something could be done to make sure the refs do not have a conflict of interest. Did yall hear about what happened between the Owls and Govs this past week?

Bad Refs and home cookin really takes away from the game.

I hate to hear that about the JV. There are a lot of sophs coming up that could uplift this program. Some need more playing time on Fridays right now. Maybe just Maybe a leader will emerge out of the senior or junior class in the next couple weeks so they can right the ship before they find themselves at 5-5 or 6-4 going into the post season. I don't think any one wants to go to DB in the first round. It's by no means too late to change all that but time is runnin out.

Kat,

On here you have to be a "Yellow Dog Fan" or you get blasted. It's ok though, Bounder and I take most of the heat off you guys cause everyone stays missed at us.

Ole Dad

BC, I'll tell you Friday night. If I give my take on the JV on here, I'll get attacked, accused of not being a "fan", and who knows what else. Or give me a call and I'll fill you in.

Edited by Ole Dad